• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

Re: Favorite Foods

#250134 1 year, 5 months ago
#1 dolmades + falafel + pita + tabouli + hummus - Mediterranean food
#2 Pad Thai - Thai food
#3 Vietnamese food
#4 chocolate - and I'm kind of a snob about it. It's amazing how tasteless and waxy cheap chocolate is now. I can remember when a Cadbury Carmello was a high grade chocolate for 40cents. Same for all common candy bars. Like with the 13.5oz pound, they double up the fillers and salt. And for not that much more, you can have a Lindt bar.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
alilfurther
Platinum Boarder

#250150 1 year, 5 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
Hmm, my first thought is everything I didn't list under the foods you hate thread!

I'm a foodie, there's not much I don't like. But cheese is probably top of the list, especially really good, artisanal cheeses, like Pleasant Ridge Reserve from happy Wisconsin cows and Rogue River Blue, which is wrapped in grape leaves, then soaked in pear brandy before aging. It's amazing! As much as I love ice cream (especially rocky road or coconut), given a choice I'll take a good piece of cheese over sweets 90% of the time.

Beyond that, I love most medium-spicy Thai or Mexican, rare prime rib or steak, and just about anything that comes from the sea, especially lobster and crab.

And I love my own herb-roasted chicken and veggies and my lasagna, which I've spent a long time perfecting. Cooking for friends and family is an act of love for me. Anyone want to come over for dinner?!

Me too every week mike has band practice and I cook for the guys 2 are bachelors so a real home cooked meal is soooo appreciated plus I am pretty good at it for sun easter practice I made mashed potatoes gravy asparagus and ham glazed with apricot preserves clove and honey .they LOVE me ahahaahha
Let It SHIIIINE !!!!!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
gvanman
Platinum Boarder

#250151 1 year, 5 months ago
Chocolate Lucky Charms. They are magically delicious!
Gratefullyjohn
Junior Boarder
Let it ride, let it roll... LET IT ROLL

#250154 1 year, 5 months ago
Whenever I get home from a show, this is like 1,2am, I will grab a cheesesteak from this 24 hour deli in Williamsburg Brooklyn, the best! Especially after them fricken shows cause my taste buds could taste better for some reason
Broken heart don't feel so bad, you ain't got half of what you thought you had
LBDowling
Expert Boarder
We must become ourselves before someone else does

#250162 1 year, 5 months ago
Love really great Indian food... And can't forget the naan, paratha, samosas, etc. Thai food, interesting sushi rolls, fish- particularly
Lobster, shrimp, shellfish. Pizza from Lombardi's(in NYC) Really good chocolate... Cheesecake & pecan pie. Things that my family always want me to make- buttercrunch & chocolate dipped macaroons, cinnamon rolls & homemade pretzels. Oh and I love salads with nuts, cranberries & goat cheese. #1 lot food- Louie's felafel & Jerry rolls.
Someday, everything's gonna be diff'rent... when I paint my masterpiece
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#250173 1 year, 5 months ago
Some interesting replies.

Lobster is one of my fav's when I get the chance, which is not to often.

Ted Drewes apple pie sundae may be my atf. Em would like it because its smothered in caramel.

Wings, bacon, sushi, pasta, Mexican because its generally healthy, chocolate, etc.

I like most all foods listed here. we all probably do.

I've been good about my diet lately, for a few months.

But it may be shaky for a while now.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: FurthurFlower67
Chester
More or less in line

#250178 1 year, 5 months ago
Of course, lobster. Maine lobster! Have you ever had fried lobster? Oh man.

And yes, potato's with everything. I could have potato's for breakfast lunch and dinner.

Roast turkey and sweet potato's. Fresh corn on the cob. Blueberry cobbler.

Oh yeah. Must be dinner time.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Griff
Expert Boarder
Don't you see........

#250179 1 year, 5 months ago
Pasta and red sauce is #1.......I am Italian. Great Gma came from Italy in 1890, and still the best I have ever had was Grandma.

Steak and potatoes.

Pizza. Could be considered Italian but I think it's a category unto itself.

Chocalate.

Perfectly ripe fruit, especially nectarines and peaches.

Could probably be happy the rest of my life with just the above.

And bacon of course.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#250182 1 year, 5 months ago
Yep, bacon and potatoes both have to be on the list. And eating a perfectly ripe peach, right over the sink with the juice running down, is one of life's great pleasures!!
skidoo
Gold Boarder
skidoo, skidoo.....ski-doo doo doodlie doo doo doo

#250187 1 year, 5 months ago
Hebrew Nationals....the Dinner Frank. with 2 strips bacon wrapped around it like snakes. Caduceus-like. nestled lovingly in a bun.
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds