• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
rippleish20
Platinum Boarder

Re: Summer Tour?

#248030 1 year, 5 months ago
B-Rad wrote:
I would bet they will throw a twist in to change it from last year. Personally I would like to see some SPAC shows and something in New England. Also what about the south east?

I live 20 minutes from SPAC. The last Furthur shows at SPAC and the TU Center were very sparsely attended; I'm not sure these are that likely, at least compared to Bethel, which sells well. The Washington Armory or the Palace might make more sense. Or Gelston Castle again.
dr bakes
Platinum Boarder
Dizzy ain't the word for the way you're makin me

#248032 1 year, 5 months ago
dr bakes wrote:
Boston>Brooklyn>Philly>Merriweather>Bethel>Allgood>Mid-west (is my guess)

I think the trend is for fewer shows and shorter traveling distances which is why I'm calling for^^^
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake their hand
B-Rad
Gold Boarder

#248058 1 year, 5 months ago
rippleish20 wrote:
B-Rad wrote:
I would bet they will throw a twist in to change it from last year. Personally I would like to see some SPAC shows and something in New England. Also what about the south east?

I live 20 minutes from SPAC. The last Furthur shows at SPAC and the TU Center were very sparsely attended; I'm not sure these are that likely, at least compared to Bethel, which sells well. The Washington Armory or the Palace might make more sense. Or Gelston Castle again.

I was also at the last SPAC show and it wasn't that empty and it was part of a large tour. The circumstances are different now. Bethel is cool too...but no close camping Sufis.
RafaelO
Junior Boarder

#248063 1 year, 5 months ago
Where in the Midwest would it make sense to do a series of shows like they are doing in other cities.

Perhaps in Chicago, or St. Louis. All I know is that the Midwest has got to be in Bobby and Phil's cue, please!
The following user(s) said Thank You: splatter_face
WheelOfLife
Fresh Boarder

#248069 1 year, 5 months ago
Think they'll announce before Phish tix open up to General Public? I can see where they might want to before everyone snatches those up and sets their summer plans (not everyone can do it all, myself included!) Or will they let the kids have their candy and leave the Dead for the Heads?
Let your life proceed by its own design...
rippleish20
Platinum Boarder

#248074 1 year, 5 months ago
B-Rad wrote:
rippleish20 wrote:
B-Rad wrote:

I was also at the last SPAC show and it wasn't that empty and it was part of a large tour. The circumstances are different now. Bethel is cool too...but no close camping Sufis.

The band came on at 7:13PM. The picture from the lawn is at 7PM, the picture inside is from 7:12PM. I've been seeing shows at SPAC since 1971. I've never seen a Dead related show with this small of a crowd. The last Further Fest had 18000. This show had maybe 7000. That's still a decent audience but small by SPAC standards... I'd love for Furthur to do SPAC again; I just think they don't sell well enough.
Attachments:
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#248082 1 year, 5 months ago
WheelOfLife wrote:
leave the Dead for the Heads?

YES
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gratefullyjohn
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#248102 1 year, 5 months ago
This is actually a fall question, but does anyone remember if they announced all of fall tour at the same time last year, or was Red Rocks announced first and the rest of the shows (Greek aside) announced later?? I should know this, but I can't remember!
Gratefullyjohn
Junior Boarder
Let it ride, let it roll... LET IT ROLL

#248109 1 year, 5 months ago
If I'm not mistaken, I think all the fall tour dates were released together.
Broken heart don't feel so bad, you ain't got half of what you thought you had
Last Edit: 1 year, 5 months ago by Gratefullyjohn.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#248111 1 year, 5 months ago
Gratefullyjohn wrote:
If I'm not mistaken, I think all the fall tour dates we released together.

I just dug through the old posts, and it looks like they were all announced together (except the Greek) on April 13th. So we've got awhile to wait. I keep forgetting there's an entire summer to plan first!
Gratefullyjohn
Junior Boarder
Let it ride, let it roll... LET IT ROLL

#248113 1 year, 5 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
Gratefullyjohn wrote:
If I'm not mistaken, I think all the fall tour dates we released together.

I just dug through the old posts, and it looks like they were all announced together (except the Greek) on April 13th. So we've got awhile to wait. I keep forgetting there's an entire summer to plan first!

Thats right! Wait your turn in line lol
Broken heart don't feel so bad, you ain't got half of what you thought you had
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#248115 1 year, 5 months ago
what if the Napa and All Good dates are all for the summer and they only do Red Rocks and Greek in the fall?
Time to create page: 0.63 seconds