• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Griff
Expert Boarder
Don't you see........

Re: the longest...tour vets please

#250001 1 year, 4 months ago
^^^^^^ That's just not fair...............
gr8ful bruin
Senior Boarder
Mr. Charlie

#250007 1 year, 3 months ago
I saw the last 14 JGB shows and the last 32 west cost dead shows.
Go to Terrapin, no really go to TERRAPIN
The following user(s) said Thank You: AcidTestGraduate
BillyDeLion
Junior Boarder

#250013 1 year, 3 months ago
The most shows I saw on a tour or in a row was 6. I did this a few times.
First time was Fall 82
Capitol Center, MD
Portland, ME
Boston Garden
MSG 2 nights
New Haven CT

I also saw 6 nights on a tour/ in a row a few times at MSG, definitely the Sept 90 run, and also I think 2 other times at MSG, definitely saw 6 nights out of the nine night run they did there. It was pretty exhausting.

It's all a blur now, well not completely but mostly,. Looking back, I saw most of the shows they played at MSG between 3-10-81 and the end, but missed the Fall 83 shows.
These are the good old days!!
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

#250015 1 year, 3 months ago
Does it count if you went to the show but didn't get in? In '83 I went to 19 consecutive shows, but got shut out of 3 of them. That was my best year for number of shows total, 42, plus 8 more west coast shows in early '84. Interpreting the parameters of your question strictly, my consecutive total is 6. When I first went on tour I met a lot of hardcore 70's heads that were absolutely on tour every tour and hit every show, barring any misfortunes of the road which might might occur, causing them to have to catch up with tour later on. They were dedicated. The west coast shows quickly became good enough for me as it seemed like the scene on tour back east was already over full.
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

#250017 1 year, 3 months ago
The run in 1990 was terribly exhausting.
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

#250060 1 year, 3 months ago
rippleish20 wrote:
Griff wrote:
The 80s were great (started in '81) but I like talking to the vets that were there in the 70s. Like seeing the wall of sound, now that would have been cool.

My first Dead show was Englishtown 77. I loved the 80s but would gladly have given them to if I coud have seen shows in 72,73,77 range. I still consider Englishtown the best show I made it to...

mmmm Englishtown, how I wish I could say I had been there. On of my all time favorite shows to listen to especially half step, LLR, and the best Peggy o there is.
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#250064 1 year, 3 months ago
Daisy Mae wrote:
Does it count if you went to the show but didn't get in? In '83 I went to 19 consecutive shows, but got shut out of 3 of them. That was my best year for number of shows total, 42, plus 8 more west coast shows in early '84. Interpreting the parameters of your question strictly, my consecutive total is 6. When I first went on tour I met a lot of hardcore 70's heads that were absolutely on tour every tour and hit every show, barring any misfortunes of the road which might might occur, causing them to have to catch up with tour later on. They were dedicated. The west coast shows quickly became good enough for me as it seemed like the scene on tour back east was already over full.

yes, it is for nights you went in.

---------------------------------------------------------

i once did 2 furthur tours in a row, both fall 2010 tours, it was 9 shows, and 11 shows, total of 20 in a row.

i skipped the (2) NYE shows 2010

went to the 3 broomfields in feb 11, and the 25 night abbey road tour that followed, that was my longest stretch, 28 shows. the 25 night tour was exhausting. i will never forget the final night in boca raton. i was done. i foolishly dosed, heavily. i couldn't move. my legs and my brain were so tired and bent out of shape. even crazier, i drove up to asheville NC the next day straight thru no assistance except two hitchhikers in my car. i never asked any questions but they kept filling the tank up and bought me a meal somewhere along the way, not to mention the grass. saw a pair of really fun widespread panic shows there, and a lot of friends i had not seen in a long time. there are so many great memories and stories from those times.

did a few west coast tours in full too in 2010 and 2011, those were fun. totally different ballgame. i could tour out east solo, not out west. wasn't safe solo. never really is. but it's fun.

i had so much fun doing all this with furthur, can't imagine the heyday with GD when things were a little more footloose.

