• Topics not covered in other forums.
spring mountain high
Senior Boarder

Re: CONFIRMED Summer Shows WILL be Played

#250306 1 year, 6 months ago
Dire Wolf wrote:
Gratefullyjohn wrote:
Dire Wolf wrote:
Whenevr New Yorkers talk about their city they always seem to be trying to convince themselves its the best place to be. Dont worry we all believe you we just dont want to cramp your style. NYC is a great place to visit but no way in hell could you ever pay me to trade the access to interstates i have while being in the mountains and living next to a lake with horses, dogs, and farms next me all the while having access to fantastic fresh food and local breweries from farm to table to mouth. People in NYC pay top dollar at restaurants and on their vacations upstate for what i enjoy everyday. Plus their ganj is way way way way overpriced.

I'm from New York, I don't eat the over priced food, I get my ganja for damn cheap and alot of it too for the price, great microbrews and wide selection from local breweries all around, my vacations are furthur shows, I think it's the best place to live if you're a deadhead that can't live on the west coast. I go back and forth to Pennsylvania to retreat to the mountains every other two months. I live in New York when the good shows are going down, and when I have school. Switching back and forth keeps it fresh and from getting stale. It gets pretty boring after a while being stuck in the middle of no where for a period of time, especially in winter. It also gets boring being stuck in the city. That's why I take the best of both worlds.

Any place that has no night sky is not a place to be. It's nice that you think that but NYC still sucks a hot tailpipe and likes the burned lips. Going to Pennsylvania is not my idea of mountains or a good time any state that produces the filth that is Philadelphia and the Flyers fans, well enough said. You have school and alternate between PA and NYC when the mood strikes you? So basically you are either a young rich college student or an old rich guy who has gone back to school in one of the most overrated cities in the country . Nobody lives in the middle of nowhere anymore in the Northeast, anyone who has driven through the western states could appreciate this, you want the best of both worlds get the hell out of that rat den. I live equidistant from Boston and NYC, have been able to drive to and from just about every Furthur show in the northeast with ease, can get to Acadia, VT, and the white mountains in under a few+ hours drive at most, Furthur still plays shows in town (literally) and the city I live in has grass and trees that aren't in parks surrounded by waste, concrete, pollution, poverty and rampant corruption and violence. Not meant to be offensive just my experience. Living in NYC is a pay-per-experience life, unless you got money to spend nobody wants anything to do with you, though I will give you it has inspired countless hours of fantastic music!!!

If you want the best of both worlds live in New York if you want the best life has to offer live somewhere else!!

Whenevr people form the suburbs talk about their town they always seem to be trying to convince themselves its the best place to be. Dont worry we all believe you we just dont want to cramp your style.
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#250310 1 year, 6 months ago
I don't live in the suburbs sorry to disappoint you friend. Believe me the fewer New Yorkers that want to be anywhere that I am the better. I live on horse farm in western mass, hardly the suburbs. My avatar is a picture of the valley I live in. Come visit sometime I'll show you around.
Last Edit: 1 year, 6 months ago by Dire Wolf. Reason: tomfoolery
B-Rad
Gold Boarder

#250311 1 year, 6 months ago
And people from NYC never, ever talk about their city as the best place in the world...come on! I agree with the idea that the city is kinda harsh but not the approach. Why state your displeasure at all? Can't different folks like different places to live?
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#250313 1 year, 6 months ago
yeah you are right i just can't stand New Yorkers, I think that's what it comes down to. And to boot I'm bored and felt like ruffling feathers, sorry haven't had my morning yerba Mate yet. I'll report back in better standing after a gourd and a smoke.
Last Edit: 1 year, 6 months ago by Dire Wolf. Reason: got the ways and means but just won't let you be
mr. nobody
Junior Boarder

