• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

Re: Happy 2 Years to the Furthur Forum!!

#244809 1 year, 1 month ago
I registered on the 14th, which was the day off on that Best Buy run... I tried searching for my first post but the search function only works up to a year ago... stops at march 12th 2012

I'm very grateful for this forum which I've met many kind friends threw - long live the FFF and may the forum carry on many, many years... even after Furthur is done

edit -- I just realized I had the search engine set to only search up to a year ago, there is a 'anytime' option and I found my first post 3/17
Last Edit: 1 year, 1 month ago by MushroomMan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paige MoonDancer
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

Re: Happy 2 Years to the Furthur Forum!!

#244812 1 year, 1 month ago
On 3/18/95 at the Philadelphia Spectrum during the first Set (after Ramble On Rose) and even though it was three days late, everyone was still wishing Phil a happy birthday; to which Phil responded "happy birthday to you all too." Then Bob got in there and informed us that "tonight happens to be a very special night, because it is also happens to be both drummers birthday tonight. So you should all sing Happy Birthday to Mickey and Bill!" At this point Jerry jumps in at says that "it also happens to be Bob Weir's birhtday tonight." To celebrate all of these birthdays, the band then played Just like Tom Thumbs Blues.
Almost sixteen years later (3/12/11) we find Furthur playing at Best Buys. This is the show that Burt is talking about. The whole first set is remarkable: Hell In A Bucket > Bertha > FOTD > Big River - Pride of Cucamonga - Till The Morning Comes - Here Comes the Sun > Sunshine Daydream Jam > Supplication >Sunshine Daydream > Born Cross Eyed. Though Supplication was sung, it was not planned. It was hand written onto the setlist after the set. The second set of this show was also very strong.
Speaking of birthays, Happy Second Anniversary to everyone here! U'all are the best of the best!
Last Edit: 1 year, 1 month ago by nycdave. Reason: Happy Second!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paige MoonDancer
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds