• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

Re: OK What Happened to Buttercup?

#248133 1 year, 5 months ago
deadegad wrote:
Next thing you know there will be a 'censorship' thread or has that happened already?

The late great Frank Zappa once debated the pros and cons of naughty language

Frank is greatly missed. Everyone should watch that video. Just brilliant
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#248135 1 year, 5 months ago
It dawned on me after that last post there has been some censorship going on here. However in the case of a one 'buttercup', that person kind of censored his/her own self. Several were convinced this was the work of that dastardly Capt. Tony. Whoever that was exacerbated the situation with additional threads suggesting we pucker up, and such. Hence this person and their user name have now been deleted.

Was that necessary? Some would argue that in the name of good taste it was. Personally I could really care less. I slept just fine last night. I pity those who think they need to foul the punch bowl, although on occasion the punch bowl could use a little livening up.

This all brings up the point that we now have a greater moderator presence on this forum. Someone who was formerly just a normal (albeit extremely active) user has been elevated to moderator. I'm not sure what that means, can anyone shed some light on this? That person has referred to me as a troll on several occasions, and I know my posting a certain picture on this forum some months back certainly irked this individual. I'd like to point out that after I posted that picture I received several pm's saying those people thought it was funny, and got the joke. To think I made the association of those who pose with a certain flag were.......terrorists? No, not at all. As a result of all the hubbub I was amused that some got so worked up over a flag.

Ok, not to get off topic here. I guess Buttercup had to go. Looks like I need to spend more time here to be able to spot when such a menace rears it's less than desirable head to foul the water of tranquility that is this forum. I will certainly take heed of this.
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#248139 1 year, 5 months ago
Did darling buttercup start multiple threads?

That doesn't sound like ct at all.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

#248140 1 year, 5 months ago
Ossumpei wrote:

Were there multiple threads? I saw the one thread started by butter cup which I responded in with a link to a google search for pucrettub (butter cup backwards). Then when I returned later in the day this was the only thread related to butter cup. Did I miss something? I'm still not really in favor of deleting threads started by non bots. I believe in self censorship. I just have issues with 1 person or a small group of people filtering or controlling what the masses have access to. Not that I think it will happen here, but granting such powers only leads to potentially something worse than what we were trying to police in the first place.
Sorry if I'm not making sense to some people. Just how I feel.
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gratefullyjohn
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#248151 1 year, 5 months ago
he was obviously a threat to society and this message board - hence the deleting of his account here...
Last Edit: 1 year, 5 months ago by MushroomMan. Reason: typo
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#248154 1 year, 5 months ago
~I SPEAK FOR THE TREES~
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#248160 1 year, 5 months ago
Ossumpei wrote:

There were, briefly, multiple threads along the "kiss my puckered asshole, bitches" theme. it was clearly Tony. It does suck that one has to be hesitant to greet newcomers around here.

Add- and to address an earlier snarky comment about censorship, our newest Moderator is not deleting users, all he's doing is deleting spam threads, for which I am extremely grateful. So lighten up on the pontificating until you have the facts, please.
Last Edit: 1 year, 5 months ago by SunshineSue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ossumpei, kevin
banthemoderator
Visitor

#248173 1 year, 5 months ago
THE LATEST MODERATOR IS A TOOL FOR THE MAN.
Last Edit: 1 year, 5 months ago by .

#248185 1 year, 5 months ago
We asked captain tony to be more respectful. He didn't on the board and was less respectful to us over email. We've been dealing with requests to remove him since the inception of this board. I can't remember of any other users the past couple years that have been asked to be removed. We'll continue to ban his accounts, buttercup, when he creates him. His new accounts show he is not willing to change his ways. We want to be lenient on moderation, but cannot overlook multiple emails from users regarding threads like his.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ossumpei, kevin, FurthurFlower67
Gratefullyjohn
Junior Boarder
Let it ride, let it roll... LET IT ROLL

#248187 1 year, 5 months ago
Just throwing this out there. But this is the general discussion board, you can talk about anything as long as you follow the rules and guidelines? I'm just curious to know the answer to that. Without censorship.
Broken heart don't feel so bad, you ain't got half of what you thought you had
Last Edit: 1 year, 5 months ago by Gratefullyjohn.
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds