• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

Re: Summer/Fall Dates tomorrow-NOT

#252826 1 year, 6 months ago
Cub wrote:
My sister lives in Boulder and sez the Boulder Theater for a 5 night run so who knows?

this might be the best rumor yet.
------------------------------------------------------

i did an experiment. it took exactly 6 days for my completely made up rumor to become a fact to many people, and even has dates now.

edit: the experiment was not the boulder theater
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Last Edit: 1 year, 6 months ago by wlewis.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bambamcdn
mr. nobody
Junior Boarder

#252829 1 year, 6 months ago
I love this thread. And what's wrong with using a magic 8 ball and then posting results? Been thinking and asking the 8 ball and realize that there's nothing to keep them from doing Edgefield before Red Rocks. It's not too weird of a route...actually same distance to drive the trucks. So...Edgefield> something> Red Rocks> something> Bkly Greek> Vegas> LA Greek That's my final answer. Until later. And yes, it's all made up.
Tucson John
Senior Boarder

#252837 1 year, 6 months ago
Talked to Edgefield last week and they said they were still working with the band and the city of Troutdale so we will see! Maybe that whats holding up the announcement! I like Hornings as an alternative. Oregon is a must, second home to the Dead and Phil and Bobby have always made the effort because we are family! Cuthburt maybe hard because of the duck games but we will see! oH YEA i MAKE FUN OF bOOBY EVERY CHANCE i GET ITS TRADITION BUT LOVE THE GUY!
RowTimmy
Senior Boarder

#252839 1 year, 6 months ago
Here's how I see the fall tour falling into place. Edgefield (4 nights) 9/26-9/29, Greek Berkeley 10/1&2, Greek LA, 104-6, RR 10/8-10, then HR Vegas 10/11.
Last Edit: 1 year, 6 months ago by RowTimmy.
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

#252843 1 year, 6 months ago
[quote="wlewis" post=252826]

i did an experiment. it took exactly 6 days for my completely made up rumor to become a fact to many people, and even has dates now.

Ah ha! Well, there's nothing wrong with generating a little buzz, and maybe it will start a conversation that will lead somewhere at some point down the road.
FaceOnMars
Junior Boarder
Listen To The Flower People

Re: Summer/Fall Dates tomorrow!!

#252848 1 year, 6 months ago
dr bakes wrote:
AcidTestGraduate wrote:
Equinox wrote:
bxorain wrote:
Why does every long thread eventually have to turn into the same handful of people complaining about Bob? We get it, you don't like Bob or anything Bob is affliated with....at some point can we move on from this?

Without Bobby there'd have been no GD.

Without Bobby there'd be no Furthur.

Good enough in my book.

There would have been a Grateful Dead without Bobby, but it would have been different. You see, the Grateful Dead is primarily comprised of the triumverate of Garcia/Lesh/Kreutzman. Without any of these key components there would not have been a proper Grateful Dead. I say this because these were the accomplished musicians. Garcia and Kreutzman had given lessons, and Lesh was the formally trained. Bobby, as we all know, was the student. Pigpen was a dynamic performer, but his keyboard prowess was severely lacking, hence the introduction of TC when the psychedelics were flowing smoothly. Despite that he remained a force to be reckoned with when he got the spotlight, as we're all aware.
The Grateful Dead could very well have been a force to be reckoned with, sans Bobby Weir, had they found another good looking guy who could sing and play rhythm guitar, with leanings towards song writing a definite plus. A penchant for LSD consumption would come in handy as well.
You'll all recall a time in GD lore when Bobby was on the verge of being given his walking papers. I can't verify whether or not this was true, but it always seemed probable for some reason. Many a show I'd look at him and wondered wtf he was doing in this band of psychedelic pioneers. It just goes to show that this psychedelic pattern is the result of a very strange and asymetrical image.

That is the biggest bunch of BS that I have ever heard!

Agreed. I'd even go so far as to say Bobby may have been more important than Jerry for the Grateful Dead to be what they were - as a band. This is hardly to say that Jerry wasn't one of the most special musicians that I've ever had a chance to listen to, but rather that Weir has an uncanny knack of helping all the peices work together while all parts are moving. It's not just the role of his instrument (which is basically dead center), but his big ears and the ability to act on this. I think all members of the GD developed this ability very well, but I think Bobby played a pivotal role in this respect.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dr bakes, bxorain, deadegad
dr bakes
Platinum Boarder
Dizzy ain't the word for the way you're makin me

#252849 1 year, 6 months ago
Bobby created his own approach that built the bridge between Jerry and Phil and Jerry even said Bob's playing gave him cues on when and how to solo.
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake their hand
The following user(s) said Thank You: bxorain
Strider1
Platinum Boarder
PMA - Positive Mental Attitude

#252873 1 year, 6 months ago
My guess/wish -

Red Rocks - Sept 20-22
Boise - Sept 24th
Edgefield - Sept 26-29
Las Vegas - October 1
Greek LA - October 4-6
Greek Berkeley - October 8-9

14 dates over 20 days. Might be a stretch but it could work.
Takin' it in stride!
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#252874 1 year, 6 months ago
I don't know where everyone got the certainty for the Berkeley appearance, but I am thinking that L.A. will be the tour closer.

BUT WAIT!

Did anyone think of November?!

Maybe this whole summer/fall thing will encompass dates from July through November.

East in July, west in Sept/Oct, midwest/south? in Nov.

6 or 7 dates in each run.
Last Edit: 1 year, 6 months ago by patchmyfurthur.
B-Rad
Gold Boarder

#252878 1 year, 6 months ago
Strider1 wrote:
My guess/wish -

Red Rocks - Sept 20-22
Boise - Sept 24th
Edgefield - Sept 26-29
Las Vegas - October 1
Greek LA - October 4-6
Greek Berkeley - October 8-9

14 dates over 20 days. Might be a stretch but it could work.

Huge stretch. Prolly more like 3-red rocks, 2- Oregon, 3-Berkeley, 1- Vegas, 3 LA

12 shows over two weeks.

But first east coast: 2- bethel, 2- Boston, 2- Brooklyn, 1- Philly, 2- MD, 2- NC/VA.

11 shows over two- three weeks with a break so Phil can play vibes.

Keep your eyes peeled tomorrow.
Last Edit: 1 year, 6 months ago by B-Rad.
Time to create page: 0.29 seconds