yankeesmed
Junior Boarder

Re: CONFIRMED Summer Shows WILL be Played

#249469 1 year, 5 months ago
AcidTestGraduate wrote:
yankeesmed wrote:
NobleGlassArt wrote:
NobleGlassArt wrote:
NE in general is my least favorite leg of most tours.

West coast/ midwest

My buddy from manhattan forgot about the sale date, then dropped 2 grand on 4 tickets. That type of thing alone is enough to keep me away.

I never said anywhere "sucked"

I said least favorite. I've been there enough for shows, to know that the logistics make it less enjoyable, for me, personally.

For the record, I'm happy that they're playing ten nights anywhere.

Yeah, I understand. I always wonder what New York is like to those who don't live here. It really must suck because of that logistics factor. I couldn't imagine having to come here without a place to stay and figure out doing a 3 night run or something. I hope you have a friend or something you can crash with! NYC really is a nice place to live, but from the view the tourists and visitors get of it, it would make me want to puke too.

Make you want to puke? NYC continues to grow in population on account of all the new arrivals. Who wouldn't want to live in a sterile mega city with a nanny mayor, Duane Read, BofA, and Starbucks on every other corner. Oh, and let's not forget 3,000/month for a studio apartment. Sign me up!

Umm where I live is far from "sterile," there is no Starbucks or Duane Reade and my Studio Apartment is cheap-0 and has a view of the sunrise over the long island sound. You would LOVE it, I promise. Nothing is all-or-none, you should know that. There's has to be ugliness for there to be beauty. NYC is a great place to live. Now I would never live (or even trek, for that matter) to the places where most of the tourists stay, but I'm not gonna call the whole city a bad place because it has a few Starbucks.
yankeesmed
Junior Boarder

#249470 1 year, 5 months ago
CosmicCookie wrote:
((((((Barclays Center))))))))
yankeesmed
Junior Boarder

#249473 1 year, 5 months ago
CosmicCookie wrote:
this isn't news is it? theres going to be a tour in July on the east coast, no shit they'll play NYC thats where the money is

It's news to me, CosmicCookie. I follow this band pretty hard and I don't take any tour for granted. There's no law that says Furthur must play a summer tour. The boys are getting old and are doing a lot with their respective projects, playing festivals, TxR, TRI, Ratdog, P&F, etc. So yes, it is good news to hear that this incarnation will still be playing in the summer. Because as much as I love P&F and Ratdog, I've REALLY been loving seeing this tight-knit Furthur group grow and progress over the past few years.
yankeesmed
Junior Boarder

#249474 1 year, 5 months ago
NobleGlassArt wrote:
That's kind, and I'm grateful.

Though I think I'll be doing a couch tour for this one

See you this summer though

Enjoy! Couch tour is amazing. I can't believe how happy a sometimes-choppy stream can make me. It's really changed everything. We are so lucky! See you in the summer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NobleGlassArt
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#249475 1 year, 5 months ago
yankeesmed wrote:
AcidTestGraduate wrote:
yankeesmed wrote:
NobleGlassArt wrote:
NobleGlassArt wrote:
NE in general is my least favorite leg of most tours.

West coast/ midwest

My buddy from manhattan forgot about the sale date, then dropped 2 grand on 4 tickets. That type of thing alone is enough to keep me away.

I never said anywhere "sucked"

I said least favorite. I've been there enough for shows, to know that the logistics make it less enjoyable, for me, personally.

For the record, I'm happy that they're playing ten nights anywhere.

Yeah, I understand. I always wonder what New York is like to those who don't live here. It really must suck because of that logistics factor. I couldn't imagine having to come here without a place to stay and figure out doing a 3 night run or something. I hope you have a friend or something you can crash with! NYC really is a nice place to live, but from the view the tourists and visitors get of it, it would make me want to puke too.

Make you want to puke? NYC continues to grow in population on account of all the new arrivals. Who wouldn't want to live in a sterile mega city with a nanny mayor, Duane Read, BofA, and Starbucks on every other corner. Oh, and let's not forget 3,000/month for a studio apartment. Sign me up!

Umm where I live is far from "sterile," there is no Starbucks or Duane Reade and my Studio Apartment is cheap-0 and has a view of the sunrise over the long island sound. You would LOVE it, I promise. Nothing is all-or-none, you should know that. There's has to be ugliness for there to be beauty. NYC is a great place to live. Now I would never live (or even trek, for that matter) to the places where most of the tourists stay, but I'm not gonna call the whole city a bad place because it has a few Starbucks.

I know a bit about your city. I was referring to where the tourists go, which is 96th street down to South Ferry, and that is pretty darn sterile, much like I described. They get lured to the city and if they don't have the funds wind up living in Throg's neck, Forrest hills, or Bushwick which are not sterile neighborhoods. Your having a view of Long Island sound leads me to believe you are only paying 1,500/month for your studio
and btw , NYC has more than a FEW Starbucks
yankeesmed
Junior Boarder

#249476 1 year, 5 months ago
AcidTestGraduate wrote:

NYC has more than a FEW Starbucks

OK you win
yankeesmed
Junior Boarder

#249479 1 year, 5 months ago
NobleGlassArt wrote:
yankeesmed wrote:

It's tough for me now that I have people I have to bring along for the ride (family), not so much financially but physically.

And yeah, dragging my whole family through NYC hopping trains and catching cabs is daunting to say the least.

I'm still young, so a solo trip to NYC for furthur is in my future, but I can't do every run

If you ever have the chance, bring your little ones to Bethel. I brought my little boy to Bethel last year, just me and him, and it was the best thing I ever did. That venue is designed for a family show. He was dancing barefoot crazy the whole time and at the end of first set was all like "dada look a rainbow!!!" Perfect setting. I hope every parent could share something so beautiful with their little ones. Most shows I would not take my kid to, but Bethel is the place for me and my little guy every year. Rear lawn where all the other little kids are at.
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#249481 1 year, 5 months ago
Here's to another week of waiting for an announcement
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#249482 1 year, 5 months ago
just to add something to the being able to get tickets factor...

There were at least 2 instances where a limited amount of Cap tickets were released for the first 8 shows that were announced, after the original on sale... the first and 2nd weekend after the announcement they put some back on sale threw the venue. Then this past tuesday they re-released tickets for the newly announced opening night, when I was finally able to grab mine (because I didn't give up looking).... I won't be surprised (am actually expecting it) if they do this again for all the shows, and possibly make it Will Call pick up only if there's no time to mail tickets

I posted several times that this was gonna happen, warning people and telling them to look out.... the tickets may not have been around for hours at a time but the chances were there to get in at face value.... I only knew (actually assumed) because they did the same thing for the Phil shows, including another release that was Will Call only real close to the shows (which is why I expect it again)

also the 20 minute on sale period for fri/sat I guarentee was much longer then the fri/sat Beacon shows were on sale for .... IMO it was a huge favor to the fans to release tickets for the Cap the way they did.... but that's just my 2 cents.
Last Edit: 1 year, 5 months ago by MushroomMan.
NobleGlassArt
Gold Boarder

#249483 1 year, 5 months ago
Didn't bring any of the little ones with us to CO,

Unlike most, I generally don't find tour to be a place for kids. Perhaps that's because I was one of those kids in a van...
Twenty-seven years of nothing but failures and promises that I couldn't keep
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds