• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
LDowling
Junior Boarder
We must become ourselves before someone else does

Re: Post your art here

#2968 3 years, 4 months ago
Thanks for posting, everyone... Let's keep it going! Thanks, pmoondancer, actually the illustrations, (except for the humpty dumpty painting, which was a cd cover for children's music,) were made for my portfolio. I was trying to get into children's book illustration after teaching art for a long while.
Someday, everything's gonna be diff'rent... when I paint my masterpiece
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer
poz
Fresh Boarder

#2972 3 years, 4 months ago
This was the first in a series I did with very specific line patterns, creating a very flat 3D effect, if that makes sense. I first drew the entire thing out in pencil, then started painting in the lines. Every time a line ran into a painted line, it had to go "under" it.

triangle1.jpg

Here's more of a closeup

triangle2.jpg

Here's some detail that shows how no 2 lines ever cross. These are extremely fine lines, drawn in pencil and painted with a brush that had about 2 hairs in it. I'm amazed looking back at it 30 years later at how few times, if any, that I screwed up and hit another line. Something tells me my eyes and hands couldn't pull this off anymore.
triangle4.jpg

triangle3.jpg
The following user(s) said Thank You: the highway terror, PMoondancer , will work for doses
LDowling
Junior Boarder
We must become ourselves before someone else does

#2976 3 years, 4 months ago
Creativity, patience, and a steady hand! Almost looks electric.
Someday, everything's gonna be diff'rent... when I paint my masterpiece
poz
Fresh Boarder

#2977 3 years, 4 months ago
This was the next in the series, made in one marathon session from about 8 in the morning until 2 or 3 the following morning, with just a few breaks to eat. Once I'd get started I was so excited to see it evolve that I couldn't stop.

asquares1.jpg

Here's how it looks without the blacklight. You can see one set of circles that I decided not to paint, as I like the dark border around it and thought it would get too busy with those painted in. EDIT: Oops, wrong image on this one

asquares8.jpg

Here's detail of the middle that shows again how no 2 lines ever touch. Some of those orange ones are just a pin-drop of paint.

asquares6.jpg

asquares9.jpg

asquares7.jpg
Last Edit: 3 years, 4 months ago by poz.
The following user(s) said Thank You: the highway terror, PMoondancer
Canyon
Junior Boarder

#2985 3 years, 4 months ago
those are cool Poz, neat stuff...
deerfcv2345678hlx.jpg
Shoot the breeze, lose the keys
Feed the poor, stop the war
Make the signs, connect the lines
Pay your fines, save your dimes
Watch The Feds, Dig The Dead

reflectionsofmatter.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: the highway terror, calliopewail, 6StringRider
Lynx
Visitor

#2987 3 years, 4 months ago
Great work Poz! Is that acrylic on paper?

Quote : "...made in one marathon session from about 8 in the morning until 2 or 3 the following morning, with just a few breaks to eat. Once I'd get started I was so excited to see it evolve that I couldn't stop."

I know what you mean. I can can get a little manic when painting too!
poz
Fresh Boarder

#2989 3 years, 4 months ago
Lynx wrote:
Great work Poz! Is that acrylic on paper?

Quote : "...made in one marathon session from about 8 in the morning until 2 or 3 the following morning, with just a few breaks to eat. Once I'd get started I was so excited to see it evolve that I couldn't stop."

I know what you mean. I can can get a little manic when painting too!

Thanks! It's just plain old poster paint on paper. I've always wondered if any "real" artists did anything serious with fluorescent. I always found it very interesting that you could make fluorescent brown, that's not something you see every day.
poz
Fresh Boarder

#2990 3 years, 4 months ago
Canyon wrote:
those are cool Poz, neat stuff...
deerfcv2345678hlx.jpg

This one is awesome, nice work!
Lynx
Visitor

#2991 3 years, 4 months ago
"I've always wondered if any "real" artists did anything serious with fluorescent"

Well I know of at least one...you! But, again, I know what you mean. It seems that certain mediums are considered the domain of "real" artists while others are relegated to "hobbyists". I'm not sure this distinction is real however. Perhaps art is a process, not a title. Perhaps not. In any case your art seems unique, which is an accomplishment in itself. Most of my art is wildlife related and that's been done SO many times that finding a new angle on wildlife art can be tough.
poz
Fresh Boarder

#2994 3 years, 4 months ago
This one's pretty simple but many people say it's their favorite. If you blink a strobe light at it it bounces up and down off the page like a spring, very cool effect that just happened by chance.

circle1.jpg

Here's another simple one with a cool strobe effect. The rays of the 3rd sun in back are just the white background, and when you flash the strobe they jump out in a pretty cool way. Yeah, I was way into the strobe light back in the day...

sun1.jpg

w/out blacklight

sun2.jpg
The following user(s) said Thank You: the highway terror, PMoondancer , will work for doses
Time to create page: 0.55 seconds