Gold Boarder

Re: Post your art here

#155084 2 years, 4 months ago
Enjoy your trip to California, FF. Keep up the grate work with the tie dyes
People joining hand in hand while the music plays the band
The following user(s) said Thank You: FurthurFlower67
Tmglf2
Platinum Boarder
Without love in a dream, it will never come true.

#155087 2 years, 4 months ago
I hope you have the time of your life FF in California . the dresses are beautiful.
Chester
More or less in line

#155106 2 years, 4 months ago
Wow! Those are beautiful.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#155121 2 years, 4 months ago
Beautiful, Em!! Those will look perfect by the flag at TC or at Meadowbrook in July!!!
Last Edit: 2 years, 4 months ago by SunshineSue.
LBDowling
Expert Boarder
We must become ourselves before someone else does

#155128 2 years, 4 months ago
Nice Sunshine Sue & Happy Birthday!!! Love that purple one!

Not sure if you all saw the winner of the Creative Allies/Grateful Dead Game Contest? A really nice one...

creativeallies.com/contests/346-Design-a...d-Game-The-Epic-Tour
Someday, everything's gonna be diff'rent... when I paint my masterpiece
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, SunshineSue, FurthurFlower67
Little Bear
Gold Boarder
...they probably take care of themselves

#155340 2 years, 4 months ago
Emily, You are an exceptionally talented Tie Dye artist!

Those skirts are gorgeous, as is the Tapestry that you made for Alex and the 'Arrow
~God bless the Hampton Inn~ ~And You~
robertchampion
Junior Boarder
Call me Robbie

#155345 2 years, 4 months ago
My name is Robert Champion and I am a long time dead head and artist living in the western suburbs of Chicago. I was listening to Tales From The Golden Road this morning on Sirius radio and was directed to this forum. I normally keep to the Facebook Deadhead groups but thought I would give this board a whirl to see if there are any good people out there looking to talk shop. I'm a musician and also work heavily with wood working and wood burning these days. I'd like to share two pieces with you that I am currently working on in my shop. The first piece can either be a wall fixture or a table. It's really up to the buyer. Let me tell you a little bit about my process.

This wood project is a recycled/upcycled project. Essentially what I do is collect old and worn out wooden pallets, break them all down into manageable pieces and then refurbish them into furniture, wall fixtures, clocks or just about anything you can imagine made of wood. Here is what they look like when I first acquire these pieces that are destined to the wood pile graveyard. I'm all about the upcycling movement.

Then they are put back together to look like this.

The piece is given three levels of sanding...Then, the fun begins.

Our team is constantly conceptualizing new designs for our works. I thought these two would be appropriate for this forum. Keep in mind that all of this is done free hand. It all starts out with a free hand pencil drawing on the face of the wood. There are no stencils used in our productions. We begin to draw the images out and then burn the image into the face of the pine wood using a pyrography set (wood burning tool with various attachments). Also, the dimensions of this piece are four feet by two and a half feet...It took twelve hours to burn this image into the pine.

Once the entire image has been burned into the wood we begin the staining process. Here are some shots of the process and progression.

So there is just a small example of what we are working on with that piece....It is almost complete. Again, the dimensions are four feet by two and a half feet.

Here is a clock we are working on as well along side this one.

This is going to be a fun clock once it is completed. If anyone is interested in a custom order then hit me up! We are based out of Chicago and can deliver free all the way west to Colorado and East to Penn, North to Wisconsin, Mich and Minnesota and as far south as Atlanta. All free shipping - Other states will have to pay shipping costs but we can make it work. Also, 20 percent of all sales goes directly to the non profit organization The Mockingbird Foundation @ www.mbird.org - They do great work.

Hit me up in this thread or send me an email @ This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it and let's make your imagination happen for you. We can recreate anything that you can come up with. We love a challenge!
Listen...Read...Rage...www.theslopingcompanion.com
Last Edit: 2 years, 4 months ago by robertchampion.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, PMoondancer , kevin, LBDowling, SunshineSue
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#157136 2 years, 4 months ago
Fixed!!!!!
PMoondancer
Platinum Boarder

#157143 2 years, 4 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
Fixed!!!!!

Thank you Bobby and Phil
LBDowling
Expert Boarder
We must become ourselves before someone else does

#157174 2 years, 4 months ago
Wow, great! Let's see what everyone's been up to~ anything new?
Someday, everything's gonna be diff'rent... when I paint my masterpiece
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds