• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
mr. nobody
Junior Boarder

Re: Summer Tour?

#247606 1 year, 5 months ago
Any information gleaned from privileged sources should certainly be treated with care and not generally released with that source's name attached, unless you'd like them to get flack over it. 'Nuff said....Yeah, those Bethel dates are open, so are a bunch at The Mann. What about MCU? Were those good ticket sales? I can't imagine a short run of shows would miss the NY Philly or Chicago markets...but why does Boston get short-changed? Is it just lack of a decent venue (McCoy Stadium)?
Anyways, most Summer tours are announced. I'm surprised that Furthur lags so hard. People are making Summer plans, flights back to the family and getting work schedules arranged and our guys at Furthur give us no info. It's not like they're selling everything out anymore. Seems like bad business to me...but sure, I don't know the real reason. Peace, everyone!
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#247611 1 year, 5 months ago
mr. nobody wrote:
Any information gleaned from privileged sources should certainly be treated with care and not generally released with that source's name attached, unless you'd like them to get flack over it. 'Nuff said....Yeah, those Bethel dates are open, so are a bunch at The Mann. What about MCU? Were those good ticket sales? I can't imagine a short run of shows would miss the NY Philly or Chicago markets...but why does Boston get short-changed? Is it just lack of a decent venue (McCoy Stadium)?
Anyways, most Summer tours are announced. I'm surprised that Furthur lags so hard. People are making Summer plans, flights back to the family and getting work schedules arranged and our guys at Furthur give us no info. It's not like they're selling everything out anymore. Seems like bad business to me...but sure, I don't know the real reason. Peace, everyone!

MCU is free 7/10 - 7/16 for baseball games anyway. Let's get MCU and Bethel scheduled boys!!!
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: mr. nobody, Gratefullyjohn
B-Rad
Gold Boarder

#247626 1 year, 5 months ago
Prolly know in 30 mins or maybe next Friday. I don't think they will wait much later than that and all of the spring tickets are sold.
dead_in_ky
Junior Boarder

#247628 1 year, 5 months ago
i purchased my tickets for summer last year on 3/12. maybe it isn't happening this year, plain and simple.
Right now, I can't read too well...
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#247630 1 year, 5 months ago
It simply wouldn't make any economic sense to drive all the equipment out to Ohio and only do one show at All Good. There will be a tour around that July time, you can count on it!

Now, whether there are any other Midwest dates is another story...
B-Rad
Gold Boarder

#247631 1 year, 5 months ago
The spring announcement was a couple of weeks off from last year too...I think they maybe waited until after Vibes announced and after the AC tickets sold out.
DigiGal
Senior Boarder
" If it wasn't recorded - it will be forgotten "

#247647 1 year, 5 months ago
DigiGal wrote:
Methinks, it's a bit early to be looking for summer dates but hopefully they'll be announced much before occuring unlike the spring run. Holding back to announce dates and start presale at the same time as announcement was a lame move.
Still Searching For The Sound??? My LMA Recordings and My Etree Recordings
The following user(s) said Thank You: ecojaded
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

#247668 1 year, 5 months ago
wlewis wrote:
funky420 and kfender were hanging with jeff pehrson drinking and smoking at the connecticut yankee in san francisco after a fall risk gig, and that is when the information was divulged. that's what i heard anyway.

I was at the Connecticut Yankee on 12/30/2010.
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
mr. nobody
Junior Boarder

#247709 1 year, 5 months ago
@ Denver Man-
I like how you think! Because it's like how I think. Ha Ha! I just was checkin' out MCU Park for the Cyclone's schedule. Yup! And Bethel is open so...if they do it just like they did before...Friday and Sat in Brooklyn w/ Sunday at Bethel we got July 12, 13 at MCU. July 14 at Bethel. I'd count on them to slip in a couple more and then hit Philly on the next weekend, probly just before All Good. All Good's on the way to Chicago...Phil and Friends come back east the next weekend fro Vibes. If anyone was taking bets that's where I'd put my money. But again...I'm guessing. I was Dead wrong about Vibes (and am still bumming on no Furthur there)
mr. nobody
Junior Boarder

#247719 1 year, 5 months ago
Never mind. I just lot my bet I never even placed. the Mann Center is booked the next Thurs and Fri 18th and 19th. they're not headlining All Good on Sunday and they're not backtracking all the way to Philly from Ohio to then head to Chicago. A different Philly venue? No Philly at all? I'm out and over this game. I lost already. Have fun everybody!
dr bakes
Platinum Boarder
Dizzy ain't the word for the way you're makin me

#247721 1 year, 5 months ago
Merriweather has lots of open dates in July
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake their hand
Gratefullyjohn
Junior Boarder
Let it ride, let it roll... LET IT ROLL

#247747 1 year, 5 months ago
I wouldn't rule out anything. I had my mind set that their would be no spring tour and now I'm going to nine shows! Lol. But I don't see how they can miss out on MCU and Bethel. Both shows were great with the lots and everything. Too much money to be made to skip out on that. I think we will get an announcement real soon atleast by late April. Idk about other venues elsewhere but I'm sure they will play the summer New York run like that again. They wouldn't leave us all hanging. Especially since only a handful of people will make it into the Capitol theater. And one AC show won't cut it. Regardless I wouldn't mind a Phil and friends tour but why would furthur play all good but Phil and friends plays the vibes? It's doesn't make sense. So we will have to wait and see.
Broken heart don't feel so bad, you ain't got half of what you thought you had
Time to create page: 2.57 seconds