• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

Re: Summer/Fall Dates tomorrow!!

#251745 1 year, 3 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
What great news to see!!
I like the idea of getting summer and fall dates at the same time. This is really going to help with planning and budgeting. And I also kind of like the fall Deadheadland rumors (emphasis on rumors) about 3 nights in Vegas and Berkley. Though that would make for a very, very hard choice. Vegas is easy, cheap, makes Dave happy and is more of a familiar entity. Berkley is certainly a mecca, and would make Sweetwater and TXR visits a bonus. But it's much more expensive and much more logistically stressful. And then there's still Red Rocks to consider. Hmmmm.....it's going to be quite the thinking, planning and discussion filled weekend, if tickets go on sale Monday!

Still, I sure like this kind of problem!!

I would recommend Berkeley over Vegas any day. Furthur has not played the Berkeley Greek yet and it would certainly bring all the old heads out of the woodwork. The excitement factor would be enormous. I have a soft spot for the Greek cause it was my first west coast venue. I'll never forget getting in there and seeing that amazing tie-dye backdrop. Seeing the large poster takes me right back to that very moment.
images.gdao.org/view/image/ark%3A%2F38305%2Fg4t153ww%2Fis%2F1
Last Edit: 1 year, 3 months ago by Daisy Mae.
The following user(s) said Thank You: direwolflove222
CosmicCookie
Senior Boarder
Its dizzying, the possibilities...

#251746 1 year, 3 months ago
((((((BostonBostonBoston))))))))

Wicked pumped for tomorrow! Think they'll go onsale right away or give us a week to save our pennies?
Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don't be sorry
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#251747 1 year, 3 months ago
(((berkeley)))
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#251748 1 year, 3 months ago
we're planning on the Greek L.A. but if they announce Berkley L.A. is out of the question!
The voices tell me what to say
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paige MoonDancer
karenrose
Gold Boarder
What a long, strange trip it's been..

#251751 1 year, 3 months ago
Hope they do the Koka Booth Ampitheater in Cary, NC again. What a great venue! And anything in Western NY would be great so I could go home & see all my Buffalo peeps! Red Rocks is on our list too!
Last Edit: 1 year, 3 months ago by karenrose.
The following user(s) said Thank You: brokenarrow, MS_half-step
B-Rad
Gold Boarder

#251754 1 year, 3 months ago
mr. nobody wrote:
Deadheadland makes it sound like a New England tour. Where do they get that? Anyways, if they say Jersey and you say Barclay's then I say Jersey means Susquehanna Banking Center (old Tweeters) in Camden. That would be greater Philly- they won't skip Philly! I don't get the clustering in Manchester and CT (after 3 in Boston I'd get SPAC or Albany) but guess we'll know tomorrow...

Don't underestimate new England heads. But I bet its two at the BoA pavillion, a night inNH (although I am hearing Maine), one Bethel, two Barclay's, then who knows..

The idea that it must fit between All Good and vibes is silly. The could easily cool it for a few night's when Phil plays gibes and pick the tour up again.

Sounds like the Greek Berkeley is locked in...I wonder how many show. More than two and I might choose that over Red Rocks this year.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#251762 1 year, 3 months ago
funky420 wrote:
we're planning on the Greek L.A. but if they announce Berkley L.A. is out of the question!

Are you serious about that? Dave was at the Greek in '84 and kind of likes the idea of going back, and I like the idea of seeing some bay area folks (PAIGE! ATWELL!). It would be pretty cool to have you there, too!
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#251765 1 year, 3 months ago
Seriously they are NOT booking summer shows at an indoor basketball arena in Brooklyn in July or August. MCU has worked very well the past 2 years. Indoor shows in the summer suck and just because Barclay's is the current "in" place to see a show does NOT mean Furthur is playing there. It makes no sense at all, just my.02

(((((DROP THE DATES)))))
-- smell every flower --
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#251767 1 year, 3 months ago
I'd be up for the Barclay. Easy trip from Philly.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#251769 1 year, 3 months ago
Equinox wrote:
I'd be up for the Barclay. Easy trip from Philly.

Is a Berkeley Greek show something that might work for you and the Mrs., Equinox? Just wondering!
Time to create page: 0.72 seconds