• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

Re: CONFIRMED Summer Shows WILL be Played

#249522 1 year, 3 months ago
Gratefullyjohn wrote:
Haha that's sweet if I got the Barclays call right. I hope so. And I'm not sure if the island I'm thinking of is gov island but the one in between manhattan and queens is accessible by the F train I'm not too sure if that's the venue I'm thinking but any island show in te middle of NYC would be great. But it's looking like it could be the Barclays center. I hope so I have yet to see a show there. I'm thinking Barclays. If it isn't then MCU, and if it isn't then one of the islands that can be accessed by the subway. I'm gunna say Barclays though, he said its a new venue, and that's the newest venue. I would take the word for it but with a grain of salt. My uncle is NYPD and works the Barclays events if I can see If he has a schedule with weird weekends booked in July then maybe that can confirm a little bit more but I think it's too soon.

well he said you made the call on the first page but you also guessed Governors Island on the first page, I looked it up and they have had concerts there.... isn't Barclays a big indoor venue? .... if so it doesn't seem right for summer. I was hoping he was referring to your Governors Island guess being correct

any Island would be sweet but that one looked real nice, I saw some pictures from shows there and it looked like a pretty scenic location, especially with the skyline at night and stuff.
Gratefullyjohn
Junior Boarder
Let it ride, let it roll... LET IT ROLL

#249533 1 year, 3 months ago
Oh definetly but idk about the boys playing outdoors in that hot weather. Last year it pained me to watch them play they were GREAT but they looked sickly and by that I mean they were just dying from the heat. An indoor show would them good. And he said one show so maybe just one big show at the Barclays that way they can try and sell it, then come back in the fall again, who knows, lets just wait and see what happens. I am hoping for the governors island too, but I really really want MCU again. Only time of year I will ever really make it out to Coney Island.
Broken heart don't feel so bad, you ain't got half of what you thought you had
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#249577 1 year, 3 months ago
I get some of these islands mixed up.

Randall's has a small stadium. It's the one the triboro
bridge is built on.
randallsisland.org/maps-directions/maps/randalls-island-map/

Roosevelt island is the one visible from the 59th street bridge,
accesible by tram, and a bridge from Queens.

For an outdoor show on an island Randall's makes more sense.

Governor's is not so accesible.

I'm sure there's some allure to the band to play the
new Barclay's. I've seen indoor shows in the summer,
so it's not so out of the ordinary.

We'll see.......
B-Rad
Gold Boarder

#249578 1 year, 3 months ago
Barclay's holds 19,000! And I don't know if furthur plays indoor shows in the summer. Seems unlikely to me.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#249580 1 year, 3 months ago
^ BUT if it's the only NYC show of the summer, let's say on a friday or saturday night, in a newer arena...they're selling tickets.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gratefullyjohn
mr. nobody
Junior Boarder

#249582 1 year, 3 months ago
Barclays holds 19,000. Randall Island holds 16,000 Bethel Woods holds 15,000. I don't see why anybody would think of Barclays being too big, especially for the only Summer show and on a weekend night.
deadhed4life34
Junior Boarder

#249585 1 year, 3 months ago
it will be randells or MCU park, theres no way in hell they would play indoor in the summer. its part of what they do
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#249587 1 year, 3 months ago
deadhed4life34 wrote:
it will be randells or MCU park, theres no way in hell they would play indoor in the summer. its part of what they do

don't you think after a certain age they would maybe consider doing things differently?
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#249604 1 year, 3 months ago
B-Rad wrote:
Barclay's holds 19,000! And I don't know if furthur plays indoor shows in the summer. Seems unlikely to me.

you might recall.....I think it was 2010 when Furthur played Best Buy in July. One of these shows culminated in Bobby having a momentary loss of mind during El Paso. Ring a bell?

I don't think anyone would complain about a show in a climate controlled environment when the heat index could be 100+, especially the band.
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#249631 1 year, 3 months ago
yankeesmed wrote:
AcidTestGraduate wrote:
No offense, but you post not a shred of evidence
you have credible sources.

If what you say is true, and based on your user
name I'd guess maybe the Yankees farm club's
stadium at Saint George, Staten Island and then maybe
another at MCU. No way they'd play Yankees stadium
unless it was the only northeast show this summer
and announced tomorrow.

Yea, I'm not offering up any evidence or anything. As I said that's not how the rumor mill works, sorry if it disappoints you. That would be AWESOME for them to play another ball park, but its not happening. Unless they announce more MCU shows, but I know nothing about that.

But Johnny on the first page put 2 and 2 together and came up with something that makes some sense

You said to book it as the tour is in the books? Then you titled this thread as confirmed dates then you say thats not how the rumor mill works. So basically you know nothing about anything going on this summer except that Furthur most likely will play a show somewhere. Thanks for the update big ben.
Time to create page: 0.48 seconds