• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
rippleish20
Platinum Boarder

Re: the longest...tour vets please

#249986 1 year, 6 months ago
RowTimmy wrote:
In 1980 I did 15 shows at the Warfield, then two in Luisiana, then 8 at radio city for 25 in a row. I also might have done a few shows prior to that run as well as seeing Weir 3 or 4 days later in NYC. That was my longest run without missing a show I think. Ive done many a spring east coast tour in the early 80's, 5 or 6 years in a row.

That's an impressive run to have gone to...
rippleish20
Platinum Boarder

#249989 1 year, 6 months ago
Griff wrote:
The 80s were great (started in '81) but I like talking to the vets that were there in the 70s. Like seeing the wall of sound, now that would have been cool.

My first Dead show was Englishtown 77. I loved the 80s but would gladly have given them to if I coud have seen shows in 72,73,77 range. I still consider Englishtown the best show I made it to...
Last Edit: 1 year, 6 months ago by rippleish20.
The following user(s) said Thank You: iamthedoor
Griff
Expert Boarder
Don't you see........

#249992 1 year, 6 months ago
rippleish20 wrote:
Griff wrote:
The 80s were great (started in '81) but I like talking to the vets that were there in the 70s. Like seeing the wall of sound, now that would have been cool.

My first Dead show was Englishtown 77. I loved the 80s but would gladly have given them to if I coud have seen shows in 72,73,77 range. I still consider Englishtown the best show I made it to...

Nice. Now that's cool. Funny that the first was the best. Yes that is a great show. Easy to get on the bus with that one.

And yes on a great '72-'74 show. Any of them.
dr bakes
Platinum Boarder
Dizzy ain't the word for the way you're makin me

#249993 1 year, 6 months ago
rippleish20 wrote:
Griff wrote:

Englishtown was my 1st show as well.
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake their hand
Griff
Expert Boarder
Don't you see........

#250001 1 year, 6 months ago
^^^^^^ That's just not fair...............
gr8ful bruin
Senior Boarder
Mr. Charlie

#250007 1 year, 6 months ago
I saw the last 14 JGB shows and the last 32 west cost dead shows.
Go to Terrapin, no really go to TERRAPIN
The following user(s) said Thank You: AcidTestGraduate
BillyDeLion
Junior Boarder

#250013 1 year, 6 months ago
The most shows I saw on a tour or in a row was 6. I did this a few times.
First time was Fall 82
Capitol Center, MD
Portland, ME
Boston Garden
MSG 2 nights
New Haven CT

I also saw 6 nights on a tour/ in a row a few times at MSG, definitely the Sept 90 run, and also I think 2 other times at MSG, definitely saw 6 nights out of the nine night run they did there. It was pretty exhausting.

It's all a blur now, well not completely but mostly,. Looking back, I saw most of the shows they played at MSG between 3-10-81 and the end, but missed the Fall 83 shows.
These are the good old days!!
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

#250015 1 year, 6 months ago
Does it count if you went to the show but didn't get in? In '83 I went to 19 consecutive shows, but got shut out of 3 of them. That was my best year for number of shows total, 42, plus 8 more west coast shows in early '84. Interpreting the parameters of your question strictly, my consecutive total is 6. When I first went on tour I met a lot of hardcore 70's heads that were absolutely on tour every tour and hit every show, barring any misfortunes of the road which might might occur, causing them to have to catch up with tour later on. They were dedicated. The west coast shows quickly became good enough for me as it seemed like the scene on tour back east was already over full.
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

#250017 1 year, 6 months ago
The run in 1990 was terribly exhausting.
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

#250060 1 year, 6 months ago
rippleish20 wrote:
Griff wrote:

mmmm Englishtown, how I wish I could say I had been there. On of my all time favorite shows to listen to especially half step, LLR, and the best Peggy o there is.
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds