• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
DancingBear
Senior Boarder

Re: Deadheads in the workplace

#25121 3 years, 2 months ago
I'm a stay at home mom and wife. I have constant GD and Furthur goin'. I don't have sattlelite radio and the radio stations around here are top 40 only. If i hear Magic Man or Barracouda one more time I'll scream. So I'm plugged into my ipod quite a bit. However, this area where I live, its as if the 60's never happend. Like stepping back in time to the 50's. Think modern day setting with a 50's mind set....thats where i live. The only other head i know is my husband and he is usually away working. I can tell people I like the Dead and Furthur and they got no clue as to who I'm talking about. The only exception are the college professors and even with them its a thing in the distant past. My kids listen to gd and furthur. Just earlier my 8 yr old was skipping through the house singing Hes Gone. God i love that.
Can't talk to you without talkin' to me. Were guilty of the same ol' things.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nastero
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#25123 3 years, 2 months ago
gdradio.net free streeming dead music also deadvids free streaming dead shows enjoy
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
The following user(s) said Thank You: DancingBear
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#25128 3 years, 2 months ago
DancingBear wrote:
I'm a stay at home mom and wife. I have constant GD and Furthur goin'. I don't have sattlelite radio and the radio stations around here are top 40 only. If i hear Magic Man or Barracouda one more time I'll scream. So I'm plugged into my ipod quite a bit. However, this area where I live, its as if the 60's never happend. Like stepping back in time to the 50's. Think modern day setting with a 50's mind set....thats where i live. The only other head i know is my husband and he is usually away working. I can tell people I like the Dead and Furthur and they got no clue as to who I'm talking about. The only exception are the college professors and even with them its a thing in the distant past. My kids listen to gd and furthur. Just earlier my 8 yr old was skipping through the house singing Hes Gone. God i love that.

if you can swing it, I'm a advocate of satellite radio. I constantly have the GD and Jam On channel on.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DancingBear
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#25196 3 years, 2 months ago
always something good on gdradio. ..... not just Grateful Dead either, he plays about ever incarnation there ever was, just started some Garcia and Saunders right now.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#25198 3 years, 2 months ago
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Last Edit: 3 years, 2 months ago by 83msg1sttyme.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nastero, DancingBear
jackstraw
Fresh Boarder

#25204 3 years, 2 months ago
I am a special education teacher at the elementary level. I am pretty open about being a Head and work with a handful of others at my school. It's a cool environment, but this is in Eugene so it's kind of the norm. I am grateful on a daily basis to be doing what I'm doing and be where I am.
DancingBear
Senior Boarder

#25215 3 years, 2 months ago
wow...deadvids.com! THANK YOU! Seriously 83msg, what a blessing!
Can't talk to you without talkin' to me. Were guilty of the same ol' things.
Last Edit: 3 years, 2 months ago by DancingBear.
fatdog
Junior Boarder

#25268 3 years, 2 months ago
I work in Surgery, there are a few heads where I work but I see far more show than mist of them. I could care less that know Im a head. I change into scrubs when I get there so I am usually wearing a tye dye to work or concert shirt. I'm not reinventing myself for them. It's nor my fault they have a bad taste in music.
Time to create page: 0.46 seconds