WHAT A TRIP!

everybody should do one in full sometime. it's quite an experience. the music is just a part of it.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Estimated Prophet
Gratefullyjohn
Junior Boarder
Let it ride, let it roll... LET IT ROLL

#250065 1 year, 3 months ago
My only CONSECUTIVE shows in history are three and that mcu and bethel this past summer. These upcoming nine in port chester will replace that. I wanna make AC and I can but I don't wanna miss out on this music festy in PA it's an annual tradition and ALL my friends will be there. They got money for a good but bs music fest but not a furthur show, I don't get those hippies.

I'm not a vet in any way shape or form, but I've had my fair share of shows and I know what's up, I'm deadicated
Broken heart don't feel so bad, you ain't got half of what you thought you had
Last Edit: 1 year, 3 months ago by Gratefullyjohn.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#250067 1 year, 3 months ago
what music fest john? there is a guy here stricken he is into the PA fests.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Gratefullyjohn
Junior Boarder
Let it ride, let it roll... LET IT ROLL

#250075 1 year, 3 months ago
wlewis wrote:
what music fest john? there is a guy here stricken he is into the PA fests.

Jibberjazz productions "Some Kind Of Jam 8." Great fest man, good music over 3 days with camping and good vibes etc. It'll be a great time. The Pennsylvania festivals are where it's at, I try and make it to all of them as long as the boys aren't doing something for the time being. I figured I will be fine trading in night 10 for some good times with friends and family over 3 days opposed to the one night in AC.
Broken heart don't feel so bad, you ain't got half of what you thought you had
teafortexas
Expert Boarder
Dancin on a pin

#250084 1 year, 3 months ago
My longest stretch:

Crisler Arena - April 5, 1989
Crisler Arena - April 6, 1989
Riverfront Arena - April 8, 1989
Freedom Hall - April 9, 1989
Rosemont Horizon - April 11, 1989
Rosemont Horizon - April 12, 1989
Rosemont Horizon - April 13, 1989
The Mecca - April 15, 1989
The Mecca - April 16, 1989
Metropolitan Sports Center - April 17, 1989
Irvine Meadows Amphitheatre - April 28, 1989
Irvine Meadows Amphitheatre - April 29, 1989
Irvine Meadows Amphitheatre - April 30, 1989
Frost Amphitheatre - May 6, 1989
Frost Amphitheatre - May 7, 1989
Oakland Coliseum Stadium - May 27, 1989 (kicked out at set-break)
Shoreline Amphitheatre - June 18, 1989
Shoreline Amphitheatre - June 18, 1989
Shoreline Amphitheatre - June 19, 1989
Shoreline Amphitheatre - June 21, 1989
Sullivan Stadium - July 2, 1989
Rich Stadium - July 4, 1989
John F. Kennedy Stadium - July 7, 1989
Giants Stadium - July 9, 1989
Giants Stadium - July 10, 1989
Robert F. Kennedy Stadium - July 12, 1989
Robert F. Kennedy Stadium - July 13, 1989
Deer Creek Music Center - July 15, 1989
Alpine Valley Music Theatre - July 17, 1989
Alpine Valley Music Theatre - July 18, 1989
Alpine Valley Music Theatre - July 19, 1989
Cal Expo Amphitheatre - August 4, 1989 (missed)
Cal Expo Amphitheatre - August 5, 1989 (missed)
Cal Expo Amphitheatre - August 6, 1989 (missed)
Greek Theatre - August 17, 1989
Greek Theatre - August 18, 1989
Greek Theatre - August 19, 1989
Shoreline Amphitheatre - September 29, 1989
Shoreline Amphitheatre - September 30, 1989
Shoreline Amphitheatre - October 1, 1989

Shut out of the Hampton '89 shows (gulp.........). 37 out of 40 aint bad. Ended up with pneumonia and not a $ to my name which killed my run. Gotta good stretch in fall of 1990 too (except for Europe).
Everybody is either making love...Or else expecting rain
rippleish20
Platinum Boarder

#250086 1 year, 3 months ago
teafortexas wrote:
My longest stretch:
Shut out of the Hampton '89 shows (gulp.........). 37 out of 40 aint bad. Ended up with pneumonia and not a $ to my name which killed my run. Gotta good stretch in fall of 1990 too (except for Europe).

A very nice run!

Shut out of the Hamptons, though. Bummer! I had a hard time getting in the first night, but did, and if you were there early the first day, they sold tickets to the second night...

I had a few close calls, and one where I only made it in via a back stage pass (last hult, 83), but luckily I was never shut out of a show..
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis
Time to create page: 0.64 seconds