• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

Re: Summer Tour?

#247472 1 year, 4 months ago
Someone (from this forum) sent me a PM on FB saying they have a friend who knows Jeff P, and that he said there will be a 2 week summer tour in July. Now as many of you know I have been saying that I didn't think that there was going to be a "tour", not to say I'm not hoping for some (Midwest ) dates but it seems they're just getting older and the touring is hard on them. I do find it strange that this person, who I don't want to throw under the bus, sent me a PM but didn't want to post anything on here
The voices tell me what to say
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue, CosmicCookie
mr. nobody
Junior Boarder

#247485 1 year, 4 months ago
Ha Ha! "Throw him under the bus"? Why not? You just threw Jeff under the bus. To lend cred to what you wanted to blurt out. Good going!
kfender
Gold Boarder

#247494 1 year, 4 months ago
funky420 wrote:
Someone (from this forum) sent me a PM on FB saying they have a friend who knows Jeff P, and that he said there will be a 2 week summer tour in July. Now as many of you know I have been saying that I didn't think that there was going to be a "tour", not to say I'm not hoping for some (Midwest ) dates but it seems they're just getting older and the touring is hard on them. I do find it strange that this person, who I don't want to throw under the bus, sent me a PM but didn't want to post anything on here
Funky is referring to me.I was told by a friend of mine the day before the Cap dates were announced that there would be 2 weeks of shows in July.He asked me to keep it hush hush.Not sure if Jeff reads any posts here but oh well there you have it
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420
funky420
Platinum Boarder

#247500 1 year, 4 months ago
mr. nobody wrote:
Ha Ha! "Throw him under the bus"? Why not? You just threw Jeff under the bus. To lend cred to what you wanted to blurt out. Good going!

I didn't throw Jeff under the bus he willingly layed down in front of said bus when he let said info slip to outsiders. Thank you though mr. nobody

Besides none of us know if any of these "RUMORS" are true. Oh I forgot if its on the internet it has to be true!
kfender
Gold Boarder

#247503 1 year, 4 months ago
Funky i sent you the PM because you seem so convinced there will be no tour.I was also asked to keep it on the down low,which is why I didn't post it here originally
The following user(s) said Thank You: kevin
gvanman
Platinum Boarder

#247506 1 year, 4 months ago
Cats outta da bag. Watch this one run.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#247508 1 year, 4 months ago
kfender wrote:
Funky i sent you the PM because you seem so convinced there will be no tour.I was also asked to keep it on the down low,which is why I didn't post it here originally

I wouldn't feel too bad. I think most people were expecting summer dates anyway. A lot of people were convinced there wasn't going to be a spring tour either..
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#247512 1 year, 4 months ago
Poles wrote:
deadhed4life34 wrote:
i saw a post on facebook saying that it will be a phil and friends ratdog summer and furthur will ONLY be at all good

Well, Phil is at Mountain Jam in early June and Bobby is with Rat Dog at the Peach Fest in mid August. That leaves a fair amount of time in between. Truth be told I will be a little upset if there is no Bethel show this summer.

I just checked Bethel's web site, July 13th to the 18th is still available

The Eagles are playing Bethel on July 25th, lawn $56.50, reserved $164.50 & $194.50, OUCH !
Last Edit: 1 year, 4 months ago by Island Head.
funky420
Platinum Boarder

#247534 1 year, 4 months ago
kfender wrote:

I know kfender, I was just noticing how the shows were getting fewer and "Furthur" between and I guess the whole point I was trying to make was not to be surprised when there's no "tour". but more likely just a few dates here and there. now if there and actual tour announced I'll be thrilled even with only one Chicago date sorry for being Mr. downer I'll try and pick it up a little.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kfender
NobleGlassArt
Gold Boarder

#247546 1 year, 4 months ago
@NobleGlassArt I certainly did not put anything out there. I havn't heard anything yet about July..

While I'm certainly not personal friends with him, as KFender is apparently? I've got a ton of followers on twitter(glass pics), and he just replied to me there.
Twenty-seven years of nothing but failures and promises that I couldn't keep
Time to create page: 0.69 seconds