SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: Summer Tour?

#247053 1 year, 7 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
SunshineSue wrote:
Ossumpei wrote:
I hope Mickey tours the midwest after Allgood.

It seems like a possibility.

Furthur in St Louis sometime this year. Two nights at the Fox!!

And Red Rocks this fall...what a venue.

I agree on getting Mickey back to the Midwest!!

Are you going to try and make Red Rocks this year, Ossumpei? I'm on the fence, and wondering if there are going to be any FFF gatherings there this year.

Nope there won't be any FFF at RR. What the hell are you smoking??

I'm sorry, I'm in a bit of a funk today. I recently heard from one user that is now a former user and doesn't want to hang at shows anymore, and other folks are running into either money issues or wanting to go to a different run. I had such a good time last year, but I'm just wondering what it's going to be like this year. I know things change and no two vacations/shows are ever the same. But while the primary goal is seeing the shows, when I travel that far it makes a big difference to know that there are going to be some fun parties/gatherings/friendly folks around, as well as just the music. That's just how I'm feeling today, anyway, I'm really not trying to be a major buzz kill!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ossumpei, gvanman, nycdave
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

#247056 1 year, 7 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
Denver Man wrote:
SunshineSue wrote:
Ossumpei wrote:

Are you going to try and make Red Rocks this year, Ossumpei? I'm on the fence, and wondering if there are going to be any FFF gatherings there this year.

Nope there won't be any FFF at RR. What the hell are you smoking??

I'm sorry, I'm in a bit of a funk today. I recently heard from one user that is now a former user and doesn't want to hang at shows anymore, and other folks are running into either money issues or wanting to go to a different run. I had such a good time last year, but I'm just wondering what it's going to be like this year. I know things change and no two vacations/shows are ever the same. But while the primary goal is seeing the shows, when I travel that far it makes a big difference to know that there are going to be some fun parties/gatherings/friendly folks around, as well as just the music. That's just how I'm feeling today, anyway, I'm really not trying to be a major buzz kill!!

If they book it they will come.
I'm sure Strider will be there, and that would be enough for me.
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
The following user(s) said Thank You: nycdave, SunshineSue, Strider1
dead_in_ky
Junior Boarder

#247062 1 year, 7 months ago
Someone who used to post here said they no longer want to hang out with you or anyone else who posts here anymore? Good Lord, make it stop. Guess I will never be cool enough. As far as Red Rocks goes, I will never miss another furthur run there. Just hoping for at least one more ride. "Never had such a good time..."
Right now, I can't read too well...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man, SunshineSue
WeirStillHere2011
Junior Boarder

#247084 1 year, 7 months ago
CosmicCookie wrote:
well it doesn't look like Furthur will play Vibes, not sure what this means for summer tour...

My guess is a 2 week run of shows starting around the 4th of July, ending at All Good!
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#247090 1 year, 7 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
Ossumpei wrote:

If I do a anything out of town it will be RR. I had so much fun with all the folks last year. It was the highlight of the year for me. If they book it we will have a big FFF presence, and I'd like to be a part of it if I can.

This is my dream show mix this year, with one other Mickey show in there somewhere.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
B-Rad
Gold Boarder

#247095 1 year, 7 months ago
WeirStillHere2011 wrote:
CosmicCookie wrote:
well it doesn't look like Furthur will play Vibes, not sure what this means for summer tour...

My guess is a 2 week run of shows starting around the 4th of July, ending at All Good!

That would be a good wager... Anyone remember when they announced last year?
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#247097 1 year, 7 months ago
I'm pretty sure this thread was started in response to one of my comments in another thread. And well hate to say it but, told you so. Just as I expected no summer dates. All good we'll be the only summer date. and we'll probably get some more fall dates.
The voices tell me what to say
B-Rad
Gold Boarder

#247105 1 year, 7 months ago
funky420 wrote:
I'm pretty sure this thread was started in response to one of my comments in another thread. And well hate to say it but, told you so. Just as I expected no summer dates. All good we'll be the only summer date. and we'll probably get some more fall dates.

Trying to recall them ever coming together to do one single show before...but I guess that is what they are doing in Napa, although much closer to home. Why would you think there isn't going to be a summer tour?
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#247107 1 year, 7 months ago
dead_in_ky wrote:
Someone who used to post here said they no longer want to hang out with you or anyone else who posts here anymore? Good Lord, make it stop. Guess I will never be cool enough. As far as Red Rocks goes, I will never miss another furthur run there. Just hoping for at least one more ride. "Never had such a good time..."

I know I'm not cool enough! Guess the Colorado FFF alone are not worthy enough for visiting. Just kidding but that was an odd post Sue. I do understand wanting to get to planning out summer and fall sooner rather than later though.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#247110 1 year, 7 months ago
I really enjoyed the summer shows last year, especially Bethel, but I am leaning towards Red Rocks this year and skipping Summer
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#247116 1 year, 7 months ago
jaredlang wrote:
If they book it they will come.
I'm sure Strider will be there, and that would be enough for me.

There's some real truth to that! Aside from the fact they're loads of fun to hang around, in and out of shows, on Monday in Broomfield I was having some shuttle van trouble, and Strider and Wundurland stuck around the hotel, at the risk of missing their own flight, just to make sure I was all set and not stuck without a ride. Now that was some much appreciated FFF kindness in action!

And DM, you know I love the Colorado locals, but honestly, when you folks have to deal with work and family and your own group of friends, I think it's almost harder on you to coordinate than it is for the out-of-towners that only have vacation issues to deal with for the most part. However, if I'm there, you better believe that you're my first priority to see!! Well, maybe tied with Island Head, who made my day with his post.

Last Edit: 1 year, 7 months ago by SunshineSue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: alilfurther, Strider1
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds