• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Gratefullyjohn
Junior Boarder
Let it ride, let it roll... LET IT ROLL

I LOVE PHIL LESH

#250253 1 year, 6 months ago
Not in a queer way, but seriously I love Phil. His playing, his voice. There's just something about him. I can't really explain it or describe it. The man has inspired me to become a damn good bassist. His shows are so frickin amazing its hard to believe I'm actually there in the moment at times. Anyone else feel this way? Seriously Phil is the man! The jam king and jam master! I have yet to listen or see a performance as good as any performance that involves Mr. Lesh. At first I was all about bobby, still kinda am, but that Phil! Oh boy! I will make sure I'm right in front of him the whole spring run. I will probably take a heart attack but it's cool it'll be worth every minute of it.

P.S. I never seen Jerry sadly, it upsets me some times when I think deep into it, but Phil has me hooked! As I assume Jerry did for all the elder heads. Jerry is what got me Into the dead, bobby got me to the shows, and Phil is responsible for me keep coming back and going on this whole run the music is TOO good.
Broken heart don't feel so bad, you ain't got half of what you thought you had
Last Edit: 1 year, 6 months ago by Gratefullyjohn.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

Re: I LOVE PHIL LESH

#250255 1 year, 6 months ago
Phil is all about exploring parts unknown. How can you not love that?
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue, mcolleen
Gratefullyjohn
Junior Boarder

#250257 1 year, 6 months ago
EXACTLY! Phil is the supreme grand master of all jamming!
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#250259 1 year, 6 months ago
"jerry was my drug, and i was hooked solid"-phil lesh
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Equinox
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#250260 1 year, 6 months ago
Gratefullyjohn wrote:
EXACTLY! Phil is the supreme grand master of all jamming!

Well, those guys pretty much invented the genre.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Gratefullyjohn
Junior Boarder

#250267 1 year, 6 months ago
Oh I know, I truly believe Phil is responsible for it all though due to his background in composing and his classical training. Jerry played a mean guitar though obviously but the perfection of the composition I believe is due to what Phil knew from going to school. Hence why Phil and Friends has been the only legit post GD band aside from furthur, which obviously Phil is in.
Of course Jerry made it happen but it wouldn't be the same without that rhythm section holding it down, Phil keeps you groovin. Jerry keeps you in awe, John K does that for me nowadays but Phil is why I go gaga

"Phil is my drug, and I was hooked solid" - Gratefully John
Gratefullyjohn
Junior Boarder

#250268 1 year, 6 months ago
It doesn't get any better than the Phil zone. Mind expansion at its finest. And Jerry obviously is the man as well they all are just for me my guy is Phil. That's why I picked up a bass instead of a guitar. I'm only real good though when I'm playing with someone who sounds like Jerry, or I jam along with the grateful dead, furthur, and p&f. I can't get Into playing anything other than the grateful dead because it doesn't call for Phil's style. Too slow, or not enough movement of fingers. I love dancing up and down that fretboard as Phil does, making music that moves the mind and shakes the body.
philisgod
Junior Boarder

#250289 1 year, 6 months ago
I agree whole-heartedly!!

Phil is a monster....an absolute beast!

Bob....well, I wont say anuthing negative (its my new thing. )...but we just doesnt take you anywhere. And his take on the songs anymore just doesnt suite my taste. But it seems Phil is getting younger music-minded that is. He a friggin genious....a true meistro!!

Phil taps into that place inside me, like no one else can....and plays that modulus like a lead guitar.

The absolute best....

Cant wait for the Rambles in a week....I'll be there!!
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#250307 1 year, 6 months ago
Gratefullyjohn wrote:
Oh I know, I truly believe Phil is responsible for it all though due to his background in composing and his classical training. Jerry played a mean guitar though obviously but the perfection of the composition I believe is due to what Phil knew from going to school. Hence why Phil and Friends has been the only legit post GD band aside from furthur, which obviously Phil is in.
Of course Jerry made it happen but it wouldn't be the same without that rhythm section holding it down, Phil keeps you groovin. Jerry keeps you in awe, John K does that for me nowadays but Phil is why I go gaga

"Phil is my drug, and I was hooked solid" - Gratefully John

The only legit band since the GD is Phil and friends? Dont let 7 walkers hear you say that or Mickey for that matter, he'd probably slap you out of frustration . What about Ratdog, The Q, The Other Ones? And if you want to throw in Bruce Hornsby and the Noisemakers. Not to mention John K is fucking awesome but sadly he is no Garcia. It's nice there is some fresh blood at the party but the story is more open ended than "only and legit."
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#250308 1 year, 6 months ago
Oh yeah and what about The Dead
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds