• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
yankeesmed
Junior Boarder

Re: CONFIRMED Summer Shows WILL be Played

#249785 1 year, 5 months ago
Dire Wolf wrote:

You said to book it as the tour is in the books? Then you titled this thread as confirmed dates then you say thats not how the rumor mill works. So basically you know nothing about anything going on this summer except that Furthur most likely will play a show somewhere. Thanks for the update big ben.

Did you read my post? I said the SHOW is in the books. I know for CERTAIN of ONE SHOW. And yes, Gratefullyjohn got it right.

Basically I know nothing? Then why would I share it here with my fellow Deadheads? What are you talking about dude?

I have zero info about summer tour, as I said. I said I have SOLID, IN CEMENT CONFIRMATION ABOUT ONE SHOW in NYC THIS SUMMER. Why the attitude? If you don't like rumors then don't entertain them. But obviously anything coming from a message board is a rumor even if I tell you I am a representative of Furthur. Until you get an official announcement, anything I say is still a rumor, dude.

But, yes, they are for certain playing where Gratefullyjohn first guessed they are playing. And it will for certain be in July. I don't know why you guys think it's going to be a problem to fill up. Anybody remember the MSG shows??
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

#249790 1 year, 5 months ago
Island Head wrote:
There is still no show scheduled at Bethel on Saturday July 13th No show booked for Sunday either

(((((Bethel Weekend)))

If I am reading the Bethel calender correctly, they are completely open from July 3 all the way up until July 18 (with the exception of July 12).

How awesome would a 3 night run be July 5,6,7 at Bethel?
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
yankeesmed
Junior Boarder

#249791 1 year, 5 months ago
Dire Wolf wrote:
Whenevr New Yorkers talk about their city they always seem to be trying to convince themselves its the best place to be. Dont worry we all believe you we just dont want to cramp your style. NYC is a great place to visit but no way in hell could you ever pay me to trade the access to interstates i have while being in the mountains and living next to a lake with horses, dogs, and farms next me all the while having access to fantastic fresh food and local breweries from farm to table to mouth. People in NYC pay top dollar at restaurants and on their vacations upstate for what i enjoy everyday. Plus their ganj is way way way way overpriced.

I live in NYC. You have absolutely no clue where I live, what it is like, or the access I have to beautiful nature. You have no clue what I do on a hot summer afternoon after work but I bet you would love it.

This isn't a pissing contest, dude. It's no secret that living in the tri-state area is pretty damn nice. So is living in the Pacific Northwest. So is living in Arizona. So is living in New Orleans. It's a beautiful world we live in.

But yeah, you have no idea, no idea where I live. No clue. So just chill out and if you want to see the beauty of this area make friends with a local from the Bronx or Queens or Westchester who will show you. And when I come to visit your farm, I'll enjoy my visit and not talk like a weird competitive person.
yankeesmed
Junior Boarder

#249793 1 year, 5 months ago
jaredlang wrote:
Island Head wrote:
There is still no show scheduled at Bethel on Saturday July 13th No show booked for Sunday either

(((((Bethel Weekend)))

If I am reading the Bethel calender correctly, they are completely open from July 3 all the way up until July 18 (with the exception of July 12).

How awesome would a 3 night run be July 5,6,7 at Bethel?

I would trade all my Cap tickets for a three night run at Bethel!! PLEASE PLAY BETHEL FURTHUR PLEASE!!!!

. . . .well maybe I would trade all but one. I gotta see the boys at the Cap
kfender
Gold Boarder

#249802 1 year, 5 months ago
I saw the Dead in the Knickerbocker Arena on Summer tour in 1992 and 1995 so it's not without precedence.They played plenty of indoor shows in the Summer back in the 80's and 90's
Gratefullyjohn
Junior Boarder
Let it ride, let it roll... LET IT ROLL

#249805 1 year, 5 months ago
Hmmm so the Barclays center it is then, so far, I like the idea of the Barclays cause that means way cheaper tickets and everyone can get in
Broken heart don't feel so bad, you ain't got half of what you thought you had
yankeesmed
Junior Boarder

#249808 1 year, 5 months ago
kfender wrote:
I saw the Dead in the Knickerbocker Arena on Summer tour in 1992 and 1995 so it's not without precedence.They played plenty of indoor shows in the Summer back in the 80's and 90's

And anyways, IF Furthur were to be playing at Barclays in July, as Gratefullyjohn so astutely guessed , it's not even necessarily about precedents with the Dead and stuff. It's also about a brand new venue in NYC that is having tons of concerts this summer. MSG doesn't do concerts in the summer, but if they did, Furthur would have played there in the summer at least once in these past few years, believe me. Now that there is an arena in NYC that does summer shows, there's an arena for Furthur to play a summer show in.

Either way, as I said, whether there was a precedent or not, I have confirmation that a summer show will be played in NYC at a venue they've never played at before. Gratefullyjohn knows which venue it is . I know nothing else about the rest of the tour, or if there even is a rest of the tour, but I know for certain that there will be at least ONE show played there. Enjoy, fans

I hope everybody else gets the show they dream of in the geographic area of their liking!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: kfender, Daisy Mae, Gratefullyjohn
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

#249814 1 year, 5 months ago
Thank you for your kind words regarding everyone getting what they would like in the way of venues.

Just off the top of my head I remember indoor shows in '83 in the summer: Minneapolis ; Madison; Boise; and Eugene.
Last Edit: 1 year, 5 months ago by Daisy Mae. Reason: brain fart
mr. nobody
Junior Boarder

#249982 1 year, 5 months ago
...and McNichols in Denver. Great indoor summer shows. Anyways, it's too bad they've waited so long to announce shows. I know 2 families from my town in CA couldn't wait any longer. Yes, we all try to include shows in our trips back east so we can get down with friends...but scheduling work, family and travelling means we need to pull the trigger in advance. I'm surprised our band's booking/ press person doesn't understand this! I would think they would want to sell tickets, but what do I know? People are making plans to get together at Phish. PHISH!!! We don't really like that but it's a place to connect w/ friends and party. Why do these Furthur organizers stall like this? It's not the old days, the suspense doesn't help, your shows don't sell out and we're not all waiting to throw away our lives for shows anymore...we have lives. It would be nice to catch some shows for sure. Why make that difficult for us? Perhaps this is a passive-aggressive way to wind down..."low volume of ticket sales= less shows=stay home more"...but you kill your own sales!
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

#250012 1 year, 5 months ago
mr. nobody wrote:
Anyways, it's too bad they've waited so long to announce shows. I know 2 families from my town in CA couldn't wait any longer. Yes, we all try to include shows in our trips back east so we can get down with friends...but scheduling work, family and travelling means we need to pull the trigger in advance. !

I'm in exactly the same boat. I'd love to get some shows in but I can't work with no time frame to go on and my job requires several months notice. If someone else requests the needed time off first, I'll be SOL.
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds