• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder
Posts:8140

Re: Summer Tour?

#247788 1 year, 5 months ago
B-Rad wrote:
The spring announcement was a couple of weeks off from last year too...I think they maybe waited until after Vibes announced and after the AC tickets sold out.


more like 2-3 months off from last year with the Spring announcement -- they went on sale before Christmas last time
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder
Posts:1020

Re: Summer Tour?

#247790 1 year, 5 months ago
Back to the Jeff P....thing ...he had made a post about wanting to be at an event but he would be out with Furthur..... went back to find it and couldn't.....no reason they wouldn't tour.....can't imagine only doing all good....if we are patient they will come.
GOOD LOVE
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder
Posts:3353

Re: Summer Tour?

#247791 1 year, 5 months ago
cosmic charley wrote:
Furthur and summer , can't have one without the other .


One day we're gonna have to have one without the other.
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder
Posts:3353

Re: Summer Tour?

#247792 1 year, 5 months ago
brokenarrow wrote:
Back to the Jeff P....thing ...he had made a post about wanting to be at an event but he would be out with Furthur..... went back to find it and couldn't.....no reason they wouldn't tour.....can't imagine only doing all good....if we are patient they will come.


no reason they won't tour?! Are you serious?! They could have all kinda reasons not to tour. They aren't the money-guzzling Grateful Dead machine anymore, they can quit when they want - and have, several times. See The Other Ones and The Dead for instance.
B-Rad
Gold Boarder
Posts:1123

Re: Summer Tour?

#247798 1 year, 5 months ago
patchmyfurthur wrote:
brokenarrow wrote:


no reason they won't tour?! Are you serious?! They could have all kinda reasons not to tour. They aren't the money-guzzling Grateful Dead machine anymore, they can quit when they want - and have, several times. See The Other Ones and The Dead for instance.


I don't know what this is supposed to mean. When many people discuss them not touring they are thinking about only Phil and Bobby (even though they continue to be very active individually). There are also the other members of the band, the crew and all of the staff to consider. A couple of short two week summer and fall runs generates incomes for dozens of people for the entire year. Plus these guys like to play. The example of the Other Ones and the Dead only begs the question why is there a Furthur now then.
The following user(s) said Thank You: brokenarrow
bxorain
Senior Boarder
Posts:334

Re: Summer Tour?

#247799 1 year, 5 months ago
cosmic charley wrote:
Furthur and summer , can't have one without the other .


That's how I feel about the spring. All fall / winter long I conduct my own "investigation" on a spring tour...I literally just can't wait for the announcement. For me, April is GD, the turn of the weather and more GD. A 70 degree April day, strolling through Central Park, anxiously awaiting the show that night, walking through the City wondering where I'm gonna grab a bite and throw down a few preshow....just doesn't get any better than that! Summer is a bonus, spring is a must for me!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gratefullyjohn
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder
Posts:1020

Re: Summer Tour?

#247800 1 year, 5 months ago
patchmyfurthur wrote:
brokenarrow wrote:
Back to the Jeff P....thing ...he had made a post about wanting to be at an event but he would be out with Furthur..... went back to find it and couldn't.....no reason they wouldn't tour.....can't imagine only doing all good....if we are patient they will come.


no reason they won't tour?! Are you serious?! They could have all kinda reasons not to tour. They aren't the money-guzzling Grateful Dead machine anymore, they can quit when they want - and have, several times. See The Other Ones and The Dead for instance.
....

No I Was Kidding.....I stand by what I said No Reason they wouldn't tour
GOOD LOVE
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder
Posts:3353

Re: Summer Tour?

#247801 1 year, 5 months ago
ok I feel that guessing what tour will take place when only makes us bicker and fight, so lets throw on some good tunes, take sum good hits, and be happy for all we have and wish them all well
Last Edit: 1 year, 5 months ago by patchmyfurthur.
NobleGlassArt
Gold Boarder
Posts:1104

Re: Summer Tour?

#247802 1 year, 5 months ago
There's gonna be a tour, these guys could have retired comfortably a LONG time ago.

They love what they're doing
Twenty-seven years of nothing but failures and promises that I couldn't keep
B-Rad
Gold Boarder
Posts:1123

Re: Summer Tour?

#247803 1 year, 5 months ago
NobleGlassArt wrote:
There's gonna be a tour, these guys could have retired comfortably a LONG time ago.

They love what they're doing


We used to play for silver, now we play for life!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: patchmyfurthur, NobleGlassArt
Time to create page: 0.49 seconds