• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
theuch24
Junior Boarder

Re: Summer Tour?

#247189 1 year, 5 months ago
I'm hoping for some Indiana dates! maybe The Lawn at White River State Park! Right in the heart of the city! Fingers crossed.
I gotta get down, I gotta get down.
B-Rad
Gold Boarder

#247224 1 year, 5 months ago
But really are we going to get the summer tour dates before April???
CosmicCookie
Senior Boarder
Its dizzying, the possibilities...

#247227 1 year, 5 months ago
fingers crossed for Friday!
Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don't be sorry
Tilnot
Fresh Boarder

#247232 1 year, 5 months ago
I would love some upstate NY dates.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, CosmicCookie
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#247252 1 year, 5 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
jaredlang wrote:
If they book it they will come.
I'm sure Strider will be there, and that would be enough for me.

There's some real truth to that! Aside from the fact they're loads of fun to hang around, in and out of shows, on Monday in Broomfield I was having some shuttle van trouble, and Strider and Wundurland stuck around the hotel, at the risk of missing their own flight, just to make sure I was all set and not stuck without a ride. Now that was some much appreciated FFF kindness in action!

And DM, you know I love the Colorado locals, but honestly, when you folks have to deal with work and family and your own group of friends, I think it's almost harder on you to coordinate than it is for the out-of-towners that only have vacation issues to deal with for the most part. However, if I'm there, you better believe that you're my first priority to see!! Well, maybe tied with Island Head, who made my day with his post.

Well you do have a point there. I always have said that hometown runs are harder on me than being on the road. For the recent CO run I feel like I drove more miles for those 4 shows than if I just drove to Cali and back for a run. I have had way too much drama this year which doesn't help either.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
Staggerl
Junior Boarder

#247260 1 year, 5 months ago
Florida! Florida! Hometown shows can be tougher than other places because you need to make it home afterwards as opposed to the nearest hotel or camping site which might mean long drives after the show and you still need to deal with real life issues in between shows. That being said, on a tour- not a run, home shows are like freebies in that you can go to whatever shows you can while they're close, not take too much time off work or away from family, not spend too much money and jump on the bus a week or 2 later or before for furthur adventures in far away places. Summer is my only shot at getting that freebie home show as fall is obvioulsy west coast agian. They came through Miami a few years ago and Mizner after that where Ratdog used to play consistantly so I have hope. St. Auggie isn't exacly a home show but it was still awesome with the onsite camping so I'm hoping for that one too.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#247269 1 year, 5 months ago
Don't get me wrong .. I'm not complaining about hometown shows. But, you know, when there are 4 shows a couple of them land on the weekday. Taking vacation time would alleviate some of the chaos but I need to save that time for travelling. Oh the hardships!
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
deadhed4life34
Junior Boarder

#247277 1 year, 5 months ago
i saw a post on facebook saying that it will be a phil and friends ratdog summer and furthur will ONLY be at all good
Poles
Expert Boarder

#247340 1 year, 5 months ago
deadhed4life34 wrote:
i saw a post on facebook saying that it will be a phil and friends ratdog summer and furthur will ONLY be at all good

Well, Phil is at Mountain Jam in early June and Bobby is with Rat Dog at the Peach Fest in mid August. That leaves a fair amount of time in between. Truth be told I will be a little upset if there is no Bethel show this summer.
Don't ya touch hard liquor
Just a cup of cold coffee
The following user(s) said Thank You: kevin
B-Rad
Gold Boarder

#247470 1 year, 5 months ago
deadhed4life34 wrote:

A post by whom? I doubt very much that there will be no summer tour... too much cash to be made out east (just look at how fast the Cap run sold out). It might be a short tour and maybe even another residency (Bethel!!!) but there will be a shows.
Time to create page: 0.49 seconds