• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

Dear MWoods, sir

#25033 3 years, 3 months ago
"MWoods wrote:
So congratulations, Furthur, on creating a positive place to be. Then again, what more could we expect from on over-priced no$talgia act."

I respectfully disagree with your summation of Furthur. They are not over priced. Tickets don't cost $8 anymore. You can't even go to the movies for $8 anymore. They are what i would consider to be mid priced. I've seen 9 Furthur shows and everyone of them was worth every cent I paid. I would've paid more. Nostalgia Act? I'll let the others chime in but if this is a nostalgia act, then I FUCKING LOVE NOSTALGIA ACTS! As far as creating a positive place to be? Ah, just a few people trying to have fun, another few that are a bunch of over reactors, and some that take everything way to seriously. It all works out in the end. But why the sudden outburst against a great band that is giving us heads exactly what we want? I've wondered, do they do it for the money, or do they do it for us? I like to think both. So maybe you should take a pill when it comes to hating on Furthur. Furthur is good shit my friend.
The following user(s) said Thank You: the highway terror, DeadHead420
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder
More negative karma please =-)

Re: Dear MWoods, sir

#25035 3 years, 3 months ago
Thats jus comical. Not even worth a lengthy reply. Just MWoodwhateverurnameis WHY are you on a furthur forum every day, and you have this opinion of the band???? Baffles me.

I LOVE FURTHUR. CAN I GET AN AMEN

I think Mwood is mad he missed his blink 182 concert. jus sayin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: neverstop66
MWoods
Junior Boarder

#25037 3 years, 3 months ago
My issue is more with the passive-aggressive people that hide behind a thin veil of "treat others with kindness and respect" while passing judgment on people like you two and captaintony for having a little fun. Personally I think you guys are the funnest people on this board.

As far as why i am here, I have been a fan of the Grateful Dead for 26 years. This is what's happening now. I go to shows with some of my friends and have fun. So I come on the site and see what the fans are saying. Most of them are bitching about people like you guys and it irks me to no end.
The following user(s) said Thank You: neverstop66, captaintony
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder

#25039 3 years, 3 months ago
Cool story dude
The following user(s) said Thank You: neverstop66, MWoods
MWoods
Junior Boarder

#25041 3 years, 3 months ago
Guess no is exempt from being judgmental here. Sorry Furthur doesn't do it for me.
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder

#25043 3 years, 3 months ago
MWoods wrote:
Guess no is exempt from being judgmental here. Sorry Furthur doesn't do it for me.

Noones gonna hate on someone for being judgmental of a band....but this IS the Furthur Forum..... Thats like me goin on to the britney spears forum and telling everyone that britney is a whorebeast. Except britney should die, and Furthur is amazing.

Embrace NEGATIVITY to achieve POSITIVITY tmDH4202011
MWoods
Junior Boarder

#25045 3 years, 3 months ago
I said I have fun at the shows. They play GD music pretty well. But to say that they are "amazing" is a stretch in my opinion. I think the vast majority of people who think Furthur is amazing never saw the Grateful Dead.

I'll give you an example. I recently read a post where someone was talking about Furthur's performance of "China Doll" in Manchester, NH this past year. They said that they it was incredible and thought that they may have seen tears streaming down JK's face. Well I was at that show and if there were tears it's probably bc he flubbed the lyrics so bad during the first verse that they had to start the song over! Amazing? That's funny.
MWoods
Junior Boarder

#25049 3 years, 3 months ago
But I will lay off on the Furthur hating. I'm glad u r having so much fun with them. They just leave me feeling a little, well, nostalgic.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#25055 3 years, 3 months ago
I'm not trying to just disagree with you to start an arguement or anything like that but I just gotta mention 1 thing from my experiences at shows so far....

first off I never saw the Grateful Dead, I saw Furthur 18 times so far. I talk to a lot of people at shows though and I talk to a lot that have.... I have not met 1 person at a show who isn't very satisfied with what there doing - not saying those people arn't out there but from my perspective, I think most people at the shows love this band. I would say most of the ones that don't are probably young kids there for the party and not the music - which I have actually seen plenty of them, just havn't talked to any....
Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by MushroomMan.
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#25058 3 years, 3 months ago
Hey thanks for the kind words first of all. I need a boost every now and then. And yes, I couldn't agree with you more about some of the" idealists" here. They will eventually be drown out the longer the board goes. They can sit back and smite for now, but it wont be long. They are just a vocal minority, just like any special interest group. Now about this furthur business. I started seeing dead shows in 81. There will never be another GD. Jerry was magical. But, big but, Furthur has been tearing it up. I have indulged in a few mind altering substances at some shows and have experienced similar musical experiences as I did in the 80's. I have also just drank a little and still felt that feeling. Its all what you make of your experience. And lastly, it is still all about the music, everything else is secondary. Every show I am just thankful that we can still be grooving to this unique sound in the year 2011.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MWoods
Time to create page: 2.58 seconds