• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

Re: CONFIRMED Summer Shows WILL be Played

#250066 1 year, 6 months ago
Summer 94 I saw a couple of indoor shows at the Palace in Auburn Hills Michigan. One of them was a Jerry birthday show.
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#250076 1 year, 6 months ago
dr bakes wrote:
In 94 or 95 the GD played Albany Knickerbocher arena, an indoor facility on summer tour. I was there.

Furthur played the Sherman Theatre 7-5-10, UNBELIEVABLY HOT, (temps and music)

I was at the Sherman and the Knick in June of '95, my last show 6-22-95
-- smell every flower --
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#250077 1 year, 6 months ago
The sherman was one of my favorite furthur shows i have been to. The energy when phil and the band dropped into Scarlet and then into Shakedown was explosive. People were having a great time all around us all night, drove from Boston area to PA in my buddys 280,000 + mileage '92 honda civic ashtray, didnt know if we were gonna make that one! Amazing energy that night amd a PACKED house!
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder

#250078 1 year, 6 months ago
That was a make up show for the highgate, VT show they canceled. I still have my unused ticket from VT
cosmic charley
Junior Boarder

#250094 1 year, 6 months ago
Summer's comin' and the time will be right!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: patchmyfurthur
B-Rad
Gold Boarder

#250095 1 year, 6 months ago
I have to say I will be pretty disapointed if they play Barclay's. If they play that huge venue in the city you can rule out a run of more than one night at Bethel. They simply won't sell out Barclay's if they do multiple nights at Bethel and if Barclay's is a sure thing then multi night Bethel is a no go. I guess a night or two in the city and then up to Bethel will work.

Anything on where they might play in the Boston/New England area????
rippleish20
Platinum Boarder

#250096 1 year, 6 months ago
Dire Wolf wrote:
That was a make up show for the highgate, VT show they canceled. I still have my unused ticket from VT

Shelbourne Farms show, not Highgate
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder

#250097 1 year, 6 months ago
Oops! Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: rippleish20
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

#250101 1 year, 6 months ago
[quote="kevin" post=250076]dr bakes wrote:

I was at the Sherman and the Knick in June of '95, my last show 6-22-95

6/22/95 was my last GD show too
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder

#250295 1 year, 6 months ago
Gratefullyjohn wrote:
Dire Wolf wrote:
Whenevr New Yorkers talk about their city they always seem to be trying to convince themselves its the best place to be. Dont worry we all believe you we just dont want to cramp your style. NYC is a great place to visit but no way in hell could you ever pay me to trade the access to interstates i have while being in the mountains and living next to a lake with horses, dogs, and farms next me all the while having access to fantastic fresh food and local breweries from farm to table to mouth. People in NYC pay top dollar at restaurants and on their vacations upstate for what i enjoy everyday. Plus their ganj is way way way way overpriced.

I'm from New York, I don't eat the over priced food, I get my ganja for damn cheap and alot of it too for the price, great microbrews and wide selection from local breweries all around, my vacations are furthur shows, I think it's the best place to live if you're a deadhead that can't live on the west coast. I go back and forth to Pennsylvania to retreat to the mountains every other two months. I live in New York when the good shows are going down, and when I have school. Switching back and forth keeps it fresh and from getting stale. It gets pretty boring after a while being stuck in the middle of no where for a period of time, especially in winter. It also gets boring being stuck in the city. That's why I take the best of both worlds.

Any place that has no night sky is not a place to be. It's nice that you think that but NYC still sucks a hot tailpipe and likes the burned lips. Going to Pennsylvania is not my idea of mountains or a good time any state that produces the filth that is Philadelphia and the Flyers fans, well enough said. You have school and alternate between PA and NYC when the mood strikes you? So basically you are either a young rich college student or an old rich guy who has gone back to school in one of the most overrated cities in the country . Nobody lives in the middle of nowhere anymore in the Northeast, anyone who has driven through the western states could appreciate this, you want the best of both worlds get the hell out of that rat den. I live equidistant from Boston and NYC, have been able to drive to and from just about every Furthur show in the northeast with ease, can get to Acadia, VT, and the white mountains in under a few+ hours drive at most, Furthur still plays shows in town (literally) and the city I live in has grass and trees that aren't in parks surrounded by waste, concrete, pollution, poverty and rampant corruption and violence. Not meant to be offensive just my experience. Living in NYC is a pay-per-experience life, unless you got money to spend nobody wants anything to do with you, though I will give you it has inspired countless hours of fantastic music!!!

If you want the best of both worlds live in New York if you want the best life has to offer live somewhere else!!

Time to create page: 0.26 seconds