• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

Headphones

#244645 1 year, 5 months ago
anybody listen to music threw headphones regularly?

I just threw on a cheap pair that was sitting around for shits and giggles, and it's like a whole other world - gotta get me a good pair now

I can't imagine listening to music any other way when I'm by myself anymore.... is it bad for your ears to listen to too much loud music threw them?

I have a winter hat on to help keep these cheap little ear things in place

3/2/69 Dark Star right now - far out

trippinbawelz_2013-03-12.gif
Chester
More or less in line

Re: Headphones

#244646 1 year, 5 months ago
I have a pair that I use when traveling. But not at home. I have a pretty good set of speakers.
Listening to China>rider, 10/17/74.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
stricken
Gold Boarder

#244667 1 year, 5 months ago
They say that you should not exceed more than fifteen minutes at 75% volume or damage can start to accrue. What happens with head phones is they block out noise from other sources so that your ear becomes more in tune with the frequencies that are in closer proximity to your ear. This creates a bigger sound because your ear is now only having to reproduce a few sound waves.
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

#244668 1 year, 5 months ago
I use my headphones at work a lot and have a pair of over the ear Senheisers that are literally the greatest way I have yet to come by of listening to recorded music. The first time I listened to Dark Side of the Moon on them it blew my mind to pieces, there were things I had never heard before even though I had listened to the album maybe 5 million times. They were pretty expensive around $120 and I can't listen to any type of AUD recordings on them because they just pick up too much chatter, hissing, popping, etc but put on a studio or really well cleaned up album and it's like listening to music for the first time!

Listening to Pink Floyds Live At Pompeii right now, best recorded versions of Careful With That Axe Eugene, Echoes, and Saucerful of Secrets Ever!!!!
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
splatter_face
Platinum Boarder

#244669 1 year, 5 months ago
(((Headyphones)))
.....nine mile skid on a ten mile ride
dr bakes
Platinum Boarder
Dizzy ain't the word for the way you're makin me

#244670 1 year, 5 months ago
I can't imagine listening to music any other way when I'm by myself anymore.... is it bad for your ears to listen to too much loud music threw them?

3/2/69 Dark Star right now - far out

trippinbawelz_2013-03-12.gif
[/quote]
The ringing in my ears right now tells me about the damage done.
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake their hand
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#244724 1 year, 5 months ago
I've seen the head phones and the damage
done
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#244725 1 year, 5 months ago
yea I figured it wasn't a good sign when I took them off and my head was ringing
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#244729 1 year, 5 months ago
I know of one prominent radio dj who attributes head phones to hearing loss. Now mind you, we're talking about someone who wears head phones as part of their job, and most of us aren't likely to use them that much. But in the wrong hands they can do damage, I'm convinced. At the same time they do greatly enhance the listening experience providing a new way to hear even familiar music.
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#244734 1 year, 5 months ago
I use headphones everyday. I have a alright pair. There skullcandys and there earbuds. I do want so Dr Dre beats though, just dont have $350. I do enjoy listing that way though. I can hear bobby behind Jerry alot clearer.
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
Time to create page: 0.63 seconds