• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
gratefulade
Junior Boarder

The Mountain Song

#2498 3 years, 4 months ago
I just want to say how much I LOVE "The Mountain Song"! I heard it for the first time at Red Rocks, and I felt like they played it to us, for us, and it will forever make me think of Red Rocks! One of those perfect moments. The NYE version is stellar as well.
Lynx
Visitor

Re: The Mountain Song

#2499 3 years, 4 months ago
Here here! heard it in Red Rocks too and loved it!
onthebusin03
Junior Boarder

#2500 3 years, 4 months ago
Interesting note, perhaps only to me: Of the 9 times they've played Mountain Song, it's gone into IKYR 5 of those times.

A solid new tune, and an easy segue into another song...
Lynx
Visitor

#2503 3 years, 4 months ago
That's interesting, and a nice combo, but I still like my china cat>rider intact. I don't know why, it just feels right. But it's their band, they know WAY better than me, so whatever they wanna do is more than I could reasonably ask for.
onthebusin03
Junior Boarder

#2509 3 years, 4 months ago
No doubt we all have our ideas and preferences as far as how sets should go. I'm as guilty as anyone, but just like you, it is healthy to realize that they're playing what they want to play. We're not going to change that...

A lot of people want their standard combos and triptych's in tact, whether it's Scarlet > Fire, China > Rider, or Help > Slip > Franklin's. That's fine... but they seem to be doing a decent job of splitting it, and balancing it out. I like a mixture of the old and the new positions...

Oh well. No big deal to this guy, just interesting to chart what happens and play with the data.
gratefulade
Junior Boarder

#2524 3 years, 4 months ago
I agree, I have full faith in their decisions! At first some of the splitting up was weird, but now I like it, keeps things interesting. I'd rather be surprised then be able to predict what they're gonna do. They've only been doing this for 45 years, what the hell do they know! lmfao
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#2528 3 years, 4 months ago
I was at Red Rocks and NYE and both versions were beautiful!
The voices tell me what to say
lastleaffallen
Junior Boarder
mindmelt

#2535 3 years, 4 months ago
onthebusin03 wrote:
Interesting note, perhaps only to me: Of the 9 times they've played Mountain Song, it's gone into IKYR 5 of those times.

A solid new tune, and an easy segue into another song...

I've noticed and I love how well it flows. Got the spoken combo in Chicago and was glad.

I'd also like to seem them do this combo again from Lowell: China Cat> Colors of the Rain. Listen to it if you haven't. I loved it when it happened
", two eagles hang against a cloud."
Last Edit: 3 years, 4 months ago by lastleaffallen.
Lynx
Visitor

#2537 3 years, 4 months ago
I must admit this was nice :

Barton Hall 2-14-10

China Cat~>SOTM~>Rider

www.archive.org/details/Furthur2010-02-14.digigal.vp88.flac16
Last Edit: 3 years, 4 months ago by .
OtherOne
Junior Boarder

#2555 3 years, 4 months ago
Definitely my favorite of the new tunes, NYE version into Rider was one of the highlights of the night for me!

Nice version from MSG

Time to create page: 0.41 seconds