• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder
Posts:2730

Re: Complaint Dept. (Thread Title Changed...

#24585 3 years, 3 months ago
Lynx wrote:
I wanna complain about the karma smiters. They win. I'm going the way of the platypus.


I just bumped you another karma point for trying to reason with these karma smiters.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DeadHead420
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1784
More negative karma please =-)

Re: Complaint Dept. (Thread Title Changed...

#24589 3 years, 3 months ago
Im for abolishing the whole furthur karma system in general. Its reaallly quite childish, especiallly considering its on a FURTHUR forum. Reminds me of the ridiculousness of highschool hierarchy. So, those for disbanding the Karma system say "I"

Dude Im for changing the name of this post to Abolishing Karma, so i dont have to make a new post( could but immm bout to smoke a bowl and cant bother with such tomfoolery. hahaha. i love you all
Ill forego the normal P.S.'s
sjfgreenman
Expert Boarder
Posts:733

Re: Complaint Dept. (Thread Title Changed...

#24601 3 years, 3 months ago
Ok, I'll give this thing a stab..a few random thoughts..

I see the point of the Karma rating, myself...instead of being defensive about it have you considered why it's there?
It's all fine and good to have freedom of speech and to have fun but do you think of others when saying something or are you only interested in your thoughts? I see people say things like, "hey, it's my thought and you have yours so why are you interested in what I think, why are you concerned?"

Well, why did you post something on an internet board if you don't care how it affects others? It's an interactive community and your words do affect others, it's just how it works. A big part of the GD community is built on caring about others while having a good time. Both are possible, and lots of both.

I was having a tough time finding topics I had been a part of until I found the "my topics" feature so that may be another part of it for people that my have a problem with what goes on at times. This is just me, I'm not saying it's for everyone but I try to limit my topics so I don't bury topics started by others, it just seems considerate to me and that is only speaking for myself.

I know it's cool for me to come back to a topic I took part in and see what has gone on since and that's difficult if it's been buried on page 4 and yep, if someone been away a day or two and see 10 topics on the same subject or made by 1 person it
may agitate them to see that their topic died under a pile of stuff.

I'm not talking about anything in particular, just taking another view and trying to understand the whole picture. I'm not invested one way or another. It's curious that some say they don't care about the points but are so bothered by this system..which is it? Does anyone want a point from me or for me to deduct one? I've never done it to this day but it looks like an important issue to some folks.
"if you don't like the news go out and make some of your own"
MWoods
Junior Boarder
Posts:162

Re: Complaint Dept. (Thread Title Changed...

#24659 3 years, 3 months ago
sjfgreenman wrote:
Ok, I'll give this thing a stab..a few random thoughts..

I see the point of the Karma rating, myself...instead of being defensive about it have you considered why it's there?
It's all fine and good to have freedom of speech and to have fun but do you think of others when saying something or are you only interested in your thoughts? I see people say things like, "hey, it's my thought and you have yours so why are you interested in what I think, why are you concerned?"

Well, why did you post something on an internet board if you don't care how it affects others? It's an interactive community and your words do affect others, it's just how it works. A big part of the GD community is built on caring about others while having a good time. Both are possible, and lots of both.

I was having a tough time finding topics I had been a part of until I found the "my topics" feature so that may be another part of it for people that my have a problem with what goes on at times. This is just me, I'm not saying it's for everyone but I try to limit my topics so I don't bury topics started by others, it just seems considerate to me and that is only speaking for myself.

I know it's cool for me to come back to a topic I took part in and see what has gone on since and that's difficult if it's been buried on page 4 and yep, if someone been away a day or two and see 10 topics on the same subject or made by 1 person it
may agitate them to see that their topic died under a pile of stuff.

I'm not talking about anything in particular, just taking another view and trying to understand the whole picture. I'm not invested one way or another. It's curious that some say they don't care about the points but are so bothered by this system..which is it? Does anyone want a point from me or for me to deduct one? I've never done it to this day but it looks like an important issue to some folks.


