• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

Re: bass videos

#245764 1 year, 7 months ago
Dude that was great, that looks like fun Burt. Im digging it. Sound like the truckin up to Bufflo, Bertha. Keep them coming
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#245818 1 year, 7 months ago
funky420 wrote:
Great job Burt. I'd Like to hear some free form jamming though. We know you can play along with the tunes but I think you gotta show these people some open end loose improve! Maybe you and Justin could do something together!? Anyway just a suggestion, keep 'em comin'!

i am confused. are you asking me to just play whatever pops into my head? with no backing guitars or drums?
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#245825 1 year, 7 months ago
wlewis wrote:
funky420 wrote:
Great job Burt. I'd Like to hear some free form jamming though. We know you can play along with the tunes but I think you gotta show these people some open end loose improve! Maybe you and Justin could do something together!? Anyway just a suggestion, keep 'em comin'!

i am confused. are you asking me to just play whatever pops into my head? with no backing guitars or drums?

No actually I think I would actually prefer to see you and another musician jam and see what you come up with. I guess what I mean is similar to like when they (the band) gets into a jam that is nothing like the original song and they are just free form jamming til they bring it back. See with the recordings that your playing with it is easier to just memorize the length of a certain song instead of exploring and feeding off other band mates. Essentially I wanna see how "out there" you can get. You totally have a TON of talent
The voices tell me what to say
Last Edit: 1 year, 7 months ago by funky420.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#245826 1 year, 7 months ago
i don't memorize any of these recordings man. i pick one on archive and throw it on. i see the length of a song but that tells me nothing about where it's going. the only one i can recall playing before was the bertha from truckin' up to buffalo. scarlet has a nice jam in it.

i play with some musicians (dead tunes) in alameda. i am putting together a group. still looking for a great drummer and lead guitar player. rifling through them like hot cakes.

the trio i play with we do a few dead tunes but it's not the same. we primarily play original material the guitarist wrote.

until the super group is formed, you will just get me playing to whatever grateful dead show i find on archive.

here are are some workingman's dead videos, maybe this has some of what you're looking for. these are from last year, before i moved.

The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420
funky420
Platinum Boarder

#245827 1 year, 7 months ago
Hey man, I didn't mean any disrespect.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#245828 1 year, 7 months ago
i didn't feel disrespected.
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420
funky420
Platinum Boarder

#245829 1 year, 7 months ago
funky420
Platinum Boarder

#245830 1 year, 7 months ago
I recently just found my stubs for these shows and have just been enjoying the shit outta the recordings
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#247713 1 year, 7 months ago
Last Edit: 1 year, 7 months ago by wlewis.
Gratefullyjohn
Junior Boarder
Let it ride, let it roll... LET IT ROLL

#247748 1 year, 7 months ago
Nice work, I'm gunna have to upload something. I play the bass guitar and try to play like Phil. I think I suck but I have been told I sound identical to him and I've also been called a genius for my playing ability but idk I just don't see it. I'm too humble. I know I would make Phil proud though. He was my inspiration man out of any of the instruments and members of the band I chose to play Phil. It's something special I can see why he always so happy while playing. You feel the grooves you create and it's truly something special. I jam along with the dead and furthur all day long haha, better with them then my friends I jam with.
Broken heart don't feel so bad, you ain't got half of what you thought you had
BillyDeLion
Junior Boarder

#247782 1 year, 7 months ago
wlewis wrote:
here are are some workingman's dead videos, maybe this has some of what you're looking for.
these are from last year, before i moved.[/video]

Great stuff. I like how the bass is nice and loud in the mix.
These are the good old days!!
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#247810 1 year, 7 months ago
BillyDeLion wrote:
wlewis wrote:
here are are some workingman's dead videos, maybe this has some of what you're looking for.
these are from last year, before i moved.[/video]

Great stuff. I like how the bass is nice and loud in the mix.

yeah, me too, but my bandmates didn't
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds