• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

Re: Favorite Foods

#250849 1 year ago
ZenoMarx wrote:
I make cinnamon/honey toast. Try not to eat it too often, though. I eat a lot of PB&honey sandwiches. I've longtime wondered about starting a gourmet peanut butter sandwich truck. whoops...shouldn't let that out into the universe. almond butter. cashew butter. cocoa peanut butter. salted. unsalted. organic. honey roasted. crushed tortilla chips. bacon (not for me). I cannot be the only adult who loves a hearty PB sandwich for lunch.

should have listed peanut butter sandwich with a side pickle in my original list of favorite foods.

You had me right up until you mentioned the pickle and then I was like yuck.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#250850 1 year ago
Ossumpei wrote:
Unless you don't like dill pickles, period. I find sweet pickles to be edible abominations. Next time you have a PB&J, take a bite of a dill pickle with a bite of sandwich. It's a great sweet/salt and texture marriage.

*and not one of those cooked, darker green limp noodles of a pickle. I'm talking white meat, crisp, cold-cured dill pickles.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?

It's dead and over when close enough is good enough.
Last Edit: 1 year ago by ZenoMarx.
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#250852 1 year ago
ZenoMarx wrote:
Ossumpei wrote:
Unless you don't like dill pickles, period. I find sweet pickles to be edible abominations. Next time you have a PB&J, take a bite of a dill pickle with a bite of sandwich. It's a great sweet/salt and texture marriage.

*and not one of those cooked, darker green limp noodles of a pickle. I'm talking white meat, crisp, cold-cured dill pickles.

I will definitely try that. I like the vlassic kosher dill halfs. That sounds like the type you're talking about.

Sorry if I sounded judge mental. I've said part of the food threads I start is to find new things for myself to try.

Thanks for suggesting it.

I've got some raspberry preserves and natural peanut butter that should do ok I guess.
Griff
Expert Boarder
Don't you see........

#251178 1 year ago
ZenoMarx wrote:
I make cinnamon/honey toast. Try not to eat it too often, though. I eat a lot of PB&honey sandwiches. I've longtime wondered about starting a gourmet peanut butter sandwich truck. whoops...shouldn't let that out into the universe. almond butter. cashew butter. cocoa peanut butter. salted. unsalted. organic. honey roasted. crushed tortilla chips. bacon (not for me). I cannot be the only adult who loves a hearty PB sandwich for lunch.

should have listed peanut butter sandwich with a side pickle in my original list of favorite foods.

One of those exists.......a gourmet PB&J shop. It was in CO Springs, CO. Stumbled across it last January on a client meeting. Really cool!!!!! Great idea. My step son lives on PB & Cinnamon.
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#251185 1 year ago
Oh, darnit. iI had PBJ for lunch today and forget the pickle.

Well there's always tomorrow I guess.

I will try it, I promise.
St.Stephenhead
Gold Boarder
Empty bottles that can't be filled

#261007 10 months, 3 weeks ago
Bump for some BBQ Pulled Pork <3
Time there was and plenty, but from that cup no more
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#261013 10 months, 3 weeks ago
For the record, I did try the PBJ with a pickle.

It wasn't something I would do all the time, but it was not nearly as bad as you might think.

Something you might be making in the near future Tyler...
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#261018 10 months, 3 weeks ago
t-bone made some pulled pork when he stayed here for the NYE run, well, his lady did
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
St.Stephenhead
Gold Boarder
Empty bottles that can't be filled

#261022 10 months, 3 weeks ago
wlewis wrote:
t-bone made some pulled pork when he stayed here for the NYE run, well, his lady did

hahahaha T-bone has some cooking skills let me tell ya ....

Bill -- We tried a new recipe we found online and was very simple Cook the pork in Dr. Pepper or Root Beer no lie Taste like heaven on a bun
Time there was and plenty, but from that cup no more
ratdog2112
Platinum Boarder
Men never remember, but Women never forget

#261026 10 months, 3 weeks ago
Love food cooked in a tagine or 7 spiced halibut wrapped in banana leaf then grilled and served with coconut rice.
"What I like best about music is when time goes away."
Time to create page: 0.46 seconds