For someone who started off this thread by being so confrontational you're being awfully preachy now
The following user(s) said Thank You: neverstop66
sjfgreenman
Expert Boarder
Posts:733

Re: Complaint Dept. (Thread Title Changed...

#24843 3 years, 3 months ago
LOL...this?
"Wait are you complaining about the complaints? I have a problem with this....seriously."
Sarcasm, my friend
"if you don't like the news go out and make some of your own"
Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by sjfgreenman.
captaintony
Platinum Boarder
Posts:3691

Re: Complaint Dept. (Thread Title Changed...

#24873 3 years, 3 months ago
sjfgreenman wrote:
LOL...this?
"Wait are you complaining about the complaints? I have a problem with this....seriously."
Sarcasm, my friend


that's a funny point - we've degraded into making complaints about complaints.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sjfgreenman
OtherOne
Junior Boarder
Posts:231

Re: Complaint Dept. (Thread Title Changed...

#24883 3 years, 3 months ago
We should stop complaining about complaining and complain more about something that should be complained about (ie: Bob Weir singing Terrapin Station....)
The following user(s) said Thank You: DeadHead420
sjfgreenman
Expert Boarder
Posts:733

Re: Complaint Dept. (Thread Title Changed...

#24885 3 years, 3 months ago
"that's a funny point - we've degraded into making complaints about complaints."

bingo..we have a winner!
"if you don't like the news go out and make some of your own"
MWoods
Junior Boarder
Posts:162

Re: Complaint Dept. (Thread Title Changed...

#24997 3 years, 3 months ago
repeat info from another post:

stfugreenman you are a perfect example of why the karma system is a failure. You claim to not care about it but repeatedly bring up the fact that your karma rating has been going down. I don't blame you. It sucks to log onto a website for a band that you like and find out that other fans of the band disapprove of you in some way. It can't help but hurt if you are a caring person with real feelings.

The karma system clearly does more harm that good. Perhaps if we could only give "good" karma that would be one thing. But to anonymously smite people who are hear because of a common interest and love for the music of the Grateful Dead does nothing but create hurt feelings and division amongst the band's customer base...which, because of this forum, I am no longer a part of.

So congratulations Furthur on creating a fun and healthy place for your fans to hang out. People are jumping off your forum like rats off a sinking ship. Then again why shouldn't they? You are, after all, just an over-priced no$talgia act sucking money out of fans of another man's talent.
Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by MWoods.
captaintony
Platinum Boarder
Posts:3691

Re: Complaint Dept. (Thread Title Changed...

#25129 3 years, 3 months ago
MWoods wrote:
repeat info from another post:

stfugreenman you are a perfect example of why the karma system is a failure. You claim to not care about it but repeatedly bring up the fact that your karma rating has been going down. I don't blame you. It sucks to log onto a website for a band that you like and find out that other fans of the band disapprove of you in some way. It can't help but hurt if you are a caring person with real feelings.

The karma system clearly does more harm that good. Perhaps if we could only give "good" karma that would be one thing. But to anonymously smite people who are hear because of a common interest and love for the music of the Grateful Dead does nothing but create hurt feelings and division amongst the band's customer base...which, because of this forum, I am no longer a part of.

So congratulations Furthur on creating a fun and healthy place for your fans to hang out. People are jumping off your forum like rats off a sinking ship. Then again why shouldn't they? You are, after all, just an over-priced no$talgia act sucking money out of fans of another man's talent.


wow.
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
Posts:6754
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

Re: Complaint Dept. (Thread Title Changed...

#25134 3 years, 3 months ago
hostility, man . pure hostility.
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by the highway terror.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer
captaintony
Platinum Boarder
Posts:3691

Re: Complaint Dept. (Thread Title Changed...

#25136 3 years, 3 months ago
the highway terror wrote:
hostility, man . pure hostility.


what have we become?
Time to create page: 0.55 seconds