• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

Re: POLICE STATE

#248376 1 year, 5 months ago
Last Edit: 1 year, 5 months ago by AcidTestGraduate.
direwolflove222
Senior Boarder
Its an obsession but its pleasing

#248432 1 year, 5 months ago
scar1et_f1re wrote:
Gotta throw in my two cents. First and foremost thank you to the powers that run this site. i am GRATEFUL to be blessed with a kind place filled with love. Believe that if you need it. if you don't....won't you try just a LITTLE BIT HARDER? Ain't no time to hate here. this site is about love and friendship. its strangers stopping strangers just to shake their hand. i promise you, I have found true inner peace from the kindness of the folks here. Go read Paiges thread and allow your heart to feel the love. or read drippingcolors work, or check out the beautiful artwork by LBD and others. listen to an arlo guthrie show recorded by digigal.

I come here to feel the goodness. cmon folks LETS ALL START ONE FEEL GOOD THREAD THIS WEEK.Push back the night.

As for the moderator ... I personally like most of what the great oz does. sad that we do need to be moderated. the internet gives us big balls. I do not believe he or she takes any joy in policing us.

as for cap tony, i consider him a good guy for real. i can tell you the guy does have a heart. he did help me through some tough personal stuff by being there as a friend. so i feel love for the guy. he may have a warped way of sayin hello, but he is kind with an obviously way over the top insanity that keeps myself and some other goofballs smiling.

sorry for my rant To all my dear friends, I miss you more than words can tell <3

LOVE IT!!! I am very thankful for the powers that run this site and really feel that I am starting to get to know some really really amazing people through this site... The internet is an amazing tool...

I dont have time to read all these arguments on debt and politics, but you know TRUTH should be talked about and everyone has there own opinion and idea of what truth is here... I think there is nothing but love among the posters that have been going back in forth on this topic on the most recent posts... and just in case if anyone doesnt know...

I am here for anybody anytime because thats what FAMILY DOES & OF COURSE FAMILY IS FOREVER!
eight-sided whispering hallelujah hat rack
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gratefullyjohn
Gratefullyjohn
Junior Boarder
Let it ride, let it roll... LET IT ROLL

#248532 1 year, 5 months ago
Heck yes there's nothing but love! Just a little heated friendly debating going on. No harm no foul (~);}
Broken heart don't feel so bad, you ain't got half of what you thought you had
PMoondancer
Platinum Boarder

#248541 1 year, 5 months ago
scar1et_f1re wrote:
Gotta throw in my two cents. First and foremost thank you to the powers that run this site. i am GRATEFUL to be blessed with a kind place filled with love. Believe that if you need it. if you don't....won't you try just a LITTLE BIT HARDER? Ain't no time to hate here. this site is about love and friendship. its strangers stopping strangers just to shake their hand. i promise you, I have found true inner peace from the kindness of the folks here. Go read Paiges thread and allow your heart to feel the love. or read drippingcolors work, or check out the beautiful artwork by LBD and others. listen to an arlo guthrie show recorded by digigal.

I come here to feel the goodness. cmon folks LETS ALL START ONE FEEL GOOD THREAD THIS WEEK.Push back the night.

As for the moderator ... I personally like most of what the great oz does. sad that we do need to be moderated. the internet gives us big balls. I do not believe he or she takes any joy in policing us.

as for cap tony, i consider him a good guy for real. i can tell you the guy does have a heart. he did help me through some tough personal stuff by being there as a friend. so i feel love for the guy. he may have a warped way of sayin hello, but he is kind with an obviously way over the top insanity that keeps myself and some other goofballs smiling.

sorry for my rant To all my dear friends, I miss you more than words can tell <3

That is so Beautiful Robert

There is Incredible Love in the hearts of the FFF

I am glad that we have a moderator that has a balanced personality and is a truly kind person. I have enjoyed getting to know him online and now in person. And he has helped me through hard times, as so many others here have

