• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
edheadwharfrat
Expert Boarder

Deadheads in the workplace

#24951 3 years, 5 months ago
What do you do for a living and how, if at all, does it intersect with being a Deadhead?
Without love day to day insanity's king
The following user(s) said Thank You: skidoo
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

Re: Deadheads in the workplace

#24953 3 years, 5 months ago
was in the signmaking buisness billboards etc did a lot of work in the NYC area times square.not much related to the dead except my boss was a head so we listened to shows in the shop while i welded
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Chester
More or less in line

#24956 3 years, 5 months ago
It always makes a job go quicker if I have some good GD music to listen to.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#24961 3 years, 5 months ago
yup puts ya in a good mood too
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
edheadwharfrat
Expert Boarder

#24967 3 years, 5 months ago
83msg1sttyme wrote:
was in the signmaking buisness billboards etc did a lot of work in the NYC area times square.not much related to the dead except my boss was a head so we listened to shows in the shop while i welded

I work in the marketing/admissions dept. of an addiction treatment center. There are a handful of other Deadheads working here, and I am able to listen to music through my headphones in between taking calls. It makes the day so nice and keeps me in a serene mood. I like to listen the the Jam of the Week, Deadhead Radio Hour re-runs, and Taper's Corner that changes every week on Dead.net. Also, the weekly MP3 on the Widespread Panic site.
nastero
Junior Boarder

#24970 3 years, 5 months ago
I'm a software developer and have quite a few shows on my ipod and on my work machine (not just Dead shows) and so I listen while I'm coding.

We recently got Pandora in the office as well and on my days to choose the channel people are subjected to Dead Radio and Phish Radio amongst others, though on Pandora it appears that all roads lead back to Hendrix. We've even started a game of "Six Degrees of Hendrix" to see how many songs it will take on any given Pandora "channel" before a Hendrix tune comes up.
gratefulade
Junior Boarder

#24988 3 years, 5 months ago
I am a victim advocate for sexual assault and domestic violence. No correlation with work and being a deadhead, although I get a lot of the "didn't you already see that band" or "you're going out of town AGAIN?".

To add to this thread, I'm curious if everyone 'comes out' as a deadhead right away or not at work. I usually don't at first, for the obvious reasons. I alllow them to get to know me and see the good work I do, then tell them.

Before anyone jumps on that too much.... I am by no means ashamed of being a deadhead or worried what others will think of me..... I am a much-advertised head, just not at work
Last Edit: 3 years, 5 months ago by gratefulade.
edheadwharfrat
Expert Boarder

#24989 3 years, 5 months ago
gratefulade wrote:
I am a victim advocate for sexual assault and domestic violence. No correlation with work and being a deadhead, although I get a lot of the "didn't you already see that band" or "you're going out of town AGAIN?".

To add to this thread, I'm curious if everyone 'comes out' as a deadhead right away or not at work. I usually don't at first, for the obvious reasons. I alllow them to get to know me and see the good work I do, then tell them.

Before anyone jumps on that too much.... I am by no means ashamed of being a deadhead or worried what others will think of me..... I am a much-advertised head, just not at work

I've had two careers in my adult life. The first was in the field of environmental activism and the second in addiction treatment. In both cases, they are fields full of Deadheads who are very much open about it. I guess I've been lucky in this regard.
kfender
Gold Boarder

#24990 3 years, 5 months ago
I'm a prison guard who can't listen to music at work.Not too many co workers are heads either.it is what it is,I don't mind
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder
More negative karma please =-)

#24992 3 years, 5 months ago
I do donkey shows in tijuana. There kinda lax about music in the workplace, so its cool.
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds