• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

Re: I LOVE PHIL LESH

#250512 1 year, 5 months ago
Gratefullyjohn wrote:
^^ I know what you mean man, Jeff matson, Dave Hebert, and stu Allen are great as well. It's all about playing the sheet music and playing those ever so miraculous scales. Know what I mean?

I might be in the minority but I think Mattson is da man.

And yes I do know what you mean
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gratefullyjohn
direwolflove222
Senior Boarder
Its an obsession but its pleasing

#250525 1 year, 5 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
Gratefullyjohn wrote:
^^ I know what you mean man, Jeff matson, Dave Hebert, and stu Allen are great as well. It's all about playing the sheet music and playing those ever so miraculous scales. Know what I mean?

I might be in the minority but I think Mattson is da man.

And yes I do know what you mean

I agree fellas! Last time I saw Jeff, he did a real nasty Peggy-o!! He can really jam some Jerry Band too
eight-sided whispering hallelujah hat rack
Last Edit: 1 year, 5 months ago by direwolflove222.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gratefullyjohn
Gratefullyjohn
Junior Boarder
Let it ride, let it roll... LET IT ROLL

#250527 1 year, 5 months ago
Heck yes man last time I heard Peggy-O by Jeff is what actually added that song to my long long long list of faves. I love when John does Doin That Rag, and Alligator, those are my faves by him, at this moment. Dave Hebert really nails all the JGB stuff too, Ruben and Cherise, that's what love will make you do, cats down under stars, sisters and brothers. I love Ruben sung by John as well!
Broken heart don't feel so bad, you ain't got half of what you thought you had
Last Edit: 1 year, 5 months ago by Gratefullyjohn.
stricken
Gold Boarder

#250532 1 year, 5 months ago
philisgod wrote:
Who said I was trying to be classy....

This whack-job believes Phil Lesh to not be one of the top ten bass players. Hahaaa....puhleez!!!

Here is a few names that you may or may not know since of course you cant see or hear much with your head positioned where its at.
John paul jones
geddy lee
jhon entwistle
flea
paul mccartney
les claypool
roger waters
james jamerson Mowtowns house bass player
geezer butler sabbath
john taylor duran duran
steve harris iron maiden
john myung dream theatre
lemmy motorhead
duff mckagan guns roses
aston barrett bob marley band
pino palladino gilmour,gabriel,collins replaced entwhistle
verdine white earth wind fire

Just to name a couple
Phil is a damn good bass plater as this is more about you knowing nothing about the bass or people who play the bass
The following user(s) said Thank You: Strider1
B-Rad
Gold Boarder

#250543 1 year, 5 months ago
JK's improvisational jams are nothing like Jerry's. You keep saying it is all about sheet music and scales but this just shows you know nothing about improvisational music. If it were that easy there would be more Jerry's. And JK's.
philisgod
Junior Boarder

#250544 1 year, 5 months ago
Yes...and Phil is better than all of them!!!

And don't everyone get their panties in a bunch....I called the guy a fucktard. Way less offensive as calling someone a fucking fagot, or saying they like to fuck little boys...give me a break. But point taken all the same.

I didn't bash bob one time in this thread....saying I believe his playing is a snoozfest is far from bashing the guy.

And Kevin....my attitude is not in question. I don't come here for validation, I come here because I get board at work and waste a bit of time. I have zero obsession with Bob Weir, but do get a kick at how defensive folks get if you criticize in any way, shape or form. So please, get the fuck off that high horse of yours. I'm beginning to question your attitude and obsession with me.

So with this....I leave this thread. I like my PhilZone so much better. At least most folks there are real, and not some contrives persona's.

You all can have your Furthur....I'll take my PL&F any day of the week.

Now go sprinkle some ass glitter and fart rainbows.

Fuckin Fluffers. Lol
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#250547 1 year, 5 months ago
Fucktard is pretty offensive dude. Especially if you know people with down syndrome.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: B-Rad
philisgod
Junior Boarder

#250552 1 year, 5 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
Fucktard is pretty offensive dude. Especially if you know people with down syndrome.

Ok one last post...

I did say point taken Denver Man.

My apologies if I offended anyone with the term. That was not my intent.

Later...
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#250554 1 year, 5 months ago
B-Rad wrote:
Gratefullyjohn wrote:

And honestly John k will copy note for note what Jerry played so I have technically seen Jerry live his actual living presence is not there but he is def on stage in spirit. The guitar playing is the guitar playing! I don't see why people don't get that. You can take any musician and use sheet music and do exactly what they did but you have to be good at it and John is that's why they have him play cause he is a Jerry clone with a different tone in guitar and voice it's as simple as that.

Again you show that you have no idea what you are talking about. JK plays nothing like Jerry did.

Nothing like Jerry? I'd take issue with that considering DSO is a Dead cover band. Not that there's anything wrong with playing like Jerry (hardly), but he definitely has applied some of Jerry's technique to his own.
stricken
Gold Boarder

#250555 1 year, 5 months ago
Go on home your mama's calling you.

Hide in your zone its safe from reality.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kevin
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds