• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Gratefullyjohn
Junior Boarder
Let it ride, let it roll... LET IT ROLL

Re: I LOVE PHIL LESH

#250384 1 year, 5 months ago
If you read my post correctly I said every one was responsible, obviously you need the whole band to make it work and Phil wouldn't even sound as good without that band, I'm giving him the "composition" credit, it's obvious because he is a composer so he wrote music. Of course the dead wouldn't be te dead without all parts, I know what Jerry has done he is amazing and yeah me not having seen may leave me "unqualified" but I have listened to thousands upon thousands of hours of the grateful dead I have heard almost all shows on archive, and on CD etc etc believe me, I know the power of Jerry Garcia, I wasn't demeaning him or the rest of the band I LOVE the grateful dead more than I LOVE Phil. I was expressing my love for the Phil of this day, and how his classical music composition skills is what made the dead come together so well if not it would've been a regular old rock n roll band or blue grass or whatever. I'm sure you can see where I'm coming from. It's fact. Who else in the band was a composer? When songs go from scarlet>fire>estimated>eyes for example it is no longer a song it is a composition. Jerry, hunter, and bob and Barlow held it down with the song writing. They are all just as responsible for the success, but what I'm saying is for taking you places and leading that jam it's Phil seriously you need that bass it's fact! Read my post more clearly before flaming me for over liking Phil.

And the Q was Phil and friends? The other ones of 98 were good, the dead sucked cause billy and Mickey were a drag to the music, other ones 98 also didnt have billy. 7 walkers is GREAT and so is the Mickey hart band, but they in no way shape or form compare to that of the musical stylings of Mr. Phil Lesh. Sorry I have offended any of you's. I love Jerry just as much as the next guy but he is long gone an Phil is the man of today, that's all I was saying. And my point was the the jam master has always been Phil, he scripts the music so the songs come together. I wasn't giving him all the credit, sorry about the misinterpretation. And ratdog is pretty good as well they bring the funk. I was saying Phil has had the best post GD band(s) including furthur. It's only my opinion.
Broken heart don't feel so bad, you ain't got half of what you thought you had
Last Edit: 1 year, 5 months ago by Gratefullyjohn.
philisgod
Junior Boarder

#250386 1 year, 5 months ago
Dont apologize to these Fluffers dude.

You are 100% on the money....and this "Qualify" bullshit is just that.

Enjoy your Phil....you're on the right track.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gratefullyjohn
Gratefullyjohn
Junior Boarder

#250387 1 year, 5 months ago
Haha you're right, not my fault they misinterpreted me. They clearly misread my post. I can hear the music, and Phil is the man. Bob, and Jerry, especially Jerry, make it sound pretty. The keyboard players as well. And I said the rhythm section held it down, that means the drummers as well as bob, cause bob is keeping count with his rhythm playing if you didn't know, and same with those keys. Phil and Jerry are the ones playing and soloing at will

I also hate the fact people think cause I'm so young Idk what I'm talking about. Believe me you would be surprised. If I could be on tour all year long I would in a heart beat. I know all eras of the dead including all post dead bands. But it is all my opinions whatever I may Say. I'm in no way close minded, or giving Phil ALL the credit. But you's are def underrating him,
And I happen to play in an improv band brother b-rad, and playing like Phil has people looking at me in awe calling me a genius etc, not trying to sound conceited but that's how far the power of Phil's playing goes. It gives orgasms to your ear vagina.
Last Edit: 1 year, 5 months ago by Gratefullyjohn.
philisgod
Junior Boarder

#250388 1 year, 5 months ago
Ya, they dont like opinions here.

Thats why they fucking hate me....because I actually say whats on my mind.

Peace...I'm outy.

>>>It gives orgasms to your ear vagina.<<<

lol....best fucking thing I have ever read in this place.
Last Edit: 1 year, 5 months ago by philisgod.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gratefullyjohn
direwolflove222
Senior Boarder
Its an obsession but its pleasing

#250390 1 year, 5 months ago
I am a real Phil nut. But love it all I will go see almost any cast of musicians as long Phil or Bob are involved. So much can be said about Phil. The GD were all such unique musicians, Bob too. Bobby plays some really incredible guitar, very unique. The only thing I cant stand about Bob is at about 1 out of every 4 shows he will have a his guitar turned WAYYY up and it makes it hard to hear anything else. Im sure he lost his hearing a long time ago though.
eight-sided whispering hallelujah hat rack
Last Edit: 1 year, 5 months ago by direwolflove222.
Gratefullyjohn
Junior Boarder

#250394 1 year, 5 months ago
philisgod wrote:
Ya, they dont like opinions here.

Thats why they fucking hate me....because I actually say whats on my mind.

Peace...I'm outy.

>>>It gives orgasms to your ear vagina.<<<

lol....best fucking thing I have ever read in this place.

Hahaha I didn't wanna use my more common line as it is more derogatory and that is that it "f**ks your ear pu**y"
Gratefullyjohn
Junior Boarder

#250396 1 year, 5 months ago
direwolflove222 wrote:
I am a real Phil nut. But love it all I will go see almost any cast of musicians as long Phil or Bob are involved. So much can be said about Phil. The GD were all such unique musicians, Bob too. Bobby plays some really incredible guitar, very unique. The only thing I cant stand about Bob is at about 1 out of every 4 shows he will have a his guitar turned WAYYY up and it makes it hard to hear anything else. Im sure he lost his hearing a long time ago though.

True some of his tones go right thru you but I still love it, bobby with them phasers. It's like space and time or something like that I can't describe it lol
direwolflove222
Senior Boarder

#250402 1 year, 5 months ago
^^^ I still love it too, but sometimes it is a little over the top.... Broomfield Saturday night for example. I brought two friends... Both never seen Furthur and one of them never seen anything at all since Jerry... They both loved the show, it was sick but both were a little annoyed with Bobs guitar being SO LOUD. There were times for me during the first set when it was hard to get past it. I love my music loud, but when one guy is way louder than the other players it is harder to groove. Thats just Bob the rockstar though
Last Edit: 1 year, 5 months ago by direwolflove222.
direwolflove222
Senior Boarder

#250403 1 year, 5 months ago
^^^ I still love it too, but sometimes it is a little over the top.... Broomfield Saturday night for example. I brought two friends... Both never seen Furthur and one of them never seen anything at all since Jerry... They both loved the show, it was sick but both were a little annoyed with Bobs guitar being SO LOUD. There were times for me during the first set when it was hard to get past it. I love my music loud, but when one guy is way louder than the other players it is harder to groove. Thats just Bob the rockstar though
Gratefullyjohn
Junior Boarder

#250407 1 year, 5 months ago
Def man I remember the first night of MCU, the greatest story ever told, jack straw, and some others he was LOUD, I thought it was the roses but he was loud. I also thought it was the roses when they drug out the chorus to fire on the mountain but no it actually was that slow, still great tho I love every minute of it
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds