direwolflove222
Senior Boarder
Its an obsession but its pleasing

Re: POLICE STATE

#248291 1 year, 6 months ago
RIGHT WING

LEFT WING

HOW ABOUT K NO WING

THEY ARE THE SAME THING! The powers that be call the shots and tell our puppet (president what to do). Thats just the way it is.

If you watch the evening news for your information, you are not getting the real story you are being fed lies. You are just doing what they want you do do... We are dumbed down in so many ways its not even funny. media, our food, chemicals in drinking water, corporations etc etc etc. I encourage everyone I meet to think for themselves and learn about as much as they can!
eight-sided whispering hallelujah hat rack
The following user(s) said Thank You: sweetwilliamisdead, Gratefullyjohn
sweetwilliamisdead
Junior Boarder

#248301 1 year, 6 months ago
gr8ful bruin wrote:
It is not hard just phase in a 2.7% tax increase for social security over the next 20 years. The thing to remember is that the right has been actively working to keep the economy from a strong recovery to keep obama from any chance of success.

People like my uncle who is a one man plumbing contractor and the notion that it is no big deal if he has to work until he is 67,68, 69 don't realize how difficult it will be for him to work until 65 let alone longer. Try crawling under houses every day and let me know how it goes. Social security is something to be proud of, Americans decided that people dying of hunger and lack of care is something we are certainly better than.

This ayn rand mad max society being advocated by the right is emphatically anti-humanity and un-american. Oh and the deficit has been going down for the last three years. Oh and if the republicans had helped make Obama care better(considering it was a republican plan) the deficit and minimum level of quality of life in america would be increased

I dont want any tax hike no matter what the rate as when you apply all the different taxes on americans all said and done and about 55% is the tax rate now. the idea conservatives are sabotaging economic recovery is pretty naive I think, the stock market is reaching record highs and economic interests are the interest of conservatives (and all they care about from what most people say).

The people that worked for social security should get it and im sure they will. that being said theirs no way around the demographic shifts happening in america, and in general as people are living longer in general and much longer for periods when they can no longer work. The simplest solution is to slowly start phasing the program out over many years and start letting people keep more of their paychecks to save how they see fit. the gov giving you back money you worked for is nothing to be that proud of. and just as a note paying a tax is not the moral equivalent of charity or deciding to give, charity is a voluntary act, not doing something that is otherwise punishable by law.

and be careful before you get to talking about america as some moral beacon of human virtue because that is a pile of shit that the state wrote and keeps alive to cultivate nationalism. is killing hundreds of thousands of civilians in Iraq and Afghanistan not "anti-humanity"? or holding prisoners without trail or who have been granted release in guantanamo bay forever, is that not inhumane? is using drones on other americans not "un-american"? americans are so full of our ourselves its amazing, we think we embody freedom when we incarcerate more people than authoritarian regimes or anyone. the gov talk about self determination for all and then does whatever it wants as interventionists and preemptive war makers. we have high stratification, low voter turn out, lots of people dependent on the government financially, large national and per capita debt, and a great many other traits that dont point to good democracy or enlightened society. before you start talking what is american or unamerican you think about if thats really where you want to go because the history of america might not meet your moral standards.
iraqistatefair
Platinum Boarder
The wheels are muddy, got a ton of hay

#248323 1 year, 6 months ago
jaredlang wrote:
Any bets as to how long this thread will still be around?

Looks like Captain tony is back !!
What a nice rainbow welcome home!!!!!!!!
Great strategy tony - get deadheads to talk about politics -
well played
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

#248327 1 year, 6 months ago
This is the 2nd time in recent memory that a thread was started by a troll ( for lack of a better term) that produced multiple pages of somewhat coherent and intelligible discussion.
Irony?
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
deadegad
Platinum Boarder

#248328 1 year, 6 months ago
iraqistatefair wrote:
jaredlang wrote:
Any bets as to how long this thread will still be around?

Looks like Captain tony is back !!
What a nice rainbow welcome home!!!!!!!!
Great strategy tony - get deadheads to talk about politics -
well played

The Captain is Strategery!
gr8ful bruin
Senior Boarder
Mr. Charlie

#248334 1 year, 6 months ago
sweetwilliamisdead wrote:
gr8ful bruin wrote:
It is not hard just phase in a 2.7% tax increase for social security over the next 20 years. The thing to remember is that the right has been actively working to keep the economy from a strong recovery to keep obama from any chance of success.

People like my uncle who is a one man plumbing contractor and the notion that it is no big deal if he has to work until he is 67,68, 69 don't realize how difficult it will be for him to work until 65 let alone longer. Try crawling under houses every day and let me know how it goes. Social security is something to be proud of, Americans decided that people dying of hunger and lack of care is something we are certainly better than.

This ayn rand mad max society being advocated by the right is emphatically anti-humanity and un-american. Oh and the deficit has been going down for the last three years. Oh and if the republicans had helped make Obama care better(considering it was a republican plan) the deficit and minimum level of quality of life in america would be increased

I dont want any tax hike no matter what the rate as when you apply all the different taxes on americans all said and done and about 55% is the tax rate now. the idea conservatives are sabotaging economic recovery is pretty naive I think, the stock market is reaching record highs and economic interests are the interest of conservatives (and all they care about from what most people say).

The people that worked for social security should get it and im sure they will. that being said theirs no way around the demographic shifts happening in america, and in general as people are living longer in general and much longer for periods when they can no longer work. The simplest solution is to slowly start phasing the program out over many years and start letting people keep more of their paychecks to save how they see fit. the gov giving you back money you worked for is nothing to be that proud of. and just as a note paying a tax is not the moral equivalent of charity or deciding to give, charity is a voluntary act, not doing something that is otherwise punishable by law.

and be careful before you get to talking about america as some moral beacon of human virtue because that is a pile of shit that the state wrote and keeps alive to cultivate nationalism. is killing hundreds of thousands of civilians in Iraq and Afghanistan not "anti-humanity"? or holding prisoners without trail or who have been granted release in guantanamo bay forever, is that not inhumane? is using drones on other americans not "un-american"? americans are so full of our ourselves its amazing, we think we embody freedom when we incarcerate more people than authoritarian regimes or anyone. the gov talk about self determination for all and then does whatever it wants as interventionists and preemptive war makers. we have high stratification, low voter turn out, lots of people dependent on the government financially, large national and per capita debt, and a great many other traits that dont point to good democracy or enlightened society. before you start talking what is american or unamerican you think about if thats really where you want to go because the history of america might not meet your moral standards.

The last paragraph is mainly true and almost completely the fault of the right. Seriously look through that list and see who started most of that shit.

But most importantly a considerate number of old people would go hungry and and live in wrenching poverty. Is this american. What about the disabled? And this idea that if you give people thei money upfront is the perfect example of Ayn Rand your all on your own mentality. What happens to the people who have a disabled child do you really think people facing extreme finicial distress in the present will be able to save that 5% tax rebate. Maybe some but not all so what happens then. Or if they got wiped out by the bankers or got sick. What Then!!!! People starve in their old age, they work till they collapse. Social Security is an Insurance program not a savings program. Somebody slips on your property and you lose everything?

Seriously WHAT THEN

Also this one I know will drive you crazy but their is an incredible amount of evidence that individuals are not very good at making decisions that are in their own interests, People are not the rational actors they believe themselves to be. Little things like having an opt out system for 401k plans as opposed to an opt in see dramatic increases in participation. Plus almost no one pays 55% THE VAST MAJORITY WHO ARE IN THE HIGHER TAX RATES PAY far less through deductions. And yes if that means that taxes have to go up then so be it, or Do you seriously think that starving old people is american or morally just.

Also I believe you may be what is called a just world type

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Just-world_hypothesis

Well it is not, shit happens to good people as well as bad.

And taxes are the lowest they have been in 50+ years.
Go to Terrapin, no really go to TERRAPIN
gr8ful bruin
Senior Boarder
Mr. Charlie

#248335 1 year, 6 months ago
I am willing to bet that the only person we think we know that might pay anywhere near 55% is phil and bob and they can afford it, but this is important you would have to make well into the millions and have a comically bad tax attorney to do so, amid the rightfull disgust at romneys 13.9% tax (cheat) rate was that obama only paid 20% on millions in income so if you added 10% for a high state sales tax which is a separate issue but I think you are including it plus 10% for high state income tax (note these states are in the minority) you are at 40%. The only way that you can get to that rate is to have only earned income with no deductions (for intance the mortage deductions wipes out most high state income taxes and then some and most states do not have both a high income and state sales tax) and you still would have to make a huge amount. Phil probably pays 30+10 for sales tax and he is worth 35 million

again people believe that they or believe others pay a higher rate than in fact they do.

Federal income taxes are marginal rates i.e the first 50k is is taxed as if that is all you made then the next 50k and so on so even the people who now have to pay 39.8% instead of 36% only pay that rate on money above 400k there first 50 or 100k is taxed at those rates so even if you made only earned income of say 3 million you still would not pay 39.8 because the first 400k is taxed at the lower rates. And the vast majority of wealthy people do not make most of their money from wages

If you think I am wrong I would love to see your math of how anyone pays 55% even here in the great state of Calfornia it is simply not true.

Also I am all for people who make more thana million pay half, shit we should make it 55% at 2 mil and go all the way up till maybe 70% over 10 million.

Anyways I will close with one of the wealthiest and yet champion of the poor and middle class

And his brother

Go to Terrapin, no really go to TERRAPIN
Last Edit: 1 year, 6 months ago by gr8ful bruin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: iraqistatefair
iraqistatefair
Platinum Boarder

#248353 1 year, 6 months ago
jaredlang wrote:
This is the 2nd time in recent memory that a thread was started by a troll ( for lack of a better term) that produced multiple pages of somewhat coherent and intelligible discussion.
Irony?

LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why can't my posts have the same effect?
I guess my posts must be just too brilliant from the start
cosmic charley
Junior Boarder

#248357 1 year, 6 months ago
Government is only as good as the people that run it . Unfortunately elections are usually just a vote between two evils . Register to vote , we elect these people . Start with your town you are from, the district you're from and then the state you're from. Keep spreading the word. Remember there are always more stupid people in any given situation, educate them with your wisdom . Better yet, run for office yourself. That's what the whole Grateful dead scene has been about since the beginning - changing this world - hey look ! it's happening !
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#248358 1 year, 6 months ago
Gotta throw in my two cents. First and foremost thank you to the powers that run this site. i am GRATEFUL to be blessed with a kind place filled with love. Believe that if you need it. if you don't....won't you try just a LITTLE BIT HARDER? Ain't no time to hate here. this site is about love and friendship. its strangers stopping strangers just to shake their hand. i promise you, I have found true inner peace from the kindness of the folks here. Go read Paiges thread and allow your heart to feel the love. or read drippingcolors work, or check out the beautiful artwork by LBD and others. listen to an arlo guthrie show recorded by digigal.

I come here to feel the goodness. cmon folks LETS ALL START ONE FEEL GOOD THREAD THIS WEEK.Push back the night.

As for the moderator ... I personally like most of what the great oz does. sad that we do need to be moderated. the internet gives us big balls. I do not believe he or she takes any joy in policing us.

as for cap tony, i consider him a good guy for real. i can tell you the guy does have a heart. he did help me through some tough personal stuff by being there as a friend. so i feel love for the guy. he may have a warped way of sayin hello, but he is kind with an obviously way over the top insanity that keeps myself and some other goofballs smiling.

sorry for my rant To all my dear friends, I miss you more than words can tell <3
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
Last Edit: 1 year, 6 months ago by scar1et_f1re. Reason: typos
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer , nycdave, jaredlang, Strider1, direwolflove222
iraqistatefair
Platinum Boarder

#248360 1 year, 6 months ago

right on man
deadegad
Platinum Boarder

#248369 1 year, 6 months ago
Captain Tony for President! Or Mayor at least.

Let's not put limits on our imagination.
Time to create page: 0.40 seconds