• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
mr. nobody
Junior Boarder

Re: More FURTHUR at sweetwater

#249957 1 year, 3 months ago
Yeah. Great! Shows in a tiny venue that basically nobody can go to. Unless you have a direct hook-up your chances of getting tickets is pretty much zero. $150 tickets. Pretty much excludes the working man. But that's okay, because none of your working man friends will be there anyway. Special elitist shows for the well-connected and well-heeled...that's what it was always about, right? I can understand a couple private shows like this but when that's all we get out here...it's pretty insulting. Mind you, I've got an in...I just choose to not go much because...it's not really a show. It's a special concert performance for a special audience of mostly people needing to feel special. They could fill The Fox in Oakland and we'd all be able to get together and throw down. For me...The Grateful Dead were always a great house band for the best party. I don't get these exclusive functions for the privileged Marin elite. It's kinda gross.
dougieisirie
Junior Boarder

#249960 1 year, 3 months ago
I've been to a couple of those shows, and I was there because it was a chance to see my favorite musicians very close up and with awesome sound. There is something about the way the musicians interact on a smaller stage, compared to a larger stage like say Bill Graham Civic Center.. Now as far as needing to feel special, i don't now where that comes from. I was there to see and listen to the band. period. So I had to pay the price of 2 tickets for that one show. To me it was worth it, and I'm not a well-heeled marin-ite. Just my opinion.
"Some ask, why play Grateful Dead music??
For those that know, no answer is necessary,
For those that don't, no answer is possible."
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#249961 1 year, 3 months ago
mr. nobody wrote:
Yeah. Great! Shows in a tiny venue that basically nobody can go to. Unless you have a direct hook-up your chances of getting tickets is pretty much zero. $150 tickets. Pretty much excludes the working man. But that's okay, because none of your working man friends will be there anyway. Special elitist shows for the well-connected and well-heeled...that's what it was always about, right? I can understand a couple private shows like this but when that's all we get out here...it's pretty insulting. Mind you, I've got an in...I just choose to not go much because...it's not really a show. It's a special concert performance for a special audience of mostly people needing to feel special. They could fill The Fox in Oakland and we'd all be able to get together and throw down. For me...The Grateful Dead were always a great house band for the best party. I don't get these exclusive functions for the privileged Marin elite. It's kinda gross.

yeah, i'm with you on that one. i love to see shows at terrapin but i don't want to see furthur there. fox in oakland again!! i live a 5 min BART ride away

there are so many places in the bay area they could be playing
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Griff
Expert Boarder
Don't you see........

#249969 1 year, 3 months ago
I never ceased to be amazed at the responses sometimes.

So when I was typing the "boy it would be fun" for some TXR and Sweetwater shows, it was absolutely in the vein of a small venue with great sound and an opportunity to see the music in a way that does not exist anywhere else.

And definitely NOT in the vein of isn't great to hang out with my other rich freinds that can afford these too expensive tickets and go to these elite shows. Cause I do not feel that way. At all.

In addition, it was also in the vein of knowing they should be heading out, hopefully, on a summer tour where there are plenty of shows and plenty of tickets and plenty of opportunity to see the band. YAY!!

So not offended at all my brother. But surprised that my comments "bothered" anyone as they were so innocuous.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dougieisirie
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#249997 1 year, 3 months ago
Shows up d
Soon
Time to create page: 1.60 seconds