• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

Re: CONFIRMED Summer Shows WILL be Played

#249458 1 year, 7 months ago
Island Head wrote:
wlewis wrote:
randall's island is another outdoor venue in nyc right? never been there. i think they hold festivals or something.

Looks like a pretty cool place to see a show

gb.jpg

Looks great, and Randall's island is a nice spot. I'll have a canoe rental concession right under the 59th st. bridge so you have an easy way to get there. Otherwise it's the gondola or go across the bridge in Queens.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Island Head
CosmicCookie
Senior Boarder
Its dizzying, the possibilities...

#249459 1 year, 7 months ago
this isn't news is it? theres going to be a tour in July on the east coast, no shit they'll play NYC thats where the money is
Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don't be sorry
yankeesmed
Junior Boarder

#249460 1 year, 7 months ago
NobleGlassArt wrote:
NobleGlassArt wrote:
NE in general is my least favorite leg of most tours.

West coast/ midwest

My buddy from manhattan forgot about the sale date, then dropped 2 grand on 4 tickets. That type of thing alone is enough to keep me away.

I never said anywhere "sucked"

I said least favorite. I've been there enough for shows, to know that the logistics make it less enjoyable, for me, personally.

For the record, I'm happy that they're playing ten nights anywhere.

Yeah, I understand. I always wonder what New York is like to those who don't live here. It really must suck because of that logistics factor. I couldn't imagine having to come here without a place to stay and figure out doing a 3 night run or something. I hope you have a friend or something you can crash with! NYC really is a nice place to live, but from the view the tourists and visitors get of it, it would make me want to puke too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NobleGlassArt
NobleGlassArt
Gold Boarder

#249461 1 year, 7 months ago
To the people complaining, I understand we head a ton of rumors that go no where, but why all the negativity?

To Yankeesmed, got a couple extras?
Twenty-seven years of nothing but failures and promises that I couldn't keep
yankeesmed
Junior Boarder

#249463 1 year, 7 months ago
AcidTestGraduate wrote:
Island Head wrote:
wlewis wrote:
randall's island is another outdoor venue in nyc right? never been there. i think they hold festivals or something.

Looks like a pretty cool place to see a show

gb.jpg

Looks great, and Randall's island is a nice spot. I'll have a canoe rental concession right under the 59th st. bridge so you have an easy way to get there. Otherwise it's the gondola or go across the bridge in Queens.

This would be cool, but it's not the spot. Gratefullyjohn knows where one confirmed NYC show is gonna be though so check with him.
NobleGlassArt
Gold Boarder

#249464 1 year, 7 months ago
yankeesmed wrote:

Yeah, I understand. I always wonder what New York is like to those who don't live here. It really must suck because of that logistics factor. I couldn't imagine having to come here without a place to stay and figure out doing a 3 night run or something. I hope you have a friend or something you can crash with! NYC really is a nice place to live, but from the view the tourists and visitors get of it, it would make me want to puke too.

It's tough for me now that I have people I have to bring along for the ride (family), not so much financially but physically.

And yeah, dragging my whole family through NYC hopping trains and catching cabs is daunting to say the least.

I'm still young, so a solo trip to NYC for furthur is in my future, but I can't do every run
Twenty-seven years of nothing but failures and promises that I couldn't keep
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#249465 1 year, 7 months ago
yankeesmed wrote:
NobleGlassArt wrote:
NobleGlassArt wrote:
NE in general is my least favorite leg of most tours.

West coast/ midwest

My buddy from manhattan forgot about the sale date, then dropped 2 grand on 4 tickets. That type of thing alone is enough to keep me away.

I never said anywhere "sucked"

I said least favorite. I've been there enough for shows, to know that the logistics make it less enjoyable, for me, personally.

For the record, I'm happy that they're playing ten nights anywhere.

Make you want to puke? NYC continues to grow in population on account of all the new arrivals. Who wouldn't want to live in a sterile mega city with a nanny mayor, Duane Read, BofA, and Starbucks on every other corner. Oh, and let's not forget 3,000/month for a studio apartment. Sign me up!
yankeesmed
Junior Boarder

#249466 1 year, 7 months ago
NobleGlassArt wrote:
To the people complaining, I understand we head a ton of rumors that go no where, but why all the negativity?

To Yankeesmed, got a couple extras?

At the very most, I might have 1 extra for 4/21, 1 extra for 4/23, and one extra for 4/16. That's in order of likelihood and it all depends on people bailing (which they usually do). So if you need a 4/21 I can PM for sure if it is available. It wouldn't be certain till 4/20 or 4/21 though, so sorry if that doesn't help you.
CosmicCookie
Senior Boarder
Its dizzying, the possibilities...

#249467 1 year, 7 months ago
((((((Barclays Center))))))))
Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don't be sorry
NobleGlassArt
Gold Boarder

#249468 1 year, 7 months ago
That's kind, and I'm grateful.