CosmicCookie
Senior Boarder
Its dizzying, the possibilities...

Re: CONFIRMED Summer Shows WILL be Played

#249645 1 year, 5 months ago
B-Rad wrote:
AcidTestGraduate wrote:
B-Rad wrote:
Barclay's holds 19,000! And I don't know if furthur plays indoor shows in the summer. Seems unlikely to me.

you might recall.....I think it was 2010 when Furthur played Best Buy in July. One of these shows culminated in Bobby having a momentary loss of mind during El Paso. Ring a bell?

I don't think anyone would complain about a show in a climate controlled environment when the heat index could be 100+, especially the band.

The Best Buy shows were in March! I don't think they have ever played indoors in the summer, heat or not. Summer in NYC is great why is everyone afraid of a little hot weather.

Bethel holds 15,000 max but runs shows with much, much less than that. Past Furthur shows have been about half of what they would need to fill Barclay's. An indoor areana is different you can't really make it work financially without filling it up. And there is no way they are filling up Barclay's unless it is their only show of the Summer or some sort of fairwell tour.

It isn't going to be Barclay's!

It was the Nokia Theater and they played two nights there in July of 2010! it could very well happen. the heat definitely put a hurtin on the boys at times last summer
Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don't be sorry
B-Rad
Gold Boarder

#249646 1 year, 5 months ago
Oh yeah, they did play two nights at the Nokia in 2010 (now Best Buy). How big is the Nokia though and this ain't 2010!
CosmicCookie
Senior Boarder

#249647 1 year, 5 months ago
B-Rad wrote:
Oh yeah, they did play two nights at the Nokia in 2010 (now Best Buy). How big is the Nokia though and this ain't 2010!

It's tiny. But it was an indoor summer show, just sayin it's happened
B-Rad
Gold Boarder

#249650 1 year, 5 months ago
CosmicCookie wrote:
B-Rad wrote:

Its happened twice...but I guess if it is going to be an anomaly indoor summer show it would probably happen in NYC. I just hope they play Bethel or somewhere else outdoors in the area in the summer too.
dr bakes
Platinum Boarder
Dizzy ain't the word for the way you're makin me

#249653 1 year, 5 months ago
In 94 or 95 the GD played Albany Knickerbocher arena, an indoor facility on summer tour. I was there.
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake their hand
CosmicCookie
Senior Boarder

#249664 1 year, 5 months ago
B-Rad wrote:
CosmicCookie wrote:
B-Rad wrote:

Its happened twice...but I guess if it is going to be an anomaly indoor summer show it would probably happen in NYC. I just hope they play Bethel or somewhere else outdoors in the area in the summer too.

agreed! ((((((bethel)))))))
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#249677 1 year, 5 months ago
There is still no show scheduled at Bethel on Saturday July 13th No show booked for Sunday either

(((((Bethel Weekend)))
Gratefullyjohn
Junior Boarder
Let it ride, let it roll... LET IT ROLL

#249731 1 year, 5 months ago
Dire Wolf wrote:
Whenevr New Yorkers talk about their city they always seem to be trying to convince themselves its the best place to be. Dont worry we all believe you we just dont want to cramp your style. NYC is a great place to visit but no way in hell could you ever pay me to trade the access to interstates i have while being in the mountains and living next to a lake with horses, dogs, and farms next me all the while having access to fantastic fresh food and local breweries from farm to table to mouth. People in NYC pay top dollar at restaurants and on their vacations upstate for what i enjoy everyday. Plus their ganj is way way way way overpriced.

I'm from New York, I don't eat the over priced food, I get my ganja for damn cheap and alot of it too for the price, great microbrews and wide selection from local breweries all around, my vacations are furthur shows, I think it's the best place to live if you're a deadhead that can't live on the west coast. I go back and forth to Pennsylvania to retreat to the mountains every other two months. I live in New York when the good shows are going down, and when I have school. Switching back and forth keeps it fresh and from getting stale. It gets pretty boring after a while being stuck in the middle of no where for a period of time, especially in winter. It also gets boring being stuck in the city. That's why I take the best of both worlds.
Broken heart don't feel so bad, you ain't got half of what you thought you had
yankeesmed
Junior Boarder

#249785 1 year, 5 months ago
Dire Wolf wrote:

You said to book it as the tour is in the books? Then you titled this thread as confirmed dates then you say thats not how the rumor mill works. So basically you know nothing about anything going on this summer except that Furthur most likely will play a show somewhere. Thanks for the update big ben.

Did you read my post? I said the SHOW is in the books. I know for CERTAIN of ONE SHOW. And yes, Gratefullyjohn got it right.

Basically I know nothing? Then why would I share it here with my fellow Deadheads? What are you talking about dude?

I have zero info about summer tour, as I said. I said I have SOLID, IN CEMENT CONFIRMATION ABOUT ONE SHOW in NYC THIS SUMMER. Why the attitude? If you don't like rumors then don't entertain them. But obviously anything coming from a message board is a rumor even if I tell you I am a representative of Furthur. Until you get an official announcement, anything I say is still a rumor, dude.

But, yes, they are for certain playing where Gratefullyjohn first guessed they are playing. And it will for certain be in July. I don't know why you guys think it's going to be a problem to fill up. Anybody remember the MSG shows??
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

#249790 1 year, 5 months ago
Island Head wrote:
There is still no show scheduled at Bethel on Saturday July 13th No show booked for Sunday either

(((((Bethel Weekend)))

If I am reading the Bethel calender correctly, they are completely open from July 3 all the way up until July 18 (with the exception of July 12).

How awesome would a 3 night run be July 5,6,7 at Bethel?
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
yankeesmed
Junior Boarder

#249791 1 year, 5 months ago
Dire Wolf wrote:
Whenevr New Yorkers talk about their city they always seem to be trying to convince themselves its the best place to be. Dont worry we all believe you we just dont want to cramp your style. NYC is a great place to visit but no way in hell could you ever pay me to trade the access to interstates i have while being in the mountains and living next to a lake with horses, dogs, and farms next me all the while having access to fantastic fresh food and local breweries from farm to table to mouth. People in NYC pay top dollar at restaurants and on their vacations upstate for what i enjoy everyday. Plus their ganj is way way way way overpriced.

I live in NYC. You have absolutely no clue where I live, what it is like, or the access I have to beautiful nature. You have no clue what I do on a hot summer afternoon after work but I bet you would love it.

This isn't a pissing contest, dude. It's no secret that living in the tri-state area is pretty damn nice. So is living in the Pacific Northwest. So is living in Arizona. So is living in New Orleans. It's a beautiful world we live in.

But yeah, you have no idea, no idea where I live. No clue. So just chill out and if you want to see the beauty of this area make friends with a local from the Bronx or Queens or Westchester who will show you. And when I come to visit your farm, I'll enjoy my visit and not talk like a weird competitive person.
yankeesmed
Junior Boarder

#249793 1 year, 5 months ago
jaredlang wrote:
Island Head wrote:

(((((Bethel Weekend)))

If I am reading the Bethel calender correctly, they are completely open from July 3 all the way up until July 18 (with the exception of July 12).

How awesome would a 3 night run be July 5,6,7 at Bethel?

I would trade all my Cap tickets for a three night run at Bethel!! PLEASE PLAY BETHEL FURTHUR PLEASE!!!!

. . . .well maybe I would trade all but one. I gotta see the boys at the Cap
Time to create page: 0.32 seconds