I am a little behind on the whole buttercup saga, but what I have to say about Captain Tony is that I found his ribald humor and quick wit in keeping with my burlesque history and that I enjoyed his repartee. He crossed the line with me twice in the span of our online friendship, and I was quick to let him know and he was quick to apologize. I am sad to hear that he spun out of control, and I hope he averts crashing his airplane to bits on he ground. I am putting it out there that the comedy vacuum left when the Platypus retreated to the headwaters led to Tony's eventual nervous breakdown. But we may never know...
Anyway sending you Happy Unicorn Vibes Tony!!!
cosmic charley
Junior Boarder

#248617 1 year, 5 months ago
There is a good example on a small scale of our big government, a real police state in a small town near me, just picture this to be a sort of micrcosm of what goes on in our country. If there's anyone interested or doing a thesis or a out there.

The story takes place last summer in northern N.Y. . It involves a retired county sheriff that is now the supervisor/mayor of a small town named Forestport. The town has a summer recreation program for children,like day camp .A counselor found and skinned a mink in front of the young children. However ,she was not fired ,and another counselor was fired instead as a scapegoat. It was covered up because of the mayor/supervisor's old sheriff ties.This same mayor mayor /supervisor in the past has closed the town library,had the books thrown out the window into a dump truck and taken to the dump. Most recently he has fought against the town's vote to replace the bridges in town, even though the people voted to do so. He hired his own lawyer to fight the bridges regardless and now has submitted his lawyer bill to the town , even though the people voted.

There are news feeds on the forestport topix website and at wktv utica website . There are also many threads on the topix website forum. And we wonder why our country is so messed up. It all starts in right in our own backyards . People just sit back and watch it happen....
iraqistatefair
Platinum Boarder
The wheels are muddy, got a ton of hay

#248622 1 year, 5 months ago
jaredlang wrote:
Any bets as to how long this thread will still be around?

wow ...
Tony is happy
hes back!
Thank god for Captain's
direwolflove222
Senior Boarder

#248625 1 year, 5 months ago
cosmic charley wrote:
There is a good example on a small scale of our big government, a real police state in a small town near me, just picture this to be a sort of micrcosm of what goes on in our country. If there's anyone interested or doing a thesis or a out there.

The story takes place last summer in northern N.Y. . It involves a retired county sheriff that is now the supervisor/mayor of a small town named Forestport. The town has a summer recreation program for children,like day camp .A counselor found and skinned a mink in front of the young children. However ,she was not fired ,and another counselor was fired instead as a scapegoat. It was covered up because of the mayor/supervisor's old sheriff ties.This same mayor mayor /supervisor in the past has closed the town library,had the books thrown out the window into a dump truck and taken to the dump. Most recently he has fought against the town's vote to replace the bridges in town, even though the people voted to do so. He hired his own lawyer to fight the bridges regardless and now has submitted his lawyer bill to the town , even though the people voted.

There are news feeds on the forestport topix website and at wktv utica website . There are also many threads on the topix website forum. And we wonder why our country is so messed up. It all starts in right in our own backyards . People just sit back and watch it happen....

I actually think it is rare to have stuff like that happin in local goverment... Usually local goverment is usually run by good people. I dont think it usually starts in ones backyard... I think that any local goverment/banks/institutions/anything local are usually pretty straight.. Its the federal level that is completley corrupt. Sorry to hear that though it sounds like a mess.
Last Edit: 1 year, 5 months ago by direwolflove222.
B-Rad
Gold Boarder

#248631 1 year, 5 months ago
Obviously as you move up in size and complexity there is more room for human error/manipulation. I still think the democratic system where people for the most part get to instruct their government is the best sytem yet to date. It gets hard during down times though as people start to look out for number one first.
direwolflove222
Senior Boarder

#248654 1 year, 5 months ago
B-Rad wrote:
Obviously as you move up in size and complexity there is more room for human error/manipulation. I still think the democratic system where people for the most part get to instruct their government is the best sytem yet to date. It gets hard during down times though as people start to look out for number one first.

Yup! The complexity of our lives and world sometimes dont help
Last Edit: 1 year, 5 months ago by direwolflove222.
Time to create page: 0.34 seconds