• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
direwolflove222
Senior Boarder
Its an obsession but its pleasing

Re: I LOVE PHIL LESH

#250452 1 year, 3 months ago
Gratefullyjohn wrote:
Phil leads an orchestra of musicians, it isn't your regular rock n roll band. The Grateful Dead is an orchestra as well. Six instruments, and all the different singers to make the harmonies happen. Look into it!!

Lord you can see that its true!
eight-sided whispering hallelujah hat rack
philisgod
Junior Boarder

#250462 1 year, 3 months ago
Who said I was trying to be classy....

This whack-job believes Phil Lesh to not be one of the top ten bass players. Hahaaa....puhleez!!!
B-Rad
Gold Boarder

#250463 1 year, 3 months ago
Gratefullyjohn wrote:

And honestly John k will copy note for note what Jerry played so I have technically seen Jerry live his actual living presence is not there but he is def on stage in spirit. The guitar playing is the guitar playing! I don't see why people don't get that. You can take any musician and use sheet music and do exactly what they did but you have to be good at it and John is that's why they have him play cause he is a Jerry clone with a different tone in guitar and voice it's as simple as that.

Again you show that you have no idea what you are talking about. JK plays nothing like Jerry did.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bxorain
bxorain
Senior Boarder

#250464 1 year, 3 months ago
philisgod wrote:
Ya, they dont like opinions here.

Thats why they fucking hate me....because I actually say whats on my mind.

Peace...I'm outy.

>>>It gives orgasms to your ear vagina.<<<

lol....best fucking thing I have ever read in this place.

Has nothing to do with not liking opinions on this board...everyone welcomes them. What people get tired of is the silly use of obscenities and the same old critisms towards Bob...everyone's heard it over and over dude, it's starting to grow hair
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#250466 1 year, 3 months ago
philisgod wrote:
Who said I was trying to be classy....

This whack-job believes Phil Lesh to not be one of the top ten bass players. Hahaaa....puhleez!!!

for someone who criticizes everyone for calling him names, when he comes on here looking for that.... you sure did a lot of name calling so far in this thread

and you always say something like "I never call anyone names, just state my opinion and everyone on here has no better come back then to resort to name calling" .... the same thing it seems you've resorted to

not that I care what you say, just thought I'd point that out
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#250487 1 year, 3 months ago
philisgod wrote:
Yes thank you for pointing that out.

So let me rephrase...

I couldn't care less about your opinion....fucktard.

The fucktard is my little addition and gift to you.

Sweet dreams fucktard...lol

Hey PIG,

the above post is why I question your attitude

(and your obsession with Bob Weir)

-- smell every flower --
Gratefullyjohn
Junior Boarder
Let it ride, let it roll... LET IT ROLL

#250488 1 year, 3 months ago
John sounds nothing like Jerry? Hahahahahaha have you not heard him!?!?!? He spent his whole life trying to play just like him. I said his tone is different but it is similar. How can you say he doesn't play like Jerry!?!? Same scales and everything creating those miraculous solos. Gtfo
Broken heart don't feel so bad, you ain't got half of what you thought you had
The following user(s) said Thank You: kevin
Gratefullyjohn
Junior Boarder

#250491 1 year, 3 months ago
His voice is different, he doesn't use the same emotion as jerry. He plays the same scales Jerry did in every song, how else do you recreate grateful dead master pieces? Your opinion doesn't matter cause apparently you don't know how music works, using sheet music etc to recreate same as Jerry. Just different guitar tone, like I said.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#250495 1 year, 3 months ago
I think Steve Kimock is the only one I have heard who "plays just like Jerry". And I can't even say "just" like, those are big shoes to fill. "Most" like...
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
Gratefullyjohn
Junior Boarder

#250496 1 year, 3 months ago
^^ I know what you mean man, Jeff matson, Dave Hebert, and stu Allen are great as well. It's all about playing the sheet music and playing those ever so miraculous scales. Know what I mean?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man
Time to create page: 0.46 seconds