#250352 1 year, 6 months ago
Ha Ha! That's always a funny subject! City vs. Country....I love visiting the city, or the east coast for that matter. Just like I love my New York City friends- for a few days! Then I gotta run home to the woods, where I eventually get bored. It's great we get to experience the diversity. I only get pissed when anybody says we need to turn it all into one kind because that kind's best. Like city people wanting to shitify my county....Anyways...Wish they'd fucking announce some summer shows! I need to plan my annual east coast reality check by this weekend and it sure would be nice to include a few shows. What the hell are they doing over there in the office?! I'd like to think there's a reason for this lag but...it doesn't make sense from any perspective- heads, performers, money, convenience...Hope everyone's healthy! If that's the reason for a stall I understand, agree and apologize. But if not...what the hell?!
spring mountain high
Senior Boarder

#250356 1 year, 6 months ago
Dire Wolf wrote:
I don't live in the suburbs sorry to disappoint you friend. Believe me the fewer New Yorkers that want to be anywhere that I am the better. I live on horse farm in western mass, hardly the suburbs. My avatar is a picture of the valley I live in. Come visit sometime I'll show you around.

if, as you stated, you live equidistant from boston and new york, then you live in the suburbs...sorry to break it to you

it's cool though...the 'burbs can be nice, especially when they have a more rural flavor like yours...i live in a similar area outside the city of filtydelphia...we have rolling hills, farms, even a few ski areas close by, but i don't try to delude myself into thinking it aint the suburbs
Last Edit: 1 year, 6 months ago by spring mountain high.
Gratefullyjohn
Junior Boarder
Let it ride, let it roll... LET IT ROLL

#250380 1 year, 6 months ago
Lol I'm not rich at all I just have family and friends in both states so I go back and forth. Idk what has offended you so much to rant and rave like that haha, I can care less whether you like New Yorkers or not cause you're just stereotyping, you have no idea who I am or what I'm about. And there are plenty of mountains and woods in PA I'm not talking about Philadelphia haha have you ever been in pa you're in a giant forest I think it's something like 65% of PA is all forests

And the city is pretty cool I'm born and raised here, ended up moving to PA then back to New York, so when I visit PA I stay for 2 weeks to 2 months at at time cause my friends welcome me in with open arms, how can you say there isn't a good time ? I wouldn't keep going back

I would hate living in an area that produces a filth of a person to judge a whole city and it's people on personal experiences, as well as bash an entire state and it's people because they don't like a team, but then again I "hate" all north easterners in that case cause of my hatred for the Red Sox, bruins, and patriots. (Sorry if I offend, but it's all fun and games )
Broken heart don't feel so bad, you ain't got half of what you thought you had
Last Edit: 1 year, 6 months ago by Gratefullyjohn.
mr. nobody
Junior Boarder

#250593 1 year, 6 months ago
Okay, Cool! I finally get it! There will be no summer tour. The people at the office are genius. They waited to see how popular the shows at The Capitol Theatre are, monitoring StubHub sales. Did anyone notice those tickets keep coming down in price? Yeah, other than the weekend you can get tickets for almost original cost. At a theatre as beautiful and SMALL as The Cap?! It's over, no real demand for this band anymore. They are smart to stay away from the sheds. Maybe look at some 3000 capacity places or just stay home. I guess planning their tours w/ that crazy routing to make them impossible to follow really paid off! Nobody's interested much. We can all relax, stay home and watch it on TV from Terrapin and Sweetwater. Sure was fun while it lasted!
direwolflove222
Senior Boarder
Its an obsession but its pleasing

#250604 1 year, 6 months ago
When did they announce the summer dates last year??? Im pretty sure they announced the Fall dates while I was at the Beacon
eight-sided whispering hallelujah hat rack
bxorain
Senior Boarder

#250610 1 year, 6 months ago
mr. nobody wrote:
Okay, Cool! I finally get it! There will be no summer tour. The people at the office are genius. They waited to see how popular the shows at The Capitol Theatre are, monitoring StubHub sales. Did anyone notice those tickets keep coming down in price? Yeah, other than the weekend you can get tickets for almost original cost. At a theatre as beautiful and SMALL as The Cap?! It's over, no real demand for this band anymore. They are smart to stay away from the sheds. Maybe look at some 3000 capacity places or just stay home. I guess planning their tours w/ that crazy routing to make them impossible to follow really paid off! Nobody's interested much. We can all relax, stay home and watch it on TV from Terrapin and Sweetwater. Sure was fun while it lasted!

Foolish Heart
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds