• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
yankeesmed
Junior Boarder
Posts:82

Re: CONFIRMED Summer Shows WILL be Played

#249435 1 year ago
AcidTestGraduate wrote:
No offense, but you post not a shred of evidence
you have credible sources.

If what you say is true, and based on your user
name I'd guess maybe the Yankees farm club's
stadium at Saint George, Staten Island and then maybe
another at MCU. No way they'd play Yankees stadium
unless it was the only northeast show this summer
and announced tomorrow.


Yea, I'm not offering up any evidence or anything. As I said that's not how the rumor mill works, sorry if it disappoints you. That would be AWESOME for them to play another ball park, but its not happening. Unless they announce more MCU shows, but I know nothing about that.

But Johnny on the first page put 2 and 2 together and came up with something that makes some sense
NobleGlassArt
Gold Boarder
Posts:1061

Re: CONFIRMED Summer Shows WILL be Played

#249436 1 year ago
NE in general is my least favorite leg of most tours.

West coast/ midwest

My buddy from manhattan forgot about the sale date, then dropped 2 grand on 4 tickets. That type of thing alone is enough to keep me away.
Twenty-seven years of nothing but failures and promises that I couldn't keep
yankeesmed
Junior Boarder
Posts:82

Re: CONFIRMED Summer Shows WILL be Played

#249438 1 year ago
NobleGlassArt wrote:
NE in general is my least favorite leg of most tours.

West coast/ midwest

My buddy from manhattan forgot about the sale date, then dropped 2 grand on 4 tickets. That type of thing alone is enough to keep me away.


You can ALWAYS get tickets if you want them. For the capitol run, there were tickets to each show, including Saturday for more than 20 minutes after the announcement. And if you are dropping 2 grand on 4 tickets that's just because you can afford it, I guess. There's no need for that. You can always get tickets. Always. Even for the Beacon run, you could get tix at face for the non-premier nights. It's just Friday and Saturday that are the real tough ones.

When they play places like MSG or MCU it's always a good time, tix are cheap, and I don't know what exactly is "keeping you away." The shows are good everywhere, man. Not really understanding the NYC hate at all. I will go ahead and assume it is misplaced jealousy, which I can completely understand, btw.

I was so jealous of the West Coast when they got that fall tour last year. So I looked at my bank account, saw all zeros and said fuck. Then I looked at my credit card, found some room to fit a plane ticket and some concert tickets and flew out and saw the band that I love. No biggie man. If they play the Midwest instead of NYC, I'll do the same damn thing instead of saying how much the midwest sucks. In fact, Wisconsin is beautiful!!! Alpine would be awesome!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: patchmyfurthur
Carl
Junior Boarder
Posts:165

Re: CONFIRMED Summer Shows WILL be Played

#249444 1 year ago
yankeesmed wrote:
NobleGlassArt wrote:
NE in general is my least favorite leg of most tours.

West coast/ midwest

My buddy from manhattan forgot about the sale date, then dropped 2 grand on 4 tickets. That type of thing alone is enough to keep me away.


You can ALWAYS get tickets if you want them. For the capitol run, there were tickets to each show, including Saturday for more than 20 minutes after the announcement. And if you are dropping 2 grand on 4 tickets that's just because you can afford it, I guess. There's no need for that. You can always get tickets. Always. Even for the Beacon run, you could get tix at face for the non-premier nights. It's just Friday and Saturday that are the real tough ones.

When they play places like MSG or MCU it's always a good time, tix are cheap, and I don't know what exactly is "keeping you away." The shows are good everywhere, man. Not really understanding the NYC hate at all. I will go ahead and assume it is misplaced jealousy, which I can completely understand, btw.

I was so jealous of the West Coast when they got that fall tour last year. So I looked at my bank account, saw all zeros and said fuck. Then I looked at my credit card, found some room to fit a plane ticket and some concert tickets and flew out and saw the band that I love. No biggie man. If they play the Midwest instead of NYC, I'll do the same damn thing instead of saying how much the midwest sucks. In fact, Wisconsin is beautiful!!! Alpine would be awesome!!!



"You can always get tickets...tix were availible for fri and sat for more than 20 minutes after the announcement..." you call a 20 minute window ALWAYS being able to get tix??? yea i guess you are right, if you have no other responsibilities you can always get tix lol
Carl
Junior Boarder
Posts:165

Re: CONFIRMED Summer Shows WILL be Played

#249445 1 year ago
and btw, Furthur will be playing at least one show on the west coast over a three month span in 2014, i cant blow up anyones spot, but, book it
The following user(s) said Thank You: patchmyfurthur
yankeesmed
Junior Boarder
Posts:82

Re: CONFIRMED Summer Shows WILL be Played

#249450 1 year ago
Carl wrote:
yankeesmed wrote:
NobleGlassArt wrote:
NE in general is my least favorite leg of most tours.

West coast/ midwest

My buddy from manhattan forgot about the sale date, then dropped 2 grand on 4 tickets. That type of thing alone is enough to keep me away.


