• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
MWoods
Junior Boarder

Re: Dear MWoods, sir

#25064 3 years, 2 months ago
MushroomMan wrote:
I'm not trying to just disagree with you to start an arguement or anything like that

Don't worry so much, man. See this is what I'm talking about! People on this board are so afraid of saying what they mean for fear of being scolded by the holier-than-thou crowd that they feel they have to preface every opinion they write with a statement like that.

I'm not going to argue with you MushroomMan. I'm am glad you love the band so much. Perhaps I have not been at the right shows. But as I have said many times now, I DO like Furthur and have almost always had a lot of fun at the shows I've seen. They just don't take me to that level that the GD did. But so what? My opinion is not the be-all and end-all or the final word on how good Furthur is. Unlike others around here I don't think my opinion is that important.

You know, my daughter likes Lady Gaga. I hear her singing along with her music sometimes and even though I don't care for it, she obviously find it to be transcendent. Great! To each their own. All that matters is that you get there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme, neverstop66
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#25081 3 years, 2 months ago
I actually always say stuff like that in person and everything if I think I might offend someone

I don't mind anything that goes on here on the boards, I just hope nothing kills the spirit of people wanting to meet up at shows like was being discussed on here a week or so ago...
The following user(s) said Thank You: DeadHead420
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#25084 3 years, 2 months ago
MushroomMan wrote:
I'm not trying to just disagree with you to start an arguement or anything like that but I just gotta mention 1 thing from my experiences at shows so far....

first off I never saw the Grateful Dead, I saw Furthur 18 times so far. I talk to a lot of people at shows though and I talk to a lot that have.... I have not met 1 person at a show who isn't very satisfied with what there doing - not saying those people arn't out there but from my perspective, I think most people at the shows love this band. I would say most of the ones that don't are probably young kids there for the party and not the music - which I have actually seen plenty of them, just havn't talked to any....

hey mush. I have had some awesome times at these furthur shows with kids half my age and who have never seen the GD. And they were getting it, you know? I've been amazed actually at how much they "get it". The atmosphere in Charleston was so energetic with all the college kids there, it was a great mix of people.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#25088 3 years, 2 months ago
oh yea don't get me wrong I see plenty of young people that do "get it" as well - I have seen quite a few that were just partying/talking amongst themselves during the music and stuff like that. I was just saying it seems more common with the younger ones..... But yes your right there is a great mix of people that enjoy themselves at these shows.
Time to create page: 0.77 seconds