• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
dr bakes
Platinum Boarder
Dizzy ain't the word for the way you're makin me

Re: Two Weeks until the Cap Run Starts!

#249766 1 year, 6 months ago
I'm tested and ready to go though I'm only doing the 23rd and 24th but real excited to do the Capitol for the 1st time(never got to see the GD there or Phil)
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake their hand
CosmicCookie
Senior Boarder
Its dizzying, the possibilities...

#249770 1 year, 6 months ago
historic venue for sure, wicked excited to be inside!
Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don't be sorry
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#249781 1 year, 6 months ago
haven't seen Furthur since NYE and haven't been to the Cap in about a month and a half, sounds spoiled but man I'm jonesing for this run

sucks how it works out with work for me though... we've been so brutally slow all year so far and pretty much made just enough money to be able to make everything happen... now we just started a big job today and I'm sure will be busy for months. This run is right in the middle of the big job we have and I need 6 days off and to leave early 1 day - but think about for 10 shows taking 6 days off isn't to bad, I thought.

my boss tried to say something when I first asked for them off but that was a joke.... I'm gonna be killing myself as it is working every day Furthur has off... working until 2:30 opening night then rushing to the show... working thursday 4/18, monday 4/22 and friday 4/26 .... gonna get home around 3am and probably be up by 6 for work But I can get a good sleep after work those days.

sounds rough but it will be worth it for sure -- I make it happen asking for the least amount of days off that I could... I wouldn't mind it raining on the above days (means no work) but I'm sure I'll be able to use the money

At first I didn't buy tickets for the November Phil run and I was maybe gonna miss a couple shows as to not kill myself.... but man that all changed in seconds the opening night at Welmont, it was so intense. Took less then a minute for me to decide I was making the other 9 nights happen at any cost.... the fucking energy was so high that night --- and of course no regrets on making them all happen, especially the 4 show Cap run - that place is Epic.

I think it's comparable to Radio City... RCMH has the Cap beat with the light show and all but the Cap is so much smaller and more intimate... and it's not by a long shot that the Cap gets beat with the light show.... faces will be melted in a couple weeks
The following user(s) said Thank You: nycdave
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#249788 1 year, 6 months ago
one more thing... your not gonna wanna miss me and my Apple Brownies ... I'll def have a batch made for the opening few nights, hopefully there's time to make more throughout

sorry but no mind alternating substances are in them... but don't let that stop you from trying one
yankeesmed
Junior Boarder

#249796 1 year, 6 months ago
MushroomMan wrote:

At first I didn't buy tickets for the November Phil run and I was maybe gonna miss a couple shows as to not kill myself.... but man that all changed in seconds the opening night at Welmont, it was so intense. Took less then a minute for me to decide I was making the other 9 nights happen at any cost.... the fucking energy was so high that night --- and of course no regrets on making them all happen, especially the 4 show Cap run - that place is Epic.

I think it's comparable to Radio City... RCMH has the Cap beat with the light show and all but the Cap is so much smaller and more intimate... and it's not by a long shot that the Cap gets beat with the light show.... faces will be melted in a couple weeks

The Wellmont was the best leg of the Phil run, I think. The energy at Wellmont was out of control! And I thought it was going to be the worst part!! Roseland was pretty weak and Cap of course always brings it.

I like the comparison of Cap to Radio City, but in my opinion they really don't compare. I think Radio City has the Cap beat in so many ways. It is just so crazy to see the band play in that elegant, historic, enormous theater in the middle of manhattan. It's like a mini city in there when they play there.

But the Cap is great for it's own reasons. Anyone who hasn't been there is going to love it. I just think bigger is better with this band. I think they feed off the energy of a big crowd. The best shows I've been to have always been at the bigger venues. Vibes 2011, Scranton, Wanee, Bethel, MSG, etc. The small shows are nice for a different reason, but I don't get the same energy I do when it's a big venue.

Can't wait for this run!!!
Last Edit: 1 year, 6 months ago by yankeesmed.
Gratefullyjohn
Junior Boarder
Let it ride, let it roll... LET IT ROLL

#249801 1 year, 6 months ago
Damn mushroom man I was hoping for some random substance to be in those brownies

And the cap is great, I seen Melvin seals and JGB there and all I could think of is when furthur will play it is so much furthur right up in your face! And the light show is amazing, I was melting at that JGB show that band brings it they are spot on, but furthur is a whole different story and only two weeks remain like damn I have been anticipating every single day since the tickets went on sale, I can't help it lol. I need my fix of the legit great live music. Dso is good but they don't cutt it spiritually and with the vibe etc etc. I seen dso three times in November and on the New Years run at the paramount, not the same (the music is great tho and legit I will be seeing them at the cap in may as well)
Broken heart don't feel so bad, you ain't got half of what you thought you had
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#249818 1 year, 6 months ago
yankeesmed wrote:
MushroomMan wrote:

The Wellmont was the best leg of the Phil run, I think. The energy at Wellmont was out of control! And I thought it was going to be the worst part!! Roseland was pretty weak and Cap of course always brings it.

I like the comparison of Cap to Radio City, but in my opinion they really don't compare. I think Radio City has the Cap beat in so many ways. It is just so crazy to see the band play in that elegant, historic, enormous theater in the middle of manhattan. It's like a mini city in there when they play there.

But the Cap is great for it's own reasons. Anyone who hasn't been there is going to love it. I just think bigger is better with this band. I think they feed off the energy of a big crowd. The best shows I've been to have always been at the bigger venues. Vibes 2011, Scranton, Wanee, Bethel, MSG, etc. The small shows are nice for a different reason, but I don't get the same energy I do when it's a big venue.

Can't wait for this run!!!

good points on Radio City, it's been a couple years but now thinking back I feel like a fool talking it down a little. No light show could touch it plus that screen they have - but it's not just the psychedelic aspect either, that place is really incredible.

it just sucks being underneath a balcony there, I'm sure that's the case at the Cap to but it's GA so easy to avoid... at Radio City you have to make sure your not getting seats under one when you buy them. Then with 3 balcony's, the first 5 or so rows are the only decent spots on the first 2
Last Edit: 1 year, 6 months ago by MushroomMan.
CosmicCookie
Senior Boarder
Its dizzying, the possibilities...

#249819 1 year, 6 months ago
MushroomMan wrote:

how fucking good was that first night at wellmont? left my mind pretty well blown
Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don't be sorry
Gratefullyjohn
Junior Boarder
Let it ride, let it roll... LET IT ROLL

#249821 1 year, 6 months ago
I caught the stream and I could not believe that this was the band I would be seeing days later in NYC.
Broken heart don't feel so bad, you ain't got half of what you thought you had
Last Edit: 1 year, 6 months ago by Gratefullyjohn.
direwolflove222
Senior Boarder
Its an obsession but its pleasing

#249852 1 year, 6 months ago
Doing the last 3 nights of the Capitol!!! Still cant believe it... I thought the Roseland shows were pretty sick. It was the hardest decision in the world not going to the Capitol after that last Roseland show... I was pre miracled (1st miracle ever) for the first night but couldnt change my flight so I didnt go. I am so ready for this!!!
eight-sided whispering hallelujah hat rack
bxorain
Senior Boarder

#249962 1 year, 6 months ago
CosmicCookie wrote:
damn all 9! good for you dude, I was only able so snag two 4/20 and 4/21, I figured they'd be pretty hot shows, never miss a Sunday show if I can

I never miss a Sunday show either...my favorite night of any run!
The following user(s) said Thank You: CosmicCookie
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds