• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Wundurland
Expert Boarder

Re: Oddball Question

#244390 1 year, 4 months ago
I like to sit across. The energy flows better from one person to the other. Plus, my ocd says each side of the table needs a body. Symmetry.
...was staring at the little blotch of sunshine with a special intensity, considering lying down in it.

-JD Salinger
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ossumpei
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#244391 1 year, 4 months ago
If I care about eating, I'd rather sit across, but if it's a date, then sitting together is simply more foreplay, something you can never give your ladies too much of!
The following user(s) said Thank You: i_be_sublime
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#244396 1 year, 4 months ago
I'm of the same school as Allison on this one.

I think that's why I asked in the first place, it seem asymetrical.

And eating is why you're there. Don't you bump elbows or feel crowded when you're on the same side.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
i_be_sublime
Expert Boarder
R.I.P.JERRY

#244431 1 year, 4 months ago
Two souls in communion?
The following user(s) said Thank You: alilfurther
i_be_sublime
Expert Boarder
R.I.P.JERRY

#244433 1 year, 4 months ago
o.k o.k. THEY LOVE EACH OTHER!
The following user(s) said Thank You: alilfurther
splatter_face
Platinum Boarder

#244434 1 year, 4 months ago
Some people don't go to restaurants just to eat.....
.....nine mile skid on a ten mile ride
alilfurther
Platinum Boarder

#244435 1 year, 4 months ago
i_be_sublime wrote:
o.k o.k. THEY LOVE EACH OTHER!

both are my favorite I am such a mooch
Let It SHIIIINE !!!!!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: i_be_sublime
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

#244446 1 year, 4 months ago
Ossumpei wrote:
In a four seat booth both parties sit on the same side of the booth, leaving the other side empty.

Being crowded doesn't play into it.

Maybe at the Cowgirl Hall of Fame the girls may group up like that, but at McSorley's Ale House? Or any one of the famed Blarney Stone pubs...

McSorley's and even the various Blarney Stone's are old school. They don't do anything based on modern standards.
You can fit more people into a dive if people sit side by side. You don't think that plays into a dive owner (in the Big Apple's) thinking? This may also be difficult to process. When some people go eat dinner with a date, there primary focus is on being close to their date not on whether they can eat without bumping elbows. In other words some people need to work on their priority list.
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#244450 1 year, 4 months ago
nycdave wrote:
Ossumpei wrote:
In a four seat booth both parties sit on the same side of the booth, leaving the other side empty.

Being crowded doesn't play into it.

Maybe at the Cowgirl Hall of Fame the girls may group up like that, but at McSorley's Ale House? Or any one of the famed Blarney Stone pubs...

McSorley's and even the various Blarney Stone's are old school. They don't do anything based on modern standards.
You can fit more people into a dive if people sit side by side. You don't think that plays into a dive owner (in the Big Apple's) thinking? This may also be difficult to process. When some people go eat dinner with a date, there primary focus is on being close to their date not on whether they can eat without bumping elbows. In other words some people need to work on their priority list.

Still, if its your table then its yours, two seated on the same side and the other side open. I know they try to cram all the tables they can into a place in the city, just look at the Carnegie Deli. When, if ever do you see two on the same side of the booth and the other side empty? They never showed that on Seinfeld, and to my recollection I never saw it in the city anywhere. It may happen on occasion in a Jersey or Brooklyn diner, but they don't play that in Canarsie.

And you can love each other while your all the way on the other side of the booth. Is is going to kill you to have a table between you for an hour.

Now, driving down the road in a pickup truck is one thing. Except for the safety issue of no seat belt I can see why people would do that.

And what do they do besides eat and talk Splatterface?
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#244468 1 year, 4 months ago
Is it possible they were conjoined twins?

that would explain a lot
-- smell every flower --
Time to create page: 0.82 seconds