• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: Post your art here

#304171 7 months, 1 week ago
It turns out Pink11 is not only fun company during shows and set list parties, she also creates some beautiful and intricate bead work. I saw a couple of gorgeous pieces that she made, but I have to admit that I liked this one best. She was kind enough to make me a Michigan colored bracelet with a football clasp! It may be the most perfect bracelet on the planet!! You do great work, Pink!

IMG_0795.JPG
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, PMoondancer , pink11
LBDowling
Expert Boarder
We must become ourselves before someone else does

#304178 7 months, 1 week ago
Hey everyone! Hope that all who were enjoying those warm Mexican breezes over the last few days made it back safe & sound. Haven't shown my face here in a while- so busy with a new, but great art teaching gig. Teaching art, 5th through 8th grade & so happy to be back in the classroom again... Didn't realize how much I missed teaching. Here's a drawing I did today for my cousin & her husband, who own a recording studio in Nashville, TN. They'll use it as part of their logo & t-shirts, etc.

image_2014-01-25.jpg
Someday, everything's gonna be diff'rent... when I paint my masterpiece
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, dr bakes, the highway terror, PMoondancer , SunshineSue, pink11
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder

#304179 7 months, 1 week ago
Great drawing, Laura!! And what wonderful news about the teaching gig, congratulations!!
LBDowling
Expert Boarder

#304182 7 months, 1 week ago
Thanks! A little off topic but I wish I could say it was a permanent job- just a maternity leave position. It's a great little private school... Very progressive & small classes. Very cool all around- culinary school grads source all food locally, & when possible, students work with local farms & compost and grow organic vegetables for school lunches... They even bake their own bread in house. Experiential learning.... No more than 12 or so per class so I really get to know my students. Wish I could stay!

Hope you had a great time in Mexico!
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer , SunshineSue
LBDowling
Expert Boarder

#304186 7 months, 1 week ago
Wait..... What???? Really????

The following user(s) said Thank You: the highway terror, skidoo
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#304220 7 months, 1 week ago
LBDowling wrote:
Wait..... What???? Really????

That is so awesome.

anyone who would kill one of those precious creatures for their tusks should have all their teeth extracted with no anesthesia
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#304221 7 months, 1 week ago
SunshineSue wrote:
It turns out Pink11 is not only fun company during shows and set list parties, she also creates some beautiful and intricate bead work. I saw a couple of gorgeous pieces that she made, but I have to admit that I liked this one best. She was kind enough to make me a Michigan colored bracelet with a football clasp! It may be the most perfect bracelet on the planet!! You do great work, Pink!

IMG_0795.JPG

C'mon, you have to admit it was pretty cool your alma mater won the Rose Bowl.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder

#304448 7 months ago
AcidTestGraduate wrote:
SunshineSue wrote:

C'mon, you have to admit it was pretty cool your alma mater won the Rose Bowl.

You bet it was! I'll root for Sparty if Michigan is out of the picture. Though both are my alma maters, Michigan for grad school.
Last Edit: 7 months ago by SunshineSue.
lightchaser
Platinum Boarder

#305049 7 months ago
Time for a weekly bump.
And now for the the photo. The warm rays at sunset hitting the cypress trees in fall color and creating a reflection.

taxodiumfallref1.jpg
Thank You Cody, we are forever Grateful!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, PMoondancer , SunshineSue, pink11
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder

#305071 7 months ago
^^^That's beautiful, lightchaser! Looks like an impressionist painting with that lovely reflection.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lightchaser
Time to create page: 0.66 seconds