• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Griff
Expert Boarder
Don't you see........

Re: Tell Me Something Good!!

#281339 1 year, 1 month ago
^^^^^ Thanks. Best part is the fun time we have together!!!

I am actually really excited about pro football this year. I kinda burned out on the Seahawks and pro football around 1991 after going to the first 15 Seahawk seasons with my dad with his seasons tickets.

It took me like 3 or 4 years to get to the new stadium in Seattle but I did go to the 2005 playoff game that took us to the Superbowl, but haven't been back since.

Yet like my experience over the last 5 years where my deep love the GD music has been revitalized, I sense my love of pro football returning too. And the Hawks look like they may be a pretty good team this year.
Wiggsdannyboy
Junior Boarder

#281343 1 year, 1 month ago
I re-discovered this board today and was reminded that not everything on the internet is crude and negative.
I was having a pretty shitty day b/c I'm getting a cold and was really stressed about work. I took a lil break at work and went to a phish message board that i've been using for years and was overwhelmed by all the negativity I saw there. Then i came on here for the first time in a good while and this thread really brightened my day.
Thanks, everyone. And keep it up!
"Euphoria is having no idea who you are and not caring, ectasy is knowing exactly who you are... and still not caring." -Tom Robbins

"Don't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea"
Uncle Ron
Sweet Ann Marie
Junior Boarder
My heart is like a wheel, let me roll it to you.

#281396 1 year, 1 month ago
started my packing to change buildings here at work and I am offically exactly 20 days from my vacation, which leads right into the last seven shows of Furthur Fall Tour...
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free
Silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands
With all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves
Let me forget about today until tomorrow
The following user(s) said Thank You: nycdave, RowTimmy
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#281420 1 year, 1 month ago
Definitely my Internet happy place!
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
skidoo
Gold Boarder
skidoo, skidoo.....ski-doo doo doodlie doo doo doo

#282415 1 year, 1 month ago
66slim wrote:
skidoo wrote:
skidoo wrote:
my b cell culture looks marvelous. flow sort for resting b cells, then plate on NIH3T3tCD40L cells (200K cells per well of a 6 well plate). split every 3rd day. culture in DMEM F12 supplemented with insulin and IL-4. you end up with activated b cells expressing CD62L, CD83, CD86. they grow like gangbusters!

now to use this as antigen-presenting cells to detect antigen-specific T cells........

and it is spring here in Seattle, beautiful night last night. had a moonlight picnic down at The Cut.

check out this expansion of antigen-specific t cells. bulk t cells from whole blood were stimulated with cultured B cells (described above) pulsed with 9mer and 40mer peptides (from HIV envelope gp120....the V2 "crown"). unpulsed cultured B cells as a control. the t cells were cultured with the B cells for 8 days (supplemented with IL-2,7,15 days 3,5, and 7). at the end the t cells were stained with a tetramer containing the red peptide sequence. i used HLA matched HIV seronegative t cells as a control to test for de novo reactivity (there was none...pretty clean "background"). we are now writing a grant to get more wayne cashman so we can do more experiments. we think we will be able to detect t cells responses in vaccine trials with this assay and "map" t cell responses in natural history cohorts.

stimulatedassay.jpg

Keep up the good work Skidoo! Good luck with your grant.

submitted an exploratory R21 grant (National Institute of Health) with collaborators today. we designed some more synthetic peptides (antigens) to test and they should be ready any time.....so more screening experiments, the old ELISPOTs chief.....also a paper completed & under review.....stayed tuned
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#282487 1 year, 1 month ago
^^Right on skidoo .. very cool stuff. You are not hiring are you?
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: skidoo
skidoo
Gold Boarder
skidoo, skidoo.....ski-doo doo doodlie doo doo doo

#282563 1 year, 1 month ago
Denver Man wrote:
^^Right on skidoo .. very cool stuff. You are not hiring are you?

i mentor grad students. note aggressive pipetting technique of one young acolyte
IMG_0070.jpg

The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#282567 1 year, 1 month ago
^^COOL!! I am a pipetting pro! And I only get aggressive with my pipette when asked to work OT ... on a weekend ...
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: skidoo
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#283235 1 year, 1 month ago
I was looking for this thread to post about finally having fresh apples again, after the whole local apple crop was lost to an early freeze last year. My wonderful guy went out and brought home apples, cider, doughnuts and coffee to start our morning. It all tastes great, it's been too long!! Plus I'm going to make a bunch of applesauce, so the house is going to smell delicious all day today.

And then as I was posting, I got the Ticketmaster reminder email saying that I have a show this week, and it's at Red Rocks!! So now I'm all excited about that!! Lots of good things happening on a cool, cloudy Sunday morning!!
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

#283260 1 year, 1 month ago
Report from the Big Apple; So I haven't submitted any exploratory R21 grants to the National Institute of Health recently (or ever even) practiced any aggressive pipetting techniques or grown any delicious apples.
The good news is that I have three shows coming up in less than two weeks. It's a nice pleasant day in the city. Neither too warm or too cold. No chance the Jets are going to lose this weekend (they took are of that last Thursday). Nothing like a calm lazy Sunday even if I am working! Perhaps I should get an apple then proceed to munch out on it.
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds