• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Cornjulio
Junior Boarder

Build It And They Will Come Tour? Pefect 4 Furthur

#24884 3 years, 2 months ago
Interesting article in the NY Times about a bunch of towns that are stuck with mid size arenas and are taking a financial bath that were supposed to be the Center of a new community. Just like Broomfield
i
Most of the arenas are 6k or so.

Seems pefect for the band to set up a few multi night runs with towns that really need the business. Authorized Shakedowns like Binghamton could probably be set up too.

www.nytimes.com/2011/05/17/sports/a-comp...?_r=1&ref=sports
The following user(s) said Thank You: DeadHead420
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

Re: Build It And They Will Come Tour? Pefect 4 Furthur

#24887 3 years, 2 months ago
sounds like a good idea,problem is the shortage of disposable income last year the ticket /concert buisness was slammed.inflation is rising so gas and food cost more.do like the idea of multiple nites in one spotto cut down on travel costs.just finished the srticle the town shoulda built a monorail instead."monorail....."
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Last Edit: 3 years, 2 months ago by 83msg1sttyme.
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
we gonna stay here til we soothe our souls

#24924 3 years, 2 months ago
not to mention all the perfectly good pre existing places that have been torn down ( like Richfield, Polaris and Cleve. Muni. Stadium ) or sit empty most of the time (Like the Ohio Center)
Developers are scam artists
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#24947 3 years, 2 months ago
Gee, betting your chips on the success of low-level minor league hockey in towns where the average temperature is 99 degrees.

Sounds, like a good business model to me.

Fools ran these towns, and the owners of Global Enterprise should be stripped to their BVDs.
ratdogfreak
Junior Boarder

#25080 3 years, 2 months ago
i didn't read tha article (but i will) but i agree with the op statement. some of the most fun i hever had at shows was when they took me to places that weren't the "normal" places to play. all those minor league baseball stadiums that dylan plays and weird middle of nowhere venues in the west. there are tons of great places that a mid sized band could play and you are right it would help the local economy to have events, rather than leave these places empty. plus as i see with dylan shows when you go to a weird place like the abandoned greyhound park in post falls idaho tons of locals show up just because there is finally some entertainment in their area. so you may actually pull more people in these secondary markets.
"a short while back the door flung wide
we all saw good luck on the other side
the door blew shut but here's the deal
dreams are lies, it's the dreaming that's real"
Time to create page: 0.41 seconds