• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
yankeesmed
Junior Boarder

Re: CONFIRMED Summer Shows WILL be Played

#249484 1 year ago
NobleGlassArt wrote:
Didn't bring any of the little ones with us to CO,

Unlike most, I generally don't find tour to be a place for kids. Perhaps that's because I was one of those kids in a van...

I hear you. Me being clean and all it's great to be able to share the MUSIC with my son and see his eyes light up. I know he'll appreciate that I shared something special with him when he's older. My son doesn't go on tour, but he does go with daddy to a concert at a beautiful venue in upstate New York. It was perfect.
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

#249487 1 year ago
Well, well, well. What a nice Easter surprise treasure hunt for us. I was hoping for a nice green Central Park egg in my basket instead of a grey Barclay's egg, though. It looks of a goodly size, however, and no NY'er will ever complain about the prospect of air conditioning in July. I was just recently reading about the Ringling Bros being in residence at the Barclay this year instead of the Garden due to construction and how the production company which puts on the circus now have inked a 5 year contract with Barclay's. For me hearing of the prospect of an announcement of a Central Park venue is as exciting as hearing of the prospect of a Berkeley Greek date. I get the shakes and start to sweat For me this year the salient point is not where but when.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#249491 1 year ago
Daisy Mae wrote:
Well, well, well. What a nice Easter surprise treasure hunt for us. I was hoping for a nice green Central Park egg in my basket instead of a grey Barclay's egg, though. It looks of a goodly size, however, and no NY'er will ever complain about the prospect of air conditioning in July. I was just recently reading about the Ringling Bros being in residence at the Barclay this year instead of the Garden due to construction and how the production company which puts on the circus now have inked a 5 year contract with Barclay's. For me hearing of the prospect of an announcement of a Central Park venue is as exciting as hearing of the prospect of a Berkeley Greek date. I get the shakes and start to sweat For me this year the salient point is not where but when.

when i posted about central park i was only half joking, no info on that, at all.

but, don't be so blown away if you hear about at least one night at the greek in berkeley this fall..that's what they're saying.
10 min BART ride for me!!!
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Daisy Mae
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

#249496 1 year ago
wlewis wrote:
Daisy Mae wrote:

when i posted about central park i was only half joking, no info on that, at all.

but, don't be so blown away if you hear about at least one night at the greek in berkeley this fall..that's what they're saying.

oh yeah see how you are That's ok I was only excited for a few seconds cause I read through the responses all at once. In considering the venue options common in NYC during the summer Central Park came in third in my speculations, behind Flushing Meadow Park or Forest Hills Tennis center. Never really thought it might happen, but it would be historic and very exciting.

Berkeley Greek would be out of this world.
Last Edit: 1 year ago by Daisy Mae.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#249497 1 year ago
Gratefullyjohn wrote:
Something like that or governors island I know there's a governors island. There's an island off the59th st bridge right in between queens and manhattan. I could imagine that being amazing with the skyline and all.

Governors Island looks great.... but is boat the only way out there? .... sounds fun actually, as long as they run back and forth from the island late.... but I see a big parking/ferry fee in the works, hopefully not so much
Gratefullyjohn
Junior Boarder
Let it ride, let it roll... LET IT ROLL

#249510 1 year ago
Haha that's sweet if I got the Barclays call right. I hope so. And I'm not sure if the island I'm thinking of is gov island but the one in between manhattan and queens is accessible by the F train I'm not too sure if that's the venue I'm thinking but any island show in te middle of NYC would be great. But it's looking like it could be the Barclays center. I hope so I have yet to see a show there. I'm thinking Barclays. If it isn't then MCU, and if it isn't then one of the islands that can be accessed by the subway. I'm gunna say Barclays though, he said its a new venue, and that's the newest venue. I would take the word for it but with a grain of salt. My uncle is NYPD and works the Barclays events if I can see If he has a schedule with weird weekends booked in July then maybe that can confirm a little bit more but I think it's too soon.
Broken heart don't feel so bad, you ain't got half of what you thought you had
dr bakes
Platinum Boarder
Dizzy ain't the word for the way you're makin me

#249512 1 year ago
wlewis wrote:
Daisy Mae wrote:

Berkeley Greek Furthur might have me hoppin a jet to the Promised Land. I saw 7-13-84 GD at the Greek and it made quite an impression.
Seldom turns out the way it does in a song
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

#249513 1 year ago
Gratefullyjohn wrote:
Haha that's sweet if I got the Barclays call right. I hope so. And I'm not sure if the island I'm thinking of is gov island but the one in between manhattan and queens is accessible by the F train I'm not too sure if that's the venue I'm thinking but any island show in te middle of NYC would be great. But it's looking like it could be the Barclays center. I hope so I have yet to see a show there. I'm thinking Barclays. If it isn't then MCU, and if it isn't then one of the islands that can be accessed by the subway. I'm gunna say Barclays though, he said its a new venue, and that's the newest venue. I would take the word for it but with a grain of salt. My uncle is NYPD and works the Barclays events if I can see If he has a schedule with weird weekends booked in July then maybe that can confirm a little bit more but I think it's too soon.

Are you thinking about Roosevelt Island? Would there be a venue there?
Gratefullyjohn
Junior Boarder

#249516 1 year ago
Oh wait I am thinking of that, maybe there isn't a venue there. I might have gotten it confused with governors island or wherever they had the catalpa music fest.
Gratefullyjohn
Junior Boarder

#249517 1 year ago
Randall's island that's where the catalpa fest was at. You can take a ferry there, drive, walk, or take an MTA bus that connects to the 4,5,6 lines
Time to create page: 0.53 seconds