• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
yankeesmed
Junior Boarder

Re: CONFIRMED Summer Shows WILL be Played

#251509 1 year, 5 months ago
RowTimmy wrote:
Here's what I'm hearing. Bobby will headline with ABB and Phil will tour with P&F this summer.

We all already knew this. Bobby is headlining with ABB at Peach and Phil is Doing a few Festivals with P&F. That's where you're hearing that from.
B-Rad
Gold Boarder

#251513 1 year, 5 months ago
They will probably move east after All Good and do Barclay's end of July iso they can have Justin Beiber sit in (he is playing there on the 2rd).

Actually a late July into Aug tour would mean they are not that far behind on the announcement.
B-Rad
Gold Boarder

#251514 1 year, 5 months ago
This would actually make sense (not the Bieber part). Play a block of shows between All Good and Peach with Vibes in the middle (for Phil). All told about three weeks there to play various spots in the east and midwest.
Zipster
Platinum Boarder
Smile, Smile, Smile

#251516 1 year, 5 months ago
The Summer Tour will be announced during the Port Chester Shows, and of course they will play about ten shows over two weeks just like normal. OH !!! This will not happen if somebody is ill or the Earth ends. But chances are if the money flows the shows will also...Love and Peace Zip
The following user(s) said Thank You: kevin, SunshineSue
RowTimmy
Senior Boarder

#251528 1 year, 5 months ago
B-Rad wrote:
RowTimmy wrote:
Here's what I'm hearing. Bobby will headline with ABB and Phil will tour with P&F this summer.

If this is true than it has nothing to do with their age and lack of want to tour but only that they don't want to play as Furthur as much any more. Could very well be. Personally I with they would focus more on the obscure tunes again. If they never played another Help>Slip>Frank or Scarlet>Fire it would be fine with me.

I dont believe that "they" dont want to play as furthur as much any more. Phil has told me after the Broomfield shows that he is very happy with where furthur is at and he really loves that band. I just think that they enjoy other combinations and need to explore them when the time permits. I hear Phil has committed John Scofield for at least 7 shows this summer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nycdave, Strider1
B-Rad
Gold Boarder

#251611 1 year, 5 months ago
Well the glass is both half full and half empty. Deciding to tour less with furthur and more with others means both...they want to play with others and less with furthur.

My point was more to combat the idea that Phil and Bobby are retiring because they are old. I think it would be very hard on them to stop after nearly 50 years. Also all the love we give them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gratefullyjohn
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds