• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
kfender
Gold Boarder

Re: CONFIRMED Summer Shows WILL be Played

#249802 1 year, 7 months ago
I saw the Dead in the Knickerbocker Arena on Summer tour in 1992 and 1995 so it's not without precedence.They played plenty of indoor shows in the Summer back in the 80's and 90's
Gratefullyjohn
Junior Boarder
Let it ride, let it roll... LET IT ROLL

#249805 1 year, 7 months ago
Hmmm so the Barclays center it is then, so far, I like the idea of the Barclays cause that means way cheaper tickets and everyone can get in
Broken heart don't feel so bad, you ain't got half of what you thought you had
yankeesmed
Junior Boarder

#249808 1 year, 7 months ago
kfender wrote:
I saw the Dead in the Knickerbocker Arena on Summer tour in 1992 and 1995 so it's not without precedence.They played plenty of indoor shows in the Summer back in the 80's and 90's

And anyways, IF Furthur were to be playing at Barclays in July, as Gratefullyjohn so astutely guessed , it's not even necessarily about precedents with the Dead and stuff. It's also about a brand new venue in NYC that is having tons of concerts this summer. MSG doesn't do concerts in the summer, but if they did, Furthur would have played there in the summer at least once in these past few years, believe me. Now that there is an arena in NYC that does summer shows, there's an arena for Furthur to play a summer show in.

Either way, as I said, whether there was a precedent or not, I have confirmation that a summer show will be played in NYC at a venue they've never played at before. Gratefullyjohn knows which venue it is . I know nothing else about the rest of the tour, or if there even is a rest of the tour, but I know for certain that there will be at least ONE show played there. Enjoy, fans

I hope everybody else gets the show they dream of in the geographic area of their liking!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: kfender, Daisy Mae, Gratefullyjohn
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

#249814 1 year, 7 months ago
Thank you for your kind words regarding everyone getting what they would like in the way of venues.

Just off the top of my head I remember indoor shows in '83 in the summer: Minneapolis ; Madison; Boise; and Eugene.
Last Edit: 1 year, 7 months ago by Daisy Mae. Reason: brain fart
mr. nobody
Junior Boarder

#249982 1 year, 7 months ago
...and McNichols in Denver. Great indoor summer shows. Anyways, it's too bad they've waited so long to announce shows. I know 2 families from my town in CA couldn't wait any longer. Yes, we all try to include shows in our trips back east so we can get down with friends...but scheduling work, family and travelling means we need to pull the trigger in advance. I'm surprised our band's booking/ press person doesn't understand this! I would think they would want to sell tickets, but what do I know? People are making plans to get together at Phish. PHISH!!! We don't really like that but it's a place to connect w/ friends and party. Why do these Furthur organizers stall like this? It's not the old days, the suspense doesn't help, your shows don't sell out and we're not all waiting to throw away our lives for shows anymore...we have lives. It would be nice to catch some shows for sure. Why make that difficult for us? Perhaps this is a passive-aggressive way to wind down..."low volume of ticket sales= less shows=stay home more"...but you kill your own sales!
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

#250012 1 year, 7 months ago
mr. nobody wrote:
Anyways, it's too bad they've waited so long to announce shows. I know 2 families from my town in CA couldn't wait any longer. Yes, we all try to include shows in our trips back east so we can get down with friends...but scheduling work, family and travelling means we need to pull the trigger in advance. !

I'm in exactly the same boat. I'd love to get some shows in but I can't work with no time frame to go on and my job requires several months notice. If someone else requests the needed time off first, I'll be SOL.
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

#250066 1 year, 7 months ago
Summer 94 I saw a couple of indoor shows at the Palace in Auburn Hills Michigan. One of them was a Jerry birthday show.
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#250076 1 year, 7 months ago
dr bakes wrote:
In 94 or 95 the GD played Albany Knickerbocher arena, an indoor facility on summer tour. I was there.

Furthur played the Sherman Theatre 7-5-10, UNBELIEVABLY HOT, (temps and music)

I was at the Sherman and the Knick in June of '95, my last show 6-22-95
-- smell every flower --
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#250077 1 year, 7 months ago
The sherman was one of my favorite furthur shows i have been to. The energy when phil and the band dropped into Scarlet and then into Shakedown was explosive. People were having a great time all around us all night, drove from Boston area to PA in my buddys 280,000 + mileage '92 honda civic ashtray, didnt know if we were gonna make that one! Amazing energy that night amd a PACKED house!
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#250078 1 year, 7 months ago
That was a make up show for the highgate, VT show they canceled. I still have my unused ticket from VT
cosmic charley
Junior Boarder

#250094 1 year, 7 months ago
Summer's comin' and the time will be right!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: patchmyfurthur
B-Rad
Gold Boarder

#250095 1 year, 7 months ago
I have to say I will be pretty disapointed if they play Barclay's. If they play that huge venue in the city you can rule out a run of more than one night at Bethel. They simply won't sell out Barclay's if they do multiple nights at Bethel and if Barclay's is a sure thing then multi night Bethel is a no go. I guess a night or two in the city and then up to Bethel will work.

Anything on where they might play in the Boston/New England area????
Time to create page: 0.34 seconds