You can ALWAYS get tickets if you want them. For the capitol run, there were tickets to each show, including Saturday for more than 20 minutes after the announcement. And if you are dropping 2 grand on 4 tickets that's just because you can afford it, I guess. There's no need for that. You can always get tickets. Always. Even for the Beacon run, you could get tix at face for the non-premier nights. It's just Friday and Saturday that are the real tough ones.

When they play places like MSG or MCU it's always a good time, tix are cheap, and I don't know what exactly is "keeping you away." The shows are good everywhere, man. Not really understanding the NYC hate at all. I will go ahead and assume it is misplaced jealousy, which I can completely understand, btw.

I was so jealous of the West Coast when they got that fall tour last year. So I looked at my bank account, saw all zeros and said fuck. Then I looked at my credit card, found some room to fit a plane ticket and some concert tickets and flew out and saw the band that I love. No biggie man. If they play the Midwest instead of NYC, I'll do the same damn thing instead of saying how much the midwest sucks. In fact, Wisconsin is beautiful!!! Alpine would be awesome!!!



"You can always get tickets...tix were availible for fri and sat for more than 20 minutes after the announcement..." you call a 20 minute window ALWAYS being able to get tix??? yea i guess you are right, if you have no other responsibilities you can always get tix lol


20 minute window for Saturday. There was well over an hour for the weekday shows. I have a ton, TON, TOOOOON of responsibilities between little ones and professional responsibilities, etc. But being that I FUCKING LOVE seeing this band, I makes sure that I am ALWAYS on top of my shit. You get yourself on every mailing list, etc. So when that email comes in, I don't care what the fuck you are doing, you go on that phone or computer and buy yourself at least a single to one night.

Yes, Carl, unless you were Pope Francis getting coronated that day or something like that, if you didn't get 1 ticket to one of the Cap shows, you were either broke or weren't trying. Or you were clueless. None of these are bad things, by the way. It's just the way it goes. And it's always been that way, nothing's new. I made a decision a while ago that I will never get shut out of a show that I want to go to, so I am on top of my shows. If you don't want to be shut out, be on top of your shows too. There was ample time to get tickets to these shows. Ample. I had a busy day that day, too. And if I had no access to a computer, I would have called someone and told them to pull me a few tickets to any night they could.

And if I got shut out, then I would have STILL gotten tickets eventually, because you can ALWAYS get tickets and you DON'T have to spend 2000 on tickets. Unless you want to spend that much, of course.
yankeesmed
Junior Boarder
Posts:82

Re: CONFIRMED Summer Shows WILL be Played

#249453 1 year ago
Carl wrote:
and btw, Furthur will be playing at least one show on the west coast over a three month span in 2014, i cant blow up anyones spot, but, book it


Your sarcasm is lame. I am not being that vague man. If you don't live in NYC then I guess you don't care but to me it is huge to have it locked in that they are playing in NYC in the summer once again.

We can't take these shows for granted anymore. Any run could be the last. So when I hear a 9 day run at the Cap I wonder if that means there will be no summer run in NYC. When I hear Phil and Friends at GoTV and Ratdog at Peach I wonder if it means Furthur is taking a break for the summer. I know it's not a huge development or anything new that they are playing in the summer in NYC, but how sad would it be if they weren't playing anymore in the summer? Getting the confirmation that they were playing this summer was very calming and exciting for me at the same time.

So I'm not giving you some vague shit just to say it man. It's reassuring to me to know that Furthur will be playing in the summer in NYC. At a new venue. Ask Gratefullyjohn for more info .
The following user(s) said Thank You: patchmyfurthur
Island Head
Platinum Boarder
Posts:4787

Re: CONFIRMED Summer Shows WILL be Played

#249454 1 year ago
wlewis wrote:
randall's island is another outdoor venue in nyc right? never been there. i think they hold festivals or something.


Looks like a pretty cool place to see a show

gb.jpg
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1497

Re: CONFIRMED Summer Shows WILL be Played

#249455 1 year ago
Carl wrote:
and btw, Furthur will be playing at least one show on the west coast over a three month span in 2014, i cant blow up anyones spot, but, book it


for God's sake, DO NOT blow up anyones spot. Wtf does that mean anyway?
NobleGlassArt
Gold Boarder
Posts:1061

Re: CONFIRMED Summer Shows WILL be Played

#249457 1 year ago
NobleGlassArt wrote:
NE in general is my least favorite leg of most tours.

West coast/ midwest

My buddy from manhattan forgot about the sale date, then dropped 2 grand on 4 tickets. That type of thing alone is enough to keep me away.


I never said anywhere "sucked"

I said least favorite. I've been there enough for shows, to know that the logistics make it less enjoyable, for me, personally.

For the record, I'm happy that they're playing ten nights anywhere.
Twenty-seven years of nothing but failures and promises that I couldn't keep
Time to create page: 0.54 seconds