• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder

Re: Oddball Question

#244476 1 year, 6 months ago
If the wife and I go out with friends she sits beside me. If we are out with kids she sits beside me. Its nice to have her right there beside me......but when we are just us we sit across from each other....so certain instances could change my place setting...
GOOD LOVE
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#244482 1 year, 6 months ago
I love my sweetie and we do a lot of stuff together, but we never even thought of sitting on the same side of the booth like that.

I saw a couple doing it and I just wondered why.

And for the record you will notice that most people sit across from each other.
Almost all do.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#244494 1 year, 6 months ago
Luckily I married me a wife that doesn't care about such things I would fail horribly at making the right choice in that situation even with a 50/50 chance

That's funny though man I never thought about it!!
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ossumpei
Wheelman
Gold Boarder

#244498 1 year, 6 months ago
Ossumpei wrote:
Have you ever been to a restaurant and see a couple on a date, and they both are sitting on the same side of the booth?

What exactly is up with that anyway? You would think they would sit on opposite sides and look at each other and talk..

(“I don’t suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.” )
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#244503 1 year, 6 months ago
i want to sit on the same side of the booth as wheelman and talk about cesium levels in soil. of course, we will have to do this on common ground in the midwest.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

#244508 1 year, 6 months ago
I would rather sit in a comfortable chair with a nice size table facing the person I am sitting with. Most people would, and most resturants in Manhattan are set up that way. How about a table that is set up with a U shaped configuration? Over the New Years run I had lunch at Mel's Diner in San Francisco with two friends, at one of those u shaped tables. It was easier to grope my female friend, though after trying that maneuver one time she gave me one look that told me if I try that one more time, I might not make it back home in one piece. I would have claimed that it was an accident, however she knew me well enough to know that that was not the case. The good news is that there was enough room at the table so that I could eat my meal without any elbows in my way, and as long as I kept my hands to myself, I wouldn't have to visit any hospitals in the bay area.
I have had meals in NYC at tables with four sides. When I came with another person, the waitress left it up to me and my companion whether to face each other or sit on the side of each other. At most bars you sit side by side, however it is easier to adjust a bar stool for better angles. In St. Stephen there is a line about what a lot of fleeting matters you have spurned. I don't think that Robert Hunter was talking about how people sit in resturants, though I do believe this thread has covered this question thoroughly. Unless someone else would care to share their thoughts.
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#244510 1 year, 6 months ago
George on Sienfeld said he thought it was unusual, and that was about it.

As far as groping goes, we'll that's a two way street.

And for having covered this topic thoroughly, we still haven't answered the question.

Inquiring minds want to know.
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

#244516 1 year, 6 months ago
It does help if groper and gropee r both on the same page. There is only one way to find out.
Did I miss something? Was there a question here? This whole groping thing inspired me to lose track of what we are discussing here. To which my female friend responds shaking her head with an exasperated look, saying "men!"
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#244520 1 year, 6 months ago
The question is why do couples sit on the same side of a booth instead of across from each other.

Happy gropes to all!!
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#244651 1 year, 6 months ago
nycdave wrote:
Over the New Years run I had lunch at Mel's Diner in San Francisco

you must get a choco-nana (chocolate banana) shake from mel's!!
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds