• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Wheelman
Gold Boarder

Re: Favorite Foods

#250423 1 year, 6 months ago
it used to be Sushi

but now with the Oceans poisoned by Fukushima....

I'm goin' back to human flesh...
(“I don’t suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.” )
alilfurther
Platinum Boarder

#250425 1 year, 6 months ago
I ALMOST FORGOT!!!!

lobster tons with tons of butter mmmmmmmm:)
Let It SHIIIINE !!!!!!!!!!
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#250429 1 year, 6 months ago
Gratefullyjohn wrote:
Speaking of favorite foods my Italian grandmother has prepared some lovely meatballs and gravy today. (Gravy meaning her tomato sauce, that's what these Italians say over here in Brooklyn)

Mmmm, now that sounds good. I love that old world cooking.

And yes Michelle, lobster with tons of butter. Much better than crab legs-to much work.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#250528 1 year, 6 months ago
I worked maintenance a long time ago at an outdoor sprawl with persimmon trees everywhere. I'd never seen one, let alone eaten one. My boss grabbed one off the ground and had it running down his beard. Bad news. I'd OD on them every day. I'm a fruit junky, and the last thing I needed was eating pounds of free, fantastic fruit. The sugar drops could be brutal. My goodness are those things good. Fast-forward to a couple months ago and a new grocery store in town. First time I'd seen a persimmon in a store. $.99 each!?! Broke my heart. Bought a couple, but not eating them by the handfuls, one after the other was a real bummer.

I've known a couple people who NEVER ate vegetables. Seriously, potato chips was the closest they'd get. They'd even order hamburgers without ketsup. I don't know how they stayed alive. But then I met someone who would get nauseous at even the smell of citrus. They had a great sniffer, too. They knew when someone had orange juice, and it would make them sick. The only thing I could think of was "how could anyone have a relationship with them?" To give up citrus? As funny as it sounds, that is a deal breaker right there. I'd have to give it some thought, but I'm pretty sure I've never had a fruit I didn't love and couldn't eat until I was sick.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#250538 1 year, 6 months ago
Fruit seems like it would be high on most peoples list. Personally I love a good bosc pear, fresh banana, blueberry's in my cereal, ice gold watermelon in the summer. Not to keen on citrus either, apples for some odd reason.

Gotta try persimmons when I can, they sound great. Finding new foods is part of why I start these threads.

I have to say, I like the occasional potato, especially french fried. But to say its one of my favorite foods...well not so much. I guess they're alright and everything.

Split pea soup, ham hock and all, wayyy down on the list, even if I smother it with potato's.
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#250541 1 year, 6 months ago
Turkey, stuffed with pork chops and basted in Kool aid

This was JJ from Good Times favorite
Last Edit: 1 year, 6 months ago by AcidTestGraduate.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kevin
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#250549 1 year, 6 months ago
WAIT, you want me to PICK favorite foods ???

That is waaaaaaayyyy too broad of a category, but my favorite food is anything well prepared, quality and well-planned preparation are really the key ingredients to all of my favorite foods.

If I had to choose, My favorite meal is the Cattleman's Cut from Andy Perugino's restaurant in Luzerne PA, 30 minutes from home.

A 22 oz cut of prime rib that is like heaven on your taste buds, order it well unless you really like a bloody steak. Also the baked potatoes are the size of your forearm and a side of mineste (fresh spinach and chi-chi beans sauteed in olive oil, old Italian recipe that I have never found better quality at any other restaurant that serves it)

It's so good I only go there a few times a year to savor it's majesty, and thank you Ossumpei because you have inspired me to go tonight
-- smell every flower --
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#250551 1 year, 6 months ago
You're welcome, and I do hope you enjoy.

Please check the rest of the thread for side and desert suggestions.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kevin
alilfurther
Platinum Boarder

#250561 1 year, 6 months ago
we need another chili recipe play by play !!!!!
Let It SHIIIINE !!!!!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ossumpei, SunshineSue
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#250564 1 year, 6 months ago
Ossumpei wrote:
Fruit seems like it would be high on most peoples list. Personally I love a good bosc pear, fresh banana, blueberry's in my cereal, ice gold watermelon in the summer. Not to keen on citrus either, apples for some odd reason.

Gotta try persimmons when I can, they sound great. Finding new foods is part of why I start these threads.

Speaking of pears, keep an eye out in Aug/Sept for Comice Pears from Oregon. They used to only be available from Harry & David, but for the last couple of years they've been available, for a short season, in Whole Foods and Kroger's. They are the sweetest, juiciest, most delectable pieces of fruit heaven you'll ever try!!

And Kevin, you've got me thinking prime rib and potatoes now, but I'll take mine rare!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ossumpei, kevin
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds