• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
MsJimp
Expert Boarder
I take pictures

Re: Complaint Dept. (Thread Title Changed...

#25163 3 years, 3 months ago
sjfgreenman wrote:
Ok, I'll give this thing a stab..a few random thoughts..

I see the point of the Karma rating, myself...instead of being defensive about it have you considered why it's there?
It's all fine and good to have freedom of speech and to have fun but do you think of others when saying something or are you only interested in your thoughts? I see people say things like, "hey, it's my thought and you have yours so why are you interested in what I think, why are you concerned?"

Well, why did you post something on an internet board if you don't care how it affects others? It's an interactive community and your words do affect others, it's just how it works. A big part of the GD community is built on caring about others while having a good time. Both are possible, and lots of both.

I was having a tough time finding topics I had been a part of until I found the "my topics" feature so that may be another part of it for people that my have a problem with what goes on at times. This is just me, I'm not saying it's for everyone but I try to limit my topics so I don't bury topics started by others, it just seems considerate to me and that is only speaking for myself.

I know it's cool for me to come back to a topic I took part in and see what has gone on since and that's difficult if it's been buried on page 4 and yep, if someone been away a day or two and see 10 topics on the same subject or made by 1 person it
may agitate them to see that their topic died under a pile of stuff.

I'm not talking about anything in particular, just taking another view and trying to understand the whole picture. I'm not invested one way or another. It's curious that some say they don't care about the points but are so bothered by this system..which is it? Does anyone want a point from me or for me to deduct one? I've never done it to this day but it looks like an important issue to some folks.

i am filing a complaint about these types of posts
Please tell Governor Christie of NJ to open the records
The following user(s) said Thank You: neverstop66, captaintony, DeadHead420
sjfgreenman
Expert Boarder

#25349 3 years, 3 months ago
I know here my Karma stands, I try to help other people, don't get off on finding easy targets like Chaz to ridicule. If that's your game, why play it out on a Furthur board? Are you kind?

You got that I was kidding about the complaints right? That's how things started. it was a play on words. seriously.
Critical thinking..
You take different positions on the same subject, trying to understand it from different viewpoints. I was trying to understand the Karma system, what it's worth may be. Why not? I like to think past my 1st reactions to things.. Are you always right? I'm not and I like to think things out..It was put there for some reason and I noticed people had been upset about. So what happened?

Immediately postings about people on high horses, holier than thou, etc..Fuck man, I wasn't taking a position as my own, I was wondering why people were given so many minus points. Reread my 1st post.

i thought that was ironic, given the person posting this had offered some high horse holier than thou opinions about someones gender issues. Suddenly my Karma points, something I had not given any thought to were being subtracted.

I see that there are a handful of you who want to put my words into a box that works for you but you may want to try to think outside that box, I'm not that easy to read..just look at my complaint joke..some didn't get it. Maybe there are other things you misunderstand as well..

The Furthur people made this board, created the Karma system...it is there for people to make what they want with it..don't blame them if people are getting bent about Karma points..I'm not...
"if you don't like the news go out and make some of your own"
Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by sjfgreenman.
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#25355 3 years, 3 months ago
I just smited you for repeating the same things you've already stated 10 times in this thread and other threads.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DeadHead420
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#25357 3 years, 3 months ago
We get it. You are a great wonderful dude in your own eyes and I am a deuchbag for starting a thread about Chaz. Now you don't understand why your karma is being nailed because you were could never say anything wrong. You are all about peace love and understanding. But you don't care about your karma but keep posting about it.
skidoo
Gold Boarder
skidoo, skidoo.....ski-doo doo doodlie doo doo doo

#25457 3 years, 3 months ago
"who's been messing with the colour on this thing?"

said my Dad while showing his Norge Union & trying to fix the phase/contrast on our Electrohome Javelin Console TV set
Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by skidoo.
Abba
Gold Boarder
I missed Jerry!

#25468 3 years, 3 months ago
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out
Think for yourself, Escape the gene pools
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#25638 3 years, 3 months ago
the head of the complaint department is Helen Weight,so go to Helen Weight
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
The following user(s) said Thank You: neverstop66
Time to create page: 0.